Bold prediction: Chargers AFC Super Bowl LIV representative

Championshiporbust

How is this bold? The Chargers were one of the better teams in the AFC last year and most are predicting them to be just as good if not better this year. With the question marks KC has accumulated this offseason, no one can deny they have a good chance to win the division or even go further.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Championshiporbust said:

For the first time since 2015, the New England Patriots will not be in the Super Bowl. 

The Los Angeles Chargers, will win the AFC West, will be 13-3, and will go on to represent the AFC in Super Bowl LIV, defeating the Saints.

Time for a change. 

Username checks out.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

How is this bold? The Chargers were one of the better teams in the AFC last year and most are predicting them to be just as good if not better this year. With the question marks KC has accumulated this offseason, no one can deny they have a good chance to win the division or even go further.

Here we go again.

Have you checked the NFL odds? The Chiefs are rightly heavy favorites to win the AFC West and pretty much co favorite with the Pats to win the AFC. Anyone who thinks the Chargers are neck and neck with the Chiefs to win the West should put a huge bet on them. They're not.

Of course the Chargers have a pretty good team and do have a chance to win the West but winning the AFC certainly fits the bill of a bold prediction. I mean they are probably a top 5 team in the AFC but a few teams look equal or better right now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Here we go again.

Have you checked the NFL odds? The Chiefs are rightly heavy favorites to win the AFC West and pretty much co favorite with the Pats to win the AFC. Anyone who thinks the Chargers are neck and neck with the Chiefs to win the West should put a huge bet on them. They're not.

Of course the Chargers have a pretty good team and do have a chance to win the West but winning the AFC certainly fits the bill of a bold prediction. I mean they are probably a top 5 team in the AFC but a few teams look equal or better right now.

While it's true KC is still favored to win the AFC West, the Chargers are currently ranked 5th in Vegas in liklihood to win the AFC Championship game:

New England Patriots 7/2
Kansas City Chiefs 9/2
Cleveland Browns 13/2
Indianapolis Colts 15/2
Los Angeles Chargers 17/2

A top 5 team in the conference making the Super Bowl is not what I'd call bold, though. Perhaps your definition of bold is different than mine.

Btw, I'm not predicting the Chargers to win the division, but I think they have a decent shot. The Chiefs still probably have the edge over them. I personally think the Chiefs' odds are inflated right now, but that's my opinion.

8 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

A top 5 team in the conference making the Super Bowl is not what I'd call bold, though.

Exactly.

If the Browns gel quickly, they'll be in the title game. They have the most pure talent in the AFC. Until they show that this isn't all hype though, New England is headed to another Super Bowl.