Jump to content
DigInBoys

Bills Stadium issues will be resolved "One Way or the Other"

Recommended Posts

Usually I'd say that relocation is inevitable, but I don't see that in Buffalo - I don't think the Pegulas have a desire to leave, they've already spent their own money to build up a facility for the team.

They don't need to build a Jerruh or anything extravagant - Buffalo isn't huge, they could build something much smaller and get the job done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

For anyone saying they aren't moving, there's not a good enough offer on the table.

There's always the potential for a move, unlikely as it may be it is possible. 

This.

Take it from a fan of a team that did relocate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

For anyone saying they aren't moving, there's not a good enough offer on the table.

There's always the potential for a move, unlikely as it may be it is possible. 

Possible sure. But there really is no evidence suggesting the team will move. 

Terry Pegula paid cash when he bought the Bills. So the offer would have to be quite substantial considering he and his family basically own the entire city, the Sabers and a team in Rochester, NY. Money is no issue for them as according to CBS they are the 7th richest owners in the league. So unless the NFL forced him to sell, he won't let go of the team. And I would put it at less then a 1% chance the Bills leave Buffalo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Possible sure. But there really is no evidence suggesting the team will move. 

Terry Pegula paid cash when he bought the Bills. So the offer would have to be quite substantial considering he and his family basically own the entire city, the Sabers and a team in Rochester, NY. Money is no issue for them as according to CBS they are the 7th richest owners in the league. So unless the NFL forced him to sell, he won't let go of the team. And I would put it at less then a 1% chance the Bills leave Buffalo. 

I wouldn't underestimate the greed of NFL owners.

History is replete with examples of professional sports owners doing whatever it took to find greener pastures.

When it comes to stadiums, they will try to spend as little out of their own pockets as possible.

The most recent example is Kroenke. A Missouri native who had a reasonable stadium deal on the table and still left.

A billionaire isn't going to spend "whatever it takes" to build a stadium if the math doesn't work in the market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ET80 said:

Usually I'd say that relocation is inevitable, but I don't see that in Buffalo - I don't think the Pegulas have a desire to leave, they've already spent their own money to build up a facility for the team.

They don't need to build a Jerruh or anything extravagant - Buffalo isn't huge, they could build something much smaller and get the job done.

Didn't Mark Davis build a new training facility in Oakland in recent years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DigInBoys said:

I wouldn't underestimate the greed of NFL owners.

History is replete with examples of professional sports owners doing whatever it took to find greener pastures.

When it comes to stadiums, they will try to spend as little out of their own pockets as possible.

The most recent example is Kroenke. A Missouri native who had a reasonable stadium deal on the table and still left.

A billionaire isn't going to spend "whatever it takes" to build a stadium if the math doesn't work in the market.

They own the city though, it makes vastly more sense for them financially to keep the Bills within their own ecosystem where they reap all the collective benefits rather than a city where they only benefit from the singular team. The issue hasn't been money related, it's mostly zoning issues because they want a downtown waterfront stadium.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

They own the city though, it makes vastly more sense for them financially to keep the Bills within their own ecosystem where they reap all the collective benefits rather than a city where they only benefit from the singular team. The issue hasn't been money related, it's mostly zoning issues because they want a downtown waterfront stadium.

Yep.

I don’t even know where they would fit the stadium down town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2019 at 8:37 PM, DigInBoys said:

Toronto would be one of the 5-10 largest markets in the NFL, that's plenty reason for these owners because money is the main thing they care about. As stated by Pegula in the article about the league caring about revenue above all else.

Good, LA has 2 football teams they dont care about--move one of them there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Yep.

I don’t even know where they would fit the stadium down town.

They say the waterfront but unless you're gonna bulldoze the entire park and like, 3 blocks worth of residential areas around it then I have no idea how it will work honestly. It would take a tremendous amount of time, effort, and would displace so many people that I don't think they'd be able to handle the bad PR of doing it. The biggest issue was always that most of Buffalo's non-downtown is just generic suburbs and there's no room left to expand or build downtown.

Honestly they really should just build the new one in Orchard Park like, there's no room downtown other than blowing up half of it.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

They say the waterfront but unless you're gonna bulldoze the entire park and like, 3 blocks worth of residential areas around it then I have no idea how it will work honestly. It would take a tremendous amount of time, effort, and would displace so many people that I don't think they'd be able to handle the bad PR of doing it. The biggest issue was always that most of Buffalo's non-downtown is just generic suburbs and there's no room left to expand or build downtown.

Honestly they really should just build the new one in Orchard Park like, there's no room downtown other than blowing up half of it.

Right. I am in agreement that Orchard Park is the spot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Good, LA has 2 football teams they dont care about--move one of them there.

Both LA teams are worth more than the Browns, and that gap will only grow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

Both LA teams are worth more than the Browns, and that gap will only grow.

Thats hilarious considering the LA Chargers were dead last in the NFL in attendance of all NFL teams.

LAR- 579k

CLE- 526k

LAC- 262k

The Browns were only 50k in attendance behind the LAR (who went to the super bowl) despite the fact that the Los Angeles population is 4 million and Cleveland population is 385k. Cleveland has 9%!!!! the population of LA and only had 50k less people in attendance for the whole year. Their franchises might drive money from the 'buckshot' population approach---but that doesnt mean they deserve or have enough actual fans for 2 teams.

You put the Chargers in Toronto and I bet it would make much money than it would in LA.

 

Edited by AkronsWitness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Thats hilarious considering the LA Chargers were dead last in the NFL in attendance of all NFL teams.

LAR- 579k

CLE- 526k

LAC- 262k

The Browns were only 50k in attendance behind the LAR (who went to the super bowl) despite the fact that the Los Angeles population is 4 million and Cleveland population is 385k. Cleveland has 9%!!!! the population of LA and only had 50k less people in attendance for the whole year. Their franchises might drive money from the 'buckshot' population approach---but that doesnt mean they deserve or have enough actual fans for 2 teams.

You put the Chargers in Toronto and I bet it would make much money than it would in LA.

 

You have zero understanding of economics if you actually believe the bolded.

As far as your "numbers", look at the capacity of the temporary venue the Chargers play in.

You also don't compare city populations, you compare "market" populations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah as Bills hope they do not move indeed. Or it will be a sad day. There has bee talk of years and years over a new stadium. Action not just words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish the Chargers would move to San Diego/San Antonio/Toronto/Mexico City. But they're locked into being the little brother of the Rams at LASED. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×