What to do about the S&C team? Fire them?

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t know why we can’t talk about it or shouldn’t brainstorm. I mean that is mostly the reason this forum was created to think through things like this for average fans and for us to have a discussion.

Go right ahead and talk about it. I don't think we were saying you couldn't. We're just expressing our opinion that it's not much to get wrapped around the axle about given that it's only June and camp hasn't officially started yet. If he's still a holdout in Preseason it's a problem.

At this point, I’m not exactly saying Trent will be off the team or traded but if he is, I think it’s at least an interesting exercise to discuss what we would get back in a trade and who’s we’d trade with if that does happen.

Sure. Knock yourself out. But I doubt that Redskins trade him. But yeah, it's an interesting exercise though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

As a vet entering his 10th season, I'd say its not really a problem until the regular season.

Well, it's a problem for continuity of the line and protecting our QBs in the preseason. Is it a problem for him? No. But him holding out and not showing up will have consequences for the OL.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Trading Trent for another teams starting OT and a high draft choice in the 2020 draft is not as bad as a look as having Trent sit out the 2019 season bc he refuses to play for your franchise bc he doesn't trust the medical staff.

If he won't play for the Redskins and they don't trade him for picks and/or another player, they're stupid. 

As far as the medical staff goes, this may have been an option if Trent let this be known in February but it’s June! I don’t think it’s a good decision at all to get rid of the current medical staff and start over at square one a month before Training Camp starts and 4 months into the offseason. 

The NFL regular season is 3 months away, 91 days to be exact. Replacing an entire medical staff in 91 days for and NFL football team to be ready for the 16 game regular season, not to mention training camp is only 49 days away and our first preseason game is a few weeks after that.

The Redskins can save $11.2 million by trading him right now bc its after June 1st. With that $ they could sign one of the few good to great free agents who are still out there but haven't signed a deal yet like Eric Berry on a one-year prove it deal at FS for example to be teamed up with Landon Collins.

Not thinking in the player's best interest or point of view isn't the way to handle this situation IMO.Trent may be the only guy to demand a trade, but he's not the only player who feels this way about the organization medical staff IMO. So the longer you keep them and have them consistently have player's feeling this way, the longer guys can lose interest in wanting to join your organization and even possibly Resign here. 

Trading Trent because he wants more money or just a possible change of the medical staff because they did something Wrong to him says what to the next guy? We already heard how Moses felt and he was in favor of Trent. Trent isn't the problem here. The problem is within the organization but we should all know this by now. 

Edited by Skins212689
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Not thinking in the player's best interest or point of view isn't the way to handle this situation IMO.Trent may be the only guy to demand a trade, but he's not the only player who feels this way about the organization medical staff IMO. So the longer you keep them and have them consistently have player's feeling this way, the longer guys can lose interest in wanting to join your organization and even possibly Resign here. 

Trading Trent because he wants more money or just a possible change of the medical staff because they did something Wrong to him says what to the next guy? We already heard how Moses felt and he was in favor of Trent. Trent isn't the problem here. The problem is within the organization but we should all know this by now. 

Yup. I want the trainers and medical staff gone. I want them to completely clean house there. But trading Trent is not an option.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. I want the trainers and medical staff gone. I want them to completely clean house there. But trading Trent is not an option.

It's only a option if he where to pull a Bell and try sitting out the whole year. Where not going into Week 1 without this issue resolved.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The issue with this is that it hurts the franchise. The Steelers look pretty foolish now for not trading Le’Veon Bell to someone in need of a running back and at worst getting back a 2nd round pick.

Another example is Cousins. The Redskins should have done the same with Cousins in 2016 or 17 if they thought he would never sign a team friendly deal with them.

We could have gotten back at worst a 2nd round pick for Kirk in 16 or 17 instead of just a 3rd round comp pick.

We definitely could've gotten more than what the Pats got for Jimmy G from the 49ers for Kirk.

Levon was at the prime of his career and isnt hurt and beat up. If we keep Trent with no salary for 2 to 3 years he only hurts himself. We wont get much for him eitherway.

Doc’s Lightening Round of possibilities 

- Trent just doesn’t want to practice. He’s not old but his body has much more wear and tear on it than a guy his age- he’s in the body shop more than my old MG and the dude just doesn’t like to work out

- Trent sees an opportunity to accomplish the item above and maybe get some more money or another year or two on his deal

- as hard as it is to believe this, maybe Jason LC is wrong about reporting Trents comments about the teams medical staff? JLC- He’s only wrong about as frequently as rabbits mate. 

