Oren Burks

Golfman

3 hours ago, Chili said:

I'd be surprised as Jones plays in the very same position Burks plays. Why weaken that position further?

If there was anyone who could be trade bait...maybe Moore,  Maybe Taylor,  Jammal Williams, dare I say it....Kumerow? xD

I was reading the tea leaves from the post that suggested the Packers were keeping Jones out of practice as opposed to him actually being injured. 

I rewound that play a number of times. I was worried that Burks had a neck injury since he got hung up between two players and got twisted crazily. I thought I saw his head snap back. I honestly was very surprised that he got up and walked off.

To me, a torn pectoral muscle was a surprising diagnosis, and I am allowed to be surprised since, as a football genius, I play doctor now more than I did back in kindergarten with the Campbell sisters.

Perhaps we’ve been over this, but am I correct in recalling that he has to be placed on the 53 before moving him to IR with the possibility of return?

3 hours ago, jleisher said:

What about bringing Morrison back?  Nate Palmer is another thought.

I was actually a fan of Morrison's last year. He played with some real grit. I'm assuming we will be looking for an all around ILB if we sign one, Morrison is more of a thumper. Idk, I still wouldn't be opposed! 

At least there are 3 full weeks of TC to go.  Time to get a further look at summers and bolton.

Front office should be looking at other rosters for trade targets.  

Taylor, McCray,  Panky could be options from OL to move for an ILB.

Davis or EQ from the WR position.

18 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Is this the part of the show where we get really upset about our GM sitting on his hands while an UDFA gets penciled in to start?

still waiting for someone to create an image of ted thompson sitting on gutenkunst's hands

(for two reasons - one of which is not appropriate for this board)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FAH1223 said:

We need a ILB. Gutekunst though probably pulls a TT and goes with the bunch of nobody kids on the roster, smh.

ILB is the most neglected position on the defense. No first round pick spent there. No good FA signing. 

ILB isn't neglected. The Packers have regularly spent at ILB from 2015 to 2018. They got Jake Ryan with a 4th in 2015, the following year they got Blake Martinez with a 4th. The year after that (2017)  they got a hybrid S/ILB in Jones with a 2nd. In 2018 they got Oren Burks with a 3rd. That does not add up to a neglected position. The loss of Jake Ryan has left the Packers thin here, but ILB has been addressed multiple times in the draft.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

ILB isn't neglected. The Packers have regularly spent at ILB from 2015 to 2018. They got Jake Ryan with a 4th in 2015, the following year they got Blake Martinez with a 4th. The year after that (2017)  they got a hybrid S/ILB in Jones with a 2nd. In 2018 they got Oren Burks with a 3rd. That does not add up to a neglected position. The loss of Jake Ryan has left the Packers thin here, but ILB has been addressed multiple times in the draft.

It is a thin position non the less and we need to address. Is this going to be Jones opportunity to finally break out, get on the field and do something? If not, then who steps in? 

I honestly still think Kyler Fackrell is the best available option. Leaves us a bit short at EDGE, but he could still rush in dime situations and put Jones inside. 

• Like 1