Doc Draper

What to do about the S&C team? Fire them?

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Whatever the hell that means...

This is one of those times where Allen should keep his mouth shut.

27 minutes ago, Woz said:

This is one of those times where Allen should keep his mouth shut.

Pretty sure that’s every time 

Just now, turtle28 said:

Pretty sure that’s every time 

giphy.gif

Trade  him for a  2nd round draft pick   or two Kansas City for Tyreek Hill

2 minutes ago, Geno said:

Trade  him for a  2nd round draft pick   or two Kansas City for Tyreek Hill

You can't be serious...

if we lose trent then we should not play DH this year. this offense is a disaster

1 hour ago, mar29020 said:

if we lose trent then we should not play DH this year. this offense is a disaster

Depends who we get back in return. If we are trading Trent it's most likely going to be for another teams current starting LT or RT and a pick. Therefore while we or won't have a pro bowler any more LT like Trent, we’ll probably have a serviceable starter at LT like I think we’d have if Moses had to flip over to LT.

I’m sticking with him just skipping OTA’s, resting his old body and showing up around August 15th to be ready for the season opener and get paid 

4 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Agree the Wizdom of the Wizard of Woz is indisputable 

So, it is written, so let it be done.

24 minutes ago, Woz said:

So, it is written, so let it be done.

giphy.gif 

It's time to move on from Trent Williams.

Hes not a monster. Or, at least,  for most of the season, hes not. He's always injured. He hasnt played a full season in five years.

In the last three years, on average, hes missed over a quarter of the season. Now he comes in demanding a trade or more money. Out of the blue, with no conversations before, he doesnt report, citing wanting a new contract. And then it changes to ominous complaining about the training staff. 

Honestly,  I've had enough. If you want to say Williams is a big team leader, okay. Then he bears as much responsibility for this team's terrible culture as anyone. He wants a trade? Fine, do it. His best days are behind him and he isnt reliable anymore. If someone wants the cap hit, let em take it.

Posted (edited)

Trent was by far the most athletically gifted LT we have had, but he’s never maximized his gifts. Is it laziness, or what, but he’s consistently overweight ( munchies can do this), and injury prone although you have to give him credit he plays through pain, but maybe if he prepared like a pro he wouldn’t get so injured. All in all the fourth best LT we’ve had in modern era behind Jacobs, Lachey and Samuels. It still shocks me that Lachey doesn’t get the recognition he deserves, probably because he played for the chargers for a while. 

I don’t think we would get more than a second round pick for him at this point. I think he will be at Lt when the season starts and who knows maybe taking time off will help him stay healthier if he’s working out. If history is a basis for projecting, he will come in 30 pounds overweight like normal and by games 2 or 3 will be listed on the injury report throughout the year 

Edited by Doc Draper