Who Is The Better Player Right Now, Gobert or KAT?

the lone star

Who Is The Better Player Right Now, Gobert or KAT?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is The Better Player Right Now, Gobert or KAT?

• Rudy Gobert
    • Karl-Anthony Towns

KAT is so frustrating. He has had multiple stretches (not 3 game stretches, but months at a time) in his career where he was a top 5 player. If he was a more consistent defensive player then this would be easy.

I can tell you if I'm starting from scratch then I'm rolling the dice on KAT. If I already have a #1 scorer, then I'm taking Gobert.

25 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

KAT is so frustrating. He has had multiple stretches (not 3 game stretches, but months at a time) in his career where he was a top 5 player. If he was a more consistent defensive player then this would be easy.

I can tell you if I'm starting from scratch then I'm rolling the dice on KAT. If I already have a #1 scorer, then I'm taking Gobert.

Eh..I'm still taking KAT unequivocally over Gobert if I'm building a team in any way. Esp if I'm in the West. But Gobert is probably the more valuable player right now. Tough call on them...same tier at the moment 

Gobert. His defense is more impactful than Towns entire game. If Towns had any heart at all he'd be a top 10 player now and play consistent defense. For as much as Gobert goes ghost in the postseason at least he can get you there. Not as though Towns wasn't awful in the postseason the one time he was led there either. Towns is a transcendent talent who isn't living up to his potential. Starting a franchise you'd have to take him because he's young and could figure it out with better leadership. Better player now is Gobert.

Edited by Bullet Club

Gobert is the better player right now, if I'm building a team I am not starting with either one, and Gobert is the easier piece to fit on a well built team. However I am definitely taking KAT going forward. I think you can build a team around him, he has great offensive talent and I still absolutely believe in his potential on D. Gobert will be one of the best rim protectors in the game for years to come, but you can't build a team around him, not when his offense is so limited. 

8 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Gobert. His defense is more impactful than Towns entire game

The Jazz had a top 5 ranked defense with Gobert off the court. Of course that number is mostly against bench players but still.

People give Gobert too much credit. Their whole team is full of good defenders.

I personally think KAT is way better than Gobert. Like not even close.

Edited by 11sanchez11

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

The Jazz had a top 5 ranked defense with Gobert off the court. Of course that number is mostly against bench players but still.

People give Gobert too much credit. Their whole team is full of good defenders.

I personally think KAT is way better than Gobert. Like not even close.

Advanced metrics/impact stats disagree with you strongly. 

12 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Gobert had a -17 +/- in the playoffs this year.

Almost every center is getting played off the floor against the rockets or warriors. I believe KAT had a similarly rough time against them last year