What to do about the S&C team? Fire them?

6 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

--It's possible nobody is having a worse minicamp than Ereck Flowers. After getting manhandled by Sweat last week, Flowers, playing at the left tackle position, was picked up and moved around like a piece of unwanted furniture throughout Tuesday's drills. Ryan Anderson will look like a Pro Bowler in the film room when the tape is reviewed. The Redskins, hopefully, are coming up with starting five combinations that don't involve counting on Flowers.

https://www.richmond.com/sports/redskins/redskins-observations-the-deep-ball-is-back-in/article_487838aa-86db-11e9-a986-6b9cf85de59d.html

Wait, the great galoof is playing like a great galoof? Who could have predicted that the bum would turn out to be a bum?!

9_9

(admit it was a mistake (that potentially cost you a compensatory pick) and move on from this joker)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Hard to be a fan of anyone that signs a contract, puts there name on the line and then doesn't honor said contract. Integrity ? I think NOT .

Then I’m not sure how you’re a fan of an NFL team? 

• Like 1

Also from the article that @HTTRG3Dynasty mentioned (https://www.richmond.com/sports/redskins/redskins-observations-the-deep-ball-is-back-in/article_487838aa-86db-11e9-a986-6b9cf85de59d.html )

--If I were Trent Williams, and I saw what was happening on the practice field, I'd hold out too. He's an essential piece of this year's team.

--At the same time, the Redskins would be crazy to give him an extension. Williams has two years left, and then would have one manageable season on the franchise tag. Paying Trent Williams top dollar now for what he might provide you in 2022? Not a good idea.

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Then I’m not sure how you’re a fan of an NFL team? 

Not following you on this .  There are players that sign a contract, actually play above the contract but honor the deal and play it through .

44 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Not following you on this .  There are players that sign a contract, actually play above the contract but honor the deal and play it through .

NFL teams also give out these contracts and then don’t honor them unless the terms stay in their favor. You can’t knock players for doing something teams do all the time. 

Trent is just playing his cards here. Rookie QB and no real option behind him. He’s looking for one more payday. Agent advice at its finest. They want to move some money around his current deal, maybe add a non guaranteed year for 2022 fine, I have no problem with that. Sure this will linger into camp and that’s fine too. They need Trent week 1 all systems go. Not real concerned he’s missing practices in June. Nice to get Geron the extra work

7 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Trent is just playing his cards here. Rookie QB and no real option behind him. He’s looking for one more payday. Agent advice at its finest. They want to move some money around his current deal, maybe add a non guaranteed year for 2022 fine, I have no problem with that. Sure this will linger into camp and that’s fine too. They need Trent week 1 all systems go. Not real concerned he’s missing practices in June. Nice to get Geron the extra work

If it's just adding a non-guaranteed year and not much more for the next two, I'm okay with talking. If he's trying to get tons of $$ and get paid like a young LT? Nope.

Don’t think you can trade him. I think that takes playing Haskins off the table, for the most part. A rookie QB with limited college experience in a gimmicky offense, with no WRs to speak of, with limited mobility, AND with a gaping black hole on the left side of the OL? That’s a recipe for disaster. With Trent off the roster, I can’t think of a single OL combination that I would be willing to put Haskins behind on a full-basis. Maybe if you played 6 OL and used Christian, Flowers, and one of the rookie OGs on the left side...

Plus, that puts us in a position where we’d be basically compelled to use our first pick in what will one day be referred to as “The Great WR Draft of 2020” on a plug and play LT. That’s less than ideal. 

I don’t like that he’s doing this now. But he’s got us by the short hairs, and it’s a business. The Redskins have done their fair share of that over the years, compelling guys to renegotiate (or be cut) when they held the leverage. 

• Like 3