53 Man Roster- Cuts

Dingo18287

Sanchez was an injury waive. Not really sure how that differs, but he had a solid preseason so I'd imagine they'll try to keep him around in some way.

So far we've cut/waived the following players:

CB Zack Sanchez (Injury)
TE Bryce Williams
CB Devonte Johnson
DT Gabriel Mass
DE Arthur Miley
C Brian Folkerts
DT Connor Wujciak
DE Efe Obada
LB Ben Boulware
LB Zeek Bigger
OT Blaine Clausell
G Chris Scott
P Andy Lee
WR Trevor Graham
S Dezmen Southward
FB Darrel Young
DE Brian Cox Jr
QB Joe Webb
QB Garrett Gilbert

To IR:

OT Dan France (concussion)
G David Yankey (back)
CB Teddy Williams (shoulder)
WR Fred Ross (ankle)
TE Scott Simonson (back)
WR Brenton Bersin (shoulder)
C Gino Gradkowski (back)

I think France and Ross (and maybe Yankey?) technically have to clear waivers before going to IR, not 100% sure.

Thinking Boulware and Southward will be prime candidates for the practice squad.

24 minutes ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

This just goes to show you how very few positions are truly available on an NFL roster. Cox played great in the preseason, but there just isn't a place for him in Carolina. Some one will scoop him up. I'd be shocked if he made it to our practice squad.

7 minutes ago, tbrown2699 said:

This just goes to show you how very few positions are truly available on an NFL roster. Cox played great in the preseason, but there just isn't a place for him in Carolina. Some one will scoop him up. I'd be shocked if he made it to our practice squad.

Yeah, if roster size was increased to 60, teams would have no trouble finding good players to keep around

We claimed S Demetrious Cox from the Bengals and QB Brad Kaaya from the Lions. Cox lost out to four veterans in Cincy but got some major playing time due to injuries in preseason and impressed in his time with the 1s I guess. I don't know anything about Kaaya except that Voth says Hurney wants to develop a guy into a long-term backup a la Derek Anderson. Didn't think Joe Webb was that guy. I get the reasoning behind that but Webb was so valuable on ST... oh well.

Corresponding moves: Corn Elder is IR'd and Alex Armah was waived. So two, maybe even three, of our draft picks don't make it to week one.

Our practice squad is as follows:
QB Garrett Gilbert
WR Keyarris Garrett
WR Mose Frazier
OL Blaine Clausell
DE Bryan Cox Jr
DE Zach Moore
DE Efe Obada (doesn't count against our numbers)
DT Eric Crume
S Dezmen Southward
S Damian Parms

Archived