Trent Williams to report to Redskins?

Art_Vandalay

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That's a fair asking price for somebody who hasn't played a full season since 2013 and is reportedly beefing with management... as stated in the Gen thread, it's what Seattle paid Houston for Duane Brown.

And who knows... you could parlay those picks into a potential starting OL plus a high upside CB (like the Texans did with Martinas Rankin and Lonnie Johnson Jr...)

I think that there is a small possibility that they can eke out a first, but I agree that otherwise it's a fair asking price, though I'd probably swap the sequencing (second this year, third the following year). 

Just now, Forge said:

I think that there is a small possibility that they can eke out a first, but I agree that otherwise it's a fair asking price, though I'd probably swap the sequencing (second this year, third the following year). 

Given the timing of the request/speculated request, I'd argue it's a very small possibility - teams in need of a LT addressed it in the draft (Tytus Howard to Houston, Jonah Williams to Cincinnati, Greg Little to Carolina, etc). Right, wrong or indifferent, those are the options for their teams - and they won't buy unless they're getting Williams at a perceived discount.

Brown was an in-season trade, right before the trade deadline - so that increases value, if anything. The Seahawks had an immediate need, and didn't have any reasonable options outside of Brown (who they actually saw first hand in the Seattle/Houston game the week before the trade). 

I'm not one to say exactly what the terms would be, but I'd be shocked if it's something much higher, like multiple firsts. Doesn't mean it CAN'T be, just that it would surprise me. 

As far as places still out there - Arizona makes sense, I guess? Maybe Minnesota? Maybe Cleveland can push "All In" on their overhaul?

Dimes to dollars, nothing will happen - but it's an interesting scenario, that's for sure.

I'm envisioning @ET80 writing down frantically a list of trade assets to offer, probably on the back of a barbecue stained napkin, with a sense of self satisfaction on his face. Inevitably, another team will offer LESS than what the OL craving Texans will, ET will explode, and as punishment, get put into NFL Gen as the head moderator. Am I close @LETSGOBROWNIES or @ramssuperbowl99?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm envisioning @ET80 writing down frantically a list of trade assets to offer, probably on the back of a barbecue stained napkin, with a sense of self satisfaction on his face. Inevitably, another team will offer LESS than what the OL craving Texans will, ET will explode, and as punishment, get put into NFL Gen as the head moderator. Am I close @LETSGOBROWNIES or @ramssuperbowl99?

Here's the list:

- Jadevion Clowney

- @Tyty

If they ain't biting on that bait, I'm rolling with Tytus (not Tyty).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Right now he's going full CWood, arguing that there is no market and his team doesn't need the player he's desperately trying to trade for. 

It's a dangerous game of mental gymnastics, and with @ET80's knees being in as bad of shape as they are it could realistically kill him. After death, he'd end up in hell, which is, of course, having to moderate NFL Gen.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

That's a fair asking price for somebody who hasn't played a full season since 2013 and is reportedly beefing with management... as stated in the Gen thread, it's what Seattle paid Houston for Duane Brown.

And who knows... you could parlay those picks into a potential starting OL plus a high upside CB (like the Texans did with Martinas Rankin and Lonnie Johnson Jr...)

NEXT!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think you could accomplish this without actually trading him to the Redskins. Just start a trail of candy that leads to Washington.

I get Corp pricing from FedEx, so was going to two day airmail him...

• Like 1

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I've got a rubber band and a 2x4. Think if we rig a catapult together we could 1 hop him?

It won't add volume to my corporate rebate, but this sounds like a worthy endeavor - applications of this technology could be used in other avenues. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Just hope he doesn't hold out like Brown did. That added a whole 12 posts in the Texans forum (which is like 6,000 posts in the Washington forum...)

*silver lining time* Well ... at least then we maybe overtake Philadelphia and NFL News ... yay?