Trent Williams to report to Redskins?

Art_Vandalay

Just now, Woz said:

*silver lining time* Well ... at least then we maybe overtake Philadelphia and NFL News ... yay?

I like the cut of your gib, man. Wanna join me in Gen? It's an optimistic attitude like this that's sorely needed in there...

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I like the cut of your gib, man. Wanna join me in Gen? It's an optimistic attitude like this that's sorely needed in there...

I have a generally positive attitude.

I am positive that I would be insane to accept that.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Given the timing of the request/speculated request, I'd argue it's a very small possibility - teams in need of a LT addressed it in the draft (Tytus Howard to Houston, Jonah Williams to Cincinnati, Greg Little to Carolina, etc). Right, wrong or indifferent, those are the options for their teams - and they won't buy unless they're getting Williams at a perceived discount.

Brown was an in-season trade, right before the trade deadline - so that increases value, if anything. The Seahawks had an immediate need, and didn't have any reasonable options outside of Brown (who they actually saw first hand in the Seattle/Houston game the week before the trade). 

I'm not one to say exactly what the terms would be, but I'd be shocked if it's something much higher, like multiple firsts. Doesn't mean it CAN'T be, just that it would surprise me. 

As far as places still out there - Arizona makes sense, I guess? Maybe Minnesota? Maybe Cleveland can push "All In" on their overhaul?

Dimes to dollars, nothing will happen - but it's an interesting scenario, that's for sure.

The thing is, that I think that there are teams that could certainly offer up something more appealing than the Texans if it's a second / third in separate years. Doesn't necessarily need to be a first, but it could force the Texans into offering a first (especially if they think it's #25 or later). Like, if I were the Bills, I would think that my second + third is more appealing than the Texans' second and third, for instance. Same for the Cardinals. So it really depends on who is, or would be, interested in acquiring (neither of those teams may be interested, obviously). If the Texans were the only team that were making a hard push for him, it could easily be compensation in line with that. I think a late first is unlikely, but I wouldn't count it completely out, so I'd consider it at the very top of the return range. 

Just now, Jeezla said:

Without Trent Williams, are the Redskins a shoe-in to draft top 5? 

Snap answer: I don't like you either.

Honest answer: Shoe-in? Not sure. Definite possibility though.

Just now, Jeezla said:

Will you be happy if Ty Nsekhe makes the pro bowl?

Honestly? Yes. Guy took the hard road to get to the NFL, and it would be a feel good story for him to make the Pro Bowl.

Would I rather he were on Washington's roster? Given where they find themselves right now, absolutely.

Again, it depends on the timeline. If they knew Williams was upset before free agency began and let Nsekhe walk, they're morons (something that cannot be discounted out of hand). However, if they only found out in April (or later), then letting him go made sense (re-signing a 33 year old swing tackle because there was a possibility of problems in the future?). It sucks, especially since they apparently thought Ereck frickin' Flowers should be given any money, but I can understand letting Ty walk.