Trent Williams Wants to be Traded or Released

HTTRDynasty

I'll be really interested in the acquisition cost. Great tackle, hasn't played all 16 games in a season since 2013 (though he played 15 in 2014, which was the last time he hasn't missed at least 2 games). Now also 30 years old, but at the same time, some tackles age particularly well (Whitworth and Staley being current examples).  2 years left on his deal at a very reasonable figure at this point

2 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Note: it's from JLC, so we can only assume there's at least a 50% chance it's BS, but he's also pretty dialed in to what goes on at Redskins park, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

I'm starting to think JLC and Ace are one in the same. Watch this be the one time he's correct too. I'm all for getting a Top 3 LT off a NFCE opponents team. Make it happen. 

2 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Nah, an edge rusher with injury concerns is the last thing we need.

I would love if we could trade Trent for Stefon Diggs straight up, but I'm sure the Vikings wouldn't do it.

Disregarding our cap situation, I’d do it in a heartbeat. Diggs is a fantastic receiver and is younger and healthy... but a top tackle will always mean so much more than nearly any receiver.

1 minute ago, Duluther said:

Disregarding our cap situation, I’d do it in a heartbeat. Diggs is a fantastic receiver and is younger and healthy... but a top tackle will always mean so much more than nearly any receiver.

Deal.  Where do I sign?

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I think you vastly underestimate how good Duane Brown was during the Matt Schaub years. He went two seasons without giving up a sack or holding penalty in his prime, IIRC. He was 2nd team All Pro last year, 2nd team All Pro in 2011 and 1st team All Pro in 2012.

Williams might be better (and I doubt it's universally acknowledged, given that both have the same number of All Pro nods) but it's not some massive gap. 

Williams is a lot better run blocker than Duane Brown.  Williams is probably one of the best run blocking LTs in the league.  

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Williams is a lot better run blocker than Duane Brown.  Williams is probably one of the best run blocking LTs in the league.  

The Seahawks were the #1 rushing team in the NFL last season at an above average 4.8 yards per carry. 

I'd say their best OL is a big part of that.

@HTTRG3Dynasty, @MKnight82 - not trying to turn this into Williams v Brown, so will get to brass tacks here: Both Brown and Williams are elite Ts with health concerns and with perceived beef with management. That's why this is a comparable discussion, and could be a baseline for what Washington would get in compensation.

I would be very curious what a franchise LT on the wrong side of 30 would fetch in draft picks.

He's been suspended for smoking weed, has been unable to play a 16 game season due to injuries for some time & now the world knows he's had a tumor.

Yet, he's been to 7 straight pro bowls & is arguably, the best LT in football.

What would a team give up for that?

Personally, if the Texans or Browns offered their 1st round pick?

I would jump on it!

But I would claim LT Desmond Harrison off waivers, first. 😁

Sorry, Flowers would never play tackle for me. 

Draft LT with 1st Rd pick in 2020.

They're supposed to be some good ones, in this next draft.

I definitely don't see the Browns trading for him, let alone for a first. They just hired one of the best OL coaches in the league, so I'd like to see what he can do with the guys we have now. Plus, while we still have cap space, we're going to start needing it to extend our own guys rather than signing and trading for players on big contracts.