Bold prediction: Chargers AFC Super Bowl LIV representative

Championshiporbust

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m never picking them again.

Love him or hate him, BB is the man lol. It's ball-sweat humid June days like today that makes one fond for 26-degree playoff pigskin weather. 

"Bill Belichick didn't hesitate to remind the Chargers they are a long way from Los Angeles on Sunday as they Patriots installed a temperature gauge outside the visitors' locker room at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass."

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I dont think you understand how odds are made either.

Here's how it works in Vegas:  The end goal is to even out money so that losers pay the winners and the book makes the vig ( the fee for placing bets)  they do this by adjusting spreads, or payouts in order to balance the money out.  Vegas is not telling you they think will win, or how much somebody will win by.  They are telling you how the money is being bet.  In this case, the most money is being bet on the Pats, then the Chiefs, and so on.  Now here's the thing, at this point it's all early money.  These are sucker bets right now.  These odds are all about the amount of fans who put their money on their team.  When TC rolls along, then the wise guys will start putting there money out there.  Then we will get a better idea where the smart money is, but ultimately odds right now dont matter.  The Bears were 90-1 to win the SuperBowl at this point last year.  Obviously they didnt win, but there were guys holding that ticket in January who could have made a killing.  In 1999 the Rams won after being given 225-1 odds after the Trent Green injury.  Odds are all well and good, but they mean absolutely nothing on the football field.

I don't feel starting a sports bet discussion but there is plenty to read on the internet. 

Your description is certainly not exact.

There is indeed adjustments made on the money being bet but there is a calculation/evaluation made to begin with (as to which team will win). I mean, how could people even bet if there is not a line to begin with. And the ensuing bets just by themselves won't drastically alter  the line.

Melvin Gordon: Chargers Are The Team To Beat

JUN 7, 2019 8:16 AM

logo_losangeleschargers.jpg

The Kansas City Chiefs have won three straight AFC West titles, but Melvin Gordon sees the Los Angeles Chargers as the team to beat.

"We're the team to beat," Gordon said. "We're just special, and I definitely feel we have the best team in the NFL. You just have to walk around with that confidence."

The Chargers had the same record as the Chiefs last season, but ended up as a Wild Card team because of tiebreakers.

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/42463/Melvin-Gordon-Chargers-Are-The-Team-To-Beat

11 minutes ago, SBLIII said:
Melvin Gordon: Chargers Are The Team To Beat

JUN 7, 2019 8:16 AM

logo_losangeleschargers.jpg

The Kansas City Chiefs have won three straight AFC West titles, but Melvin Gordon sees the Los Angeles Chargers as the team to beat.

"We're the team to beat," Gordon said. "We're just special, and I definitely feel we have the best team in the NFL. You just have to walk around with that confidence."

The Chargers had the same record as the Chiefs last season, but ended up as a Wild Card team because of tiebreakers.

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/42463/Melvin-Gordon-Chargers-Are-The-Team-To-Beat

He is definitely right... 

Just for once I wish we weren't pre-season darlings and paper champions in the off-season. This team badly needs to stop reading their press clippings and get on the grind like other great teams. Fortunately for us Anthony Lynn and Tom Telesco has brought in the that culture of accountability that wasn't ever present with previous coaches/regimes and I think with time we will break the Super Bowl curse. 

On 6/6/2019 at 9:30 AM, game3525 said:

Yup.

There is this weird myth that the Chargers are some massive underachievers. They have exceeded their over/under projections that last two years.  In 2017, the over/under was 7.5, they ended up winning 9 games. in 2018, the over/under was 9.5, they ended up winning 12 games. 

It's because of the Norv years where we were a pre-season favorite for all of his tenure except the last 2 seasons. It's held over because we still have Rivers and now recognizable young stars in Allen, Gordon, Bosa, Ingram etc. 

13 hours ago, Classic said:

It's because of the Norv years where we were a pre-season favorite for all of his tenure except the last 2 seasons. It's held over because we still have Rivers and now recognizable young stars in Allen, Gordon, Bosa, Ingram etc. 

Yeah, I know. The narrative is still tiresome. 

Just for once I wish we weren't pre-season darlings and paper champions in the off-season. This team badly needs to stop reading their press clippings and get on the grind like other great teams. Fortunately for us Anthony Lynn and Tom Telesco has brought in the that culture of accountability that wasn't ever present with previous coaches/regimes and I think with time we will break the Super Bowl curse

Yeah, I think they will be fine. The Pats game was a humbling defeat. Sometimes it is better to lose in a blowout fashion then to lose closely because you can end up not evaluating your team correctly. 

Rivers the other day was talking about how they could have gone 16-0, but easily could have gone 6-10. Granted, that is a bit of an exaggeration, but it seems that they understand how quickly things can flip in this league. 

Edited by game3525

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 4:12 PM, FinSting said:

Love him or hate him, BB is the man lol. It's ball-sweat humid June days like today that makes one fond for 26-degree playoff pigskin weather. 

"Bill Belichick didn't hesitate to remind the Chargers they are a long way from Los Angeles on Sunday as they Patriots installed a temperature gauge outside the visitors' locker room at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass."

New England is a 5-11 roster propped up by coach and QB.

A league average coach and New England loses to the Chargers.

patriots basically act like they can outcoach everyone regardless of talent.

new England is a crappy roster propped up by Belichick

when he retires, payback will be a you know what.

On 6/5/2019 at 10:42 AM, Bearerofnews said:

No, but they have a great one. HOF Rivers. Who has a better passer rating in the playoffs than more then 2 handful of SB qbs.

Not sure Rivers will be a HOF QB first of all.  Second of all, Rivers has been there and failed before.  Unless they continue to get a lot of help from the Officials, I'm not sure it'll happen this time either.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Not sure Rivers will be a HOF QB first of all.  Second of all, Rivers has been there and failed before.  Unless they continue to get a lot of help from the Officials, I'm not sure it'll happen this time either.

Get over the Steelers game.

You guys lost to the damn Raiders, you have no one to blame but yourselves from missing the playoffs.

Edited by game3525

32 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Get over the Steelers games.

You guys lost to the damn Raiders, you have know one to blame but yourselves from missing the playoffs.

First of all you're absolutely right we didn't miss the playoffs because of the Chargers game that was more of a snide comment. But honestly I definitely see the charges as a playoff team but until the regular season really starts in Ric some of these AFC teams perform including the Steelers mind you I'm not sure who I think is going to take the crown it's not impossible that the charges do I'm just not convinced they're ever going to be that team

14 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Rivers is no question a HOFer. It's silly to think otherwise. I seriously cant recall refs ever helping Chargers in a game.

If anything Refs always screw Chargers but i never cry about refs. Good teams overcome it.

Chargers look like the best bet in 2019 for the entire NFL. That roster is insane.

5 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Rivers is no question a HOFer. It's silly to think otherwise. I seriously cant recall refs ever helping Chargers in a game.

If anything Refs always screw Chargers but i never cry about refs. Good teams overcome it.

Chargers look like the best bet in 2019 for the entire NFL. That roster is insane.

You didnt watch many 2019 Chargers games I take it. Especially not their game against the Steelers where they were gifted 21 points.

On paper everyone looks the best at some point. As for Rivers, thats arguable. Im not saying he wont get in, but i dont think he is a lock either.

Edited by wwhickok