- lastly, what is Bruce to do? How about threaten to sue Trent for defamation of the team, the medical staff, the team ownership and management, and the NFL, suspend him for the remainder of his contract unless he agrees to report, says the story is false or apologize, if he doesn’t comply petition the league for a special exemption to enable the team to recover the salary cap hit as Bruce is protecting the league brand , or

- do nothing and Trent will report say around a week before the second or third  preseason game

doc out 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t know why we can’t talk about it or shouldn’t brainstorm. I mean that is mostly the reason this forum was created to think through things like this for average fans and for us to have a discussion.

At this point, I’m not exactly saying Trent will be off the team or traded but if he is, I think it’s at least an interesting exercise to discuss what we would get back in a trade and who’s we’d trade with if that does happen.

Nothing saying you cannot have a discussion, but it seems like some of you are getting worked up over something that might amount to nothing.

Yes, this is strange for me too, with me taking the optimistic angle and you taking the burn it to ground one.

Interesting interview on the local talk radio here last night (in Richmond).  The Redskins writer for the Richmond Times Dispatch was on and was saying that Trent Williams is one of the most powerful people in the Redskins organization.  Actually he said he might be the most powerful person behind only Snyder and Bruce (ya he said TWill has more say that Gruden) because he's been the Redskins best player for so long.  He was saying that if Trent Williams really forces the issue here, he might actually get some changes made in the organization.  The argument is this, who is more important to this organization, your $100 mil franchise LT or a few doctors that no one has ever heard of?  The answer is simple.  Trent Williams brings a ton of revenue into the organization, they have to find a way to appease him, and if Trent flexes his muscle he can push some people out the door quite easily according to this reporter.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I'm not saying Trent is the problem, but if this is the first he's let the team know of his issues from last season's growth on his head and how it was handled and it's June... That's a problem!

If these issues had been know to the Front Office in February or March, I could see dumping the medical/training staff for a new one, but not now. It's too far into the offseason and a new training staff would have to scramble to get ready and to get everything going for the season with players that they currently don't know what their medical issues are. 

It's clear the front office is the problem, I'm bot disputing that but the timing of this hurts the franchise and his teammates. 

Also, once again, if he truly isn't going to play for the franchise they need to do something with him to get value back for his talent and to try to replace him. I don't know how serious he is about him not wanting to play for the Redskins again but from the reports that are out there, he is. And, if that's true, the best thing to do is to trade him for another staring OT and a draft pick. I don't want to trade Trent, but it may end up being the best option the Redskins have in what has turned out to be a horrible situation.

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

Nothing saying you cannot have a discussion, but it seems like some of you are getting worked up over something that might amount to nothing.

Yes, this is strange for me too, with me taking the optimistic angle and you taking the burn it to ground one.

Yeah, and it may be nothing, but it sure doesn't seem that way, only time will tell. I sure hope Trent actually lets the organization know over the next two months what his true intentions are so the front office can then make a clear decision on what to do.

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Interesting interview on the local talk radio here last night (in Richmond).  The Redskins writer for the Richmond Times Dispatch was on and was saying that Trent Williams is one of the most powerful people in the Redskins organization.  Actually he said he might be the most powerful person behind only Snyder and Bruce (ya he said TWill has more say that Gruden) because he's been the Redskins best player for so long.  He was saying that if Trent Williams really forces the issue here, he might actually get some changes made in the organization.  The argument is this, who is more important to this organization, your $100 mil franchise LT or a few doctors that no one has ever heard of?  The answer is simple.  Trent Williams brings a ton of revenue into the organization, they have to find a way to appease him, and if Trent flexes his muscle he can push some people out the door quite easily according to this reporter.  

Sure the answer is Trent. Trent can easily get a contract extension and have a few of the medical people canned bc he does have that much respect at Redskins part and certainly in the locker-room but if that's been his goal since the end of last offseason - and who truly knows bc he's not going to tell public about it - then again, this is awful timing!

If Trent has felt this way since last Jan or Feb, this issue should have been cleared up then. They could have gotten an entire new medical and training staff before March and extended Trent’s contract in March too. 

Tarik El-Bashir said that if Trent is happy and healthy the locker room is a great place to be but whenever he isn't happy or isn’t healthy the entire locker-room isn't. 

He truly is the leader of this franchise and everyone in the locker room looks to him.

Edited by turtle28