Trent Williams to report to Redskins?

Art_Vandalay

I'm only like 33% serious right now, but Trent Williams should say he thinks the nickname 'Redskins' is offensive and that he's embarrassed to play for the team as a result. That way he makes Dan Snyder infuriated and he'd be willing to trade him for anything.

Explain to me how that could backfire. I'm pretty sure it's the perfect plan.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm only like 33% serious right now, but Trent Williams should say he thinks the nickname 'Redskins' is offensive and that he's embarrassed to play for the team as a result. That way he makes Dan Snyder infuriated and he'd be willing to trade him for anything.

If he's serious about wanting to leave and this isn't just a powerplay for more money, then yeah ... that would be a pretty strong move.

He can demand a trade if he wants but I seriously doubt they grant his wish.  They have no one on the roster to replace him and what point is cap space now considering free agency is over?  If I'm the Redskins I tell him he can sit out if he wants but he's getting fined for missing practices and they'll withhold any game checks he misses.  

16 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

9 years of not caring about the name.  

10th year: I can’t take it anymore!!!

• Like 2

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Just a variant of a power play to force what he wants to happen happens (i.e. Trent be trollin')

6 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

This has nothing to do with sincerely trying to get the name changed. This is 100% playing a get out of jail free card.

I'm not going to lie, the more I think about it the more I think it's brilliant.

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This has nothing to do with sincerely trying to get the name changed. This is 100% playing a get out of jail free card.

I'm not going to lie, the more I think about it the more I think it's brilliant.

I’m saying, it has no plausiblilty. Snyder won’t buy it and neither will the mass public. So how would it move the needle whatsoever?

7 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Just don’t see it working because you’d have to have an IQ of an ant to buy it.

It's just a way to make things even less friendly/likely to keeping him. Make the situation toxic to force the team to move.

Again, it is predicated on JLC having an accurate statement that he's never playing for Washington again.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I think JLC and Ace, are one in the same. 🍺

Again, Ace was (nearly) correct about Cousins' passing yards. JLC ... has he gotten anything right when he broke the story?

4 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I’m saying, it has no plausiblilty. Snyder won’t buy it and neither will the mass public. So how would it move the needle whatsoever?

You've gotta get aggressive about it. Have a dog walk up to JLC and bark in morse code that Williams is tremendously disappointed in Dan Snyder's personal handling on it, and wonders if he is prejudiced. JLC immediately tweets it. Let that stew a few days, and maybe throw a picture or two of him going to a Native American reservation and reading a book to kids on Instagram to keep the pot stirring with some not very vague but passive aggressive hashtag (#finallyunderstand). Then like a week later you leak the r-word to keep tensions escalating. Drop a Donald Sterling comparison the next week.

Eventually, and by eventually I mean 3 days in, Dan Snyder is going to go insane and just cut him.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Oh, if there's any truth to this... Oh please, please. I don't ask for much. Just... Just please. You broke my heart with Andre Dillard, but I've been a good sport with Tytus Howard. 

C'mon man. I need this. I'll be good, promise.

he will be a jags before a texan.  he doesnt wanna face that jags passrush in games ;)