What to do about the S&C team? Fire them?

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Ok, honestly I don't think ever watched a game of his in college bc watching Virginia suck at football is not high on my radar on Saturday games to watch.

The way I see it currently though is that  he's clearly improved in the pros thanks to Callahan and Moses’ own hard work, at least at RT.

I think it's pretty clear if Trent doesn't play that while it isn't ideal, our best option at LT would be to flip Moses over to LT and have Scherff, Christian, Flowers or someone else we acquire play RT.

Sadly, if Trent won't play or if he's traded, I wouldn't be surprised if Lauvao isn't re-signed eventually as well to compete for the starting LG job, especially if Moses ends up playing LT and then Scherff is bumped out to RT.

Remember, both @MKnight82 and I were very leery of Washington drafting Moses because we did see him play. When Scherff was drafted both of us thought that Moses would lose the RT spot to Brandon, but he won the job (to our surprise) and Scherff moved inside. He's done incredibly well there, much to my shock (and perhaps to MK as well).

Also, keep in mind that the last time he played left tackle for any significant amount of time was the fall and winter of 2013. Moving him to the other side of the line would be really disruptive for the right side of the line for perhaps limited gains (or even net negative) on the left.

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

It's your consistent medical procedure issues he wants out right? Why not get rid of the current medical staff and hire a more up to date staff. Than pay the man a little extra money up front. It's a bussiness right? Admitt your fault Skins and be professionals. Trading Trent basically is sending him to another team (with better physicians) where he can get back to being a top 5 LT for the next 3 years (maybe more) somewhere else leaving Keenum or Haskins blindside not safe. If this is truly the reason he wants out he's gonna want to know the history of surgeries and medical things of his new team. Take responsibility for your failure of mistreating him/other guys injuries and fix this issue. 

What type of message is this sending other player's? How does this make your Franchise look? Trading or releasing a guy becuase your Medical Staff misdiagnosed him! Keep in mind the Medical Staff and some of it's work has been in question for some time. You don't care about your player's just trading or releasing Trent William's in this situation! Bad look💯

Trading Trent for another teams starting OT and a high draft choice in the 2020 draft is not as bad as a look as having Trent sit out the 2019 season bc he refuses to play for your franchise bc he doesn't trust the medical staff.

If he won't play for the Redskins and they don't trade him for picks and/or another player, they're stupid. 

As far as the medical staff goes, this may have been an option if Trent let this be known in February but it’s June! I don’t think it’s a good decision at all to get rid of the current medical staff and start over at square one a month before Training Camp starts and 4 months into the offseason. 

The NFL regular season is 3 months away, 91 days to be exact. Replacing an entire medical staff in 91 days for and NFL football team to be ready for the 16 game regular season, not to mention training camp is only 49 days away and our first preseason game is a few weeks after that.

The Redskins can save $11.2 million by trading him right now bc its after June 1st. With that $ they could sign one of the few good to great free agents who are still out there but haven't signed a deal yet like Eric Berry on a one-year prove it deal at FS for example to be teamed up with Landon Collins.

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Trading Trent for another teams starting OT and a high draft choice in the 2020 draft is not as bad as a look as having Trent sit out the 2019 season bc he refuses to play for your franchise bc he doesn't trust the medical staff.

If he won't play for the Redskins and they don't trade him for picks and/or another player, they're stupid. 

As far as the medical staff goes, this may have been an option if Trent let this be known in February but it’s June! I don’t think it’s a good decision at all to get rid of the current medical staff and start over at square one a month before Training Camp starts and 4 months into the offseason. 

The NFL regular season is 3 months away, 91 days to be exact. Replacing an entire medical staff in 91 days for and NFL football team to be ready for the 16 game regular season, not to mention training camp is only 49 days away and our first preseason game is a few weeks after that.

He would have to sit out two seasons. He’s not going to do this. 

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He would have to sit out two seasons. He’s not going to do this. 

Ehh, I don't know. Trent is more than set financially. Remember, he was in the last draft class that got paid big money up front before the rookie wage scale came about in the 2011 CBA.

His rookie contract was 6 years for $60 million of which he earned $45 million before he re-signed his new deal in 2015 which was 5 years for $68 million.

He's earned $98.39 million so far in his 9-year career.

This is not a Kirk Cousins or Le’Veon Bell situation where they haven't been paid on a long term big deal and they want that big guaranteed money over 3 to 6 years.

Trent doesn't have to play.

Edited by turtle28

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Ehh, I don't know. Trent is more than set financially. Remember, he was in the last draft class that got paid big money up front before the rookie wage scale came about in the 2011 CBA.

His rookie contract was 6 years for $60 million of which he earned $45 million before he re-signed his new deal in 2015 which was 5 years for $68 million.

He's earned $98.39 million so far in his 9-year career.

This is not a Kirk Cousins or Le’Veon Bell situation where they haven't been paid on a long term big deal and they want that big guaranteed money over 3 to 6 years.

Trent doesn't have to play.

So he’s going to give up $25M, age two years and then expect what when he comes back? Nobody is going to give a 33-year old tackle with suspensions and injuries much of a contract after he hasn’t played football in two years. This whole idea of him sitting out two years is absurd. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think Washington would be wise to investigate how serious he is about the "never playing for you again" thing before trading him.

I do get what you are saying and they'll have to be careful with how they handle this.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So he’s going to give up $25M, age two years and then expect what when he comes back? Nobody is going to give a 33-year old tackle with suspensions and injuries much of a contract after he hasn’t played football in two years. This whole idea of him sitting out two years is absurd. 

I also think it's absurd for the franchise to take on his cap hit for the next two years or even just this year if he chooses to not play. If he seriously won't play this year than the only option they have is to trade him for whatever they can get.

Just now, turtle28 said:

I also think it's absurd for the franchise to take on his cap hit for the next two years or even just this year if he chooses to not play. If he seriously won't play this year than the only option they have is to trade him for whatever they can get.

Again, let's see what happens before we go to apocalyptic scenarios. I think there may be a pathway towards him in B&G this season, but it will take some deft diplomacy on the part of the front office (which, I know is a risky bet to put money on).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I doubt they’ll have to if he moronically chose to do that. He’d be put on the reserve/failed to report list and forfeit his contract. He’s not getting paid to sit at home for two years. I know you love to argue but there is no situation where Trent gets paid to not play the next two years. This isn’t an injury situation. He’s just failing to show. 

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Remember, both @MKnight82 and I were very leery of Washington drafting Moses because we did see him play. When Scherff was drafted both of us thought that Moses would lose the RT spot to Brandon, but he won the job (to our surprise) and Scherff moved inside. He's done incredibly well there, much to my shock (and perhaps to MK as well).

Also, keep in mind that the last time he played left tackle for any significant amount of time was the fall and winter of 2013. Moving him to the other side of the line would be really disruptive for the right side of the line for perhaps limited gains (or even net negative) on the left.

I do remember you and Mknight wanting to give up on Moses after just his rookie season, I mean how couldn't forget that? Haha 😂 

As for moving him. It's not ideal, the best situation is for Trent to play but moving Moses to LT seems like the obvious 2nd best option right now. 

I’d much rather have Moses and Martin/Flowers manning the left side than Flowers and Martin or Christian and Martin/Flowers.

Edited by turtle28

Just now, turtle28 said:

I’d much rather have Moses and Martin/Flowers manning the left side than Flowers and Martin or Christian and Martin/Flowers.

Any combination that has Flowers involved is a FAIL.

"Christian/Parris(*) - Martin - Roullier - Scherff - Moses" is probably their best option right now.

(*) Damon Harrison might also be a viable choice.