Trent Williams to report to Redskins?

Art_Vandalay

18 hours ago, ET80 said:

I wouldn't be surprised, actually. I wouldn't be surprised if Houston does make a big push to acquire Williams.

I'm also changing my tune on trading a 1st for Williams; He's an elite player at a premium position, so spending a bit more than "market value" as dictated by the last time an elite LT was traded is worth - especially if you are in dire need to improve that spot, as Houston is.

An OL of Williams, Tytus Howard, Nick Martin, Zach Fulton and Max Scharping would be a drastic change for the better - that line could protect Deshaun Watson for years at a high level.

I also found out that Williams lives in Houston during the off-season - one of my buddies from college lives four houses down from him (this guy is STUPID rich...)

The Redskins are not going to trade Trent Williams.  Bruce Allen is a petty little man.  He does not care if Trent Williams wants out of Washington.  He will not let a player dictate to him what to do.  Allen and Gruden's jobs are also both on the line this year, so it doesn't make sense for them to trade arguably their best player for a future draft pick.  Dan Snyder also won't want to dump Trent Williams for marketing purposes.  A Trent Williams trade just isn't going to happen.  

37 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The Redskins are not going to trade Trent Williams. 

If Williams is on the roster week 1, his full year salary of $ 11 million is then guaranteed
Williams vows not to play for Wash, so Wash would have to pay him to sit on the sidelines.

https://overthecap.com/player/trent-williams/1466/

Should be an interesting battle of wits, or twits depending on your POV

6 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

If Williams is on the roster week 1, his full year salary of $ 11 million is then guaranteed
Williams vows not to play for Wash, so Wash would have to pay him to sit on the sidelines.

https://overthecap.com/player/trent-williams/1466/

Should be an interesting battle of wits, or twits depending on your POV

Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen do not act rationally.  They will not trade Trent Williams if he holds out.  They are petty and small.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

The Redskins are not going to trade Trent Williams.  Bruce Allen is a petty little man.  He does not care if Trent Williams wants out of Washington.  He will not let a player dictate to him what to do.  Allen and Gruden's jobs are also both on the line this year, so it doesn't make sense for them to trade arguably their best player for a future draft pick.  Dan Snyder also won't want to dump Trent Williams for marketing purposes.  A Trent Williams trade just isn't going to happen.  

While I don't disagree, it would behoove [insert GM name here] to at least make the call. 

I would like my Browns to get him put we just paid 10 mill for Greg for one year. 

Idk if you can have a 10 million dollar backup. Unless we switched him to RT and moved Hubbard inside to guard. 

But then your wasting Corbett again. 

Unless we groom him to be our full time center. 

Idk I just find it hard to see it happening 

12 hours ago, brownie man said:

I would like my Browns to get him put we just paid 10 mill for Greg for one year. 

Idk if you can have a 10 million dollar backup. Unless we switched him to RT and moved Hubbard inside to guard. 

But then your wasting Corbett again. 

Unless we groom him to be our full time center. 

Idk I just find it hard to see it happening 

Trade Greg and a 3rd for williams

• 1 month later...

Report: Trent Williams’ relationship with team “totally fractured”

There’s no indication from his direction that will be happening soon, if at all.

According to Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com, the relationship between Williams and the team is “totally fractured,” and that Williams doesn’t intent to play for them again.

Williams is reportedly displeased with the way the team handled his medical situation this offseason. He had a benign growth/tumor removed from his scalp, and their handling of it has apparently destroyed his trust.

Of course, the team could obviously use one of the best left tackles in the game, and his teammates haven’t forgetten him.

Via J.P. Finlay of NBCSportsWashington.com, right tackle Morgan Moses showed up to do interviews today wearing Williams’ jersey, a clear sign of support.

On 6/9/2019 at 6:27 PM, ET80 said:

I wouldn't be surprised, actually. I wouldn't be surprised if Houston does make a big push to acquire Williams.

I'm also changing my tune on trading a 1st for Williams; He's an elite player at a premium position, so spending a bit more than "market value" as dictated by the last time an elite LT was traded is worth - especially if you are in dire need to improve that spot, as Houston is.

An OL of Williams, Tytus Howard, Nick Martin, Zach Fulton and Max Scharping would be a drastic change for the better - that line could protect Deshaun Watson for years at a high level.

I also found out that Williams lives in Houston during the off-season - one of my buddies from college lives four houses down from him (this guy is STUPID rich...)

In my opinion, given how Williams has backed this team into a corner and his age and injury history, a fourth and a sixth is likely the asking price.  Elite LT's are rarely traded, but I call Antonio Brown as a comparable- another top player at a heavily valued position, who is also near 30 and who backed his team into a corner with trade leverage.  So if Brown gets the Steelers a third and a fifth in that situation, Williams is getting the Redskins a fourth and a sixth, MAYBE getting a conditional third out of it.

On 6/10/2019 at 1:57 PM, MKnight82 said:

Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen do not act rationally.  They will not trade Trent Williams if he holds out.  They are petty and small.  

Exactly this. 

And in this situation, Bruce Allen and the medical/S&C team versus Trent Williams, we all know who is going to win, and we know that the fans are going to lose.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

In my opinion, given how Williams has backed this team into a corner and his age and injury history, a fourth and a sixth is likely the asking price.  Elite LT's are rarely traded, but I call Antonio Brown as a comparable- another top player at a heavily valued position, who is also near 30 and who backed his team into a corner with trade leverage.  So if Brown gets the Steelers a third and a fifth in that situation, Williams is getting the Redskins a fourth and a sixth, MAYBE getting a conditional third out of it.

This is literally the exact same situation the Texans found themselves in with T Duane Brown - the Texans got a 3rd and future 2nd out of it, and I personally would love to give that up for Williams.

It would be REALLY nice to have a GM to make this call...

17 hours ago, Classic said:

Report: Trent Williams’ relationship with team “totally fractured”

Williams is reportedly displeased with the way the team handled his medical situation this offseason. He had a benign growth/tumor removed from his scalp, and their handling of it has apparently destroyed his trust.

This may be the most ironic thing that has ever happened. I love it so much.

• Like 3