Trent Williams to report to Redskins?

Art_Vandalay

4 hours ago, drew39k said:

Yeah, Wynn is coming back soon, but Wynn is also a big unknown. He had questionable size coming out of the draft, many expected him to transition to guard. He was injured all of last year and this year so far too, so there are durability concerns too.  Gambling that he will come back fully healthy and can play the position well enough to protect your 42 year old QB is risky. 

he played the position very well when He looked real solid out there before he got hurt He stoned the steelers and Dolphind

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Season ticket holders already paid so they’ll be wasting money. Yea parking and concessions will take a hit 

Yeah I know.  But no show optics are the only message they can send publicly.    It’s not even Snyder they need to reach it’s the other owners.   Next year they need to boycott with their pocketbooks but this is their only recourse.  

TBH they would be better off spending the 4+ hours doing something else.   This is the tack DEN fans took the last 3 games and it sealed that coaching staff’s fate.   Too bad Snyder doesn’t care at all.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

WAS season ticket holders need to boycott the rest of the season starting tomorrow.   Stadium half full of visiting team supporters.  

SMH. 

It’s hilarious.

He’s going to be 32 next year and not have played a year. Does Bruce really think his value won’t plummet?

• Like 1

If the Redskins are going to trade Williams eventually, they should do it now while his value is higher. I don't see what there is to gain by waiting until after the season, when teams aren't more willing to trade for a player that could help save their season. The Browns have a BYE week coming up, they'd probably want to get him onto the team. 

• Like 1

Just now, PapaShogun said:

If the Redskins are going to trade Williams eventually, they should do it now while his value is higher. I don't see what there is to gain by waiting until after the season, when teams aren't more willing to trade for a player that could help save their season. The Browns have a BYE week coming up, they'd probably want to get him onto the team. 

Our bye week was this week.

It’s why a deal won’t happen now. Washington screwed us and I doubt Dorsey will ever want to deal with Bruce again.

Just now, candyman93 said:

Our bye week was this week.

It’s why a deal won’t happen now. Washington screwed us and I doubt Dorsey will ever want to deal with Bruce again.

Yeah, that's what I meant. This week, as in the weekend of games that is about to start happening. I guess it already started since TNF was already broadcast. 

31 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s hilarious.

He’s going to be 32 next year and not have played a year. Does Bruce really think his value won’t plummet?

27 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Right now there are 2-3 teams that need a T upgrade to contend.  And 1 team that has one that is known to play at a high level.  And very few alternatives who can play even at a replacement level.   Teams just don’t want to deal from depth in season.  

In the offseason, there’s an elite T draft class coming and more teams willing to deal T if they can find cheaper replacement level FA’s.  

Add in Williams’ age and injury risk it’s a huge no brainer to deal him now.   Dorsey would probably offer a 1st.   If they wait to the offseason I’d be floored if anyone offered a 1st.  It might even be as low as a 3rd given the above.   

All because Snyder is a spiteful POS and Allen a yes-man.   SMH.  The WAS fans don’t deserve this.  No fanbase does.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah I know.  But no show optics are the only message they can send publicly.    It’s not even Snyder they need to reach it’s the other owners.   Next year they need to boycott with their pocketbooks but this is their only recourse.  

TBH they would be better off spending the 4+ hours doing something else.   This is the tack DEN fans took the last 3 games and it sealed that coaching staff’s fate.   Too bad Snyder doesn’t care at all.  

I’m sure they have better things to do but i cant help but feel like if they spent the money they’d go. If the fans want to make a statement that doesn’t hurt their own bottom line they just shouldn’t renew season tickets...but when the team drafts an elite level prospect and spends in free agency the fans will see hope and come back

It's really sad, that us Skins fans have to endure the ineptitude of Bruce Allen/Dan Snyder.

If the handling of the Kirk Cousins situation wasn't an indicator of how stupid Bruce Allen is, this Trent Williams situation sure takes the cake.

Dorsey has called every day for like 6 weeks, hounding Bruce Allen about Trent Williams. Only to be told that we're not trading Trent. Call back next year & we might do it.

Trent is 31, never is coming back & still has 2 years left on his contract.

You have a GM in Dorsey salivating at the thought of aquiring Trent for the Browns.

Let's not forget either...

The Browns are 2-4. They could easily finish the season under .500 possibly netting the Skins a top 10 draft pick in either the 1st or 2nd Rd.

The Skins traded away their 2nd rounder in last years draft, to trade up for Montez Sweat. So they could possibly aquire a 2nd rounder back, or better by getting an additional 1st rounder.

If you wait till next off season to trade Trent?

Well, he's 32 years old. Hasn't played football in a year.

The NFL draft looms, so teams start scouting the OT's in the draft. Rumor is, there's some good ones coming out, btw.

Not to mention FA OT's who might be cut for salary cap purposes.

OT's who could be retained costing zero draft choices, who would make good stopgaps at LT. 

It really makes zero sense to not trade Trent now & waiting till possibly next off season, if that person has a brain.

Unless 1 of 2 things....

1)You actually think Trent is coming back & calling Trent's bluff. Which is ridiculously risky & stupid. 

Or

2)Your a vindictive pos, having a pissing contest because a player wants to leave to a different organization. Which is both stupid & unprofessional.

Either way, the fans lose & the team loses.

I don't think Bruce will change his mind. He's probably as errogant, self-centered & dillusional as a man can be. Not good when he's your GM.

Our only hope, is if Dan Snyder wakes up one day on his 200 ft yaht & realizes, that we probably should trade Trent before the trade deadline. 

Or maybe when he guzzles his favorite drink, which is Crown Royal? He calls Dorsey in a stuper drunk state & offers Trent Williams to the Browns for a condition 7th Rd draft choice in 2024.

Either way, we could at least get this distraction away from the team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

WAS season ticket holders need to boycott the rest of the season starting tomorrow.   Stadium half full of visiting team supporters.  

SMH. 

Well, tbf, this still doesn’t tell us what the Browns have been offering. If they’re constantly calling and offering a 4th plus vets we don’t want, I don’t blame Bruce the Clown for not taking it.  

Washington fans can only hope Bruce is waiting until the deadline to see if Dorsey blinks and gives up a 1st. If not, he better get at least a 2nd. 

I could understand if the offer is a 3rd or worse in Dorsey wanting Trent.

That could be had in a compensatory draft choice, by letting Trent walk via FA.

But if Dorsey is calling & offering a 2020 1st, a 2020 6th, 2021 3rd & 2021 4th, TE Njoku?

For Trent Williams & a conditional 5th in 2021 or something bonkers like that.

I will want to step out in traffic.

From @gmfb: The #Redskins aren‘t trading Trent Williams this year, despite #Browns GM John Dorsey’s repeated attempts, but there are indications it could happen after the season.

This is Dorsey and Snyder being petty and stubborn. Wanting to make sure they stick it to Trent Williams if he has the stones to sit out a $17M contract! That's all!!!!

I really hope Trent took notes and was paying attention to Jalen Ramsey the last month and decides to join the Team. Get padded up, walk onto the field, take one 1/2 @$$ rep and complain about your Groin, Your back Bruce Allen's Labia dont care?

Then go the medical route excuse with every other back, hammy, knee, ankle they have to disprove. Collect a few Million, stick it back!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I’m sure they have better things to do but i cant help but feel like if they spent the money they’d go. If the fans want to make a statement that doesn’t hurt their own bottom line they just shouldn’t renew season tickets...but when the team drafts an elite level prospect and spends in free agency the fans will see hope and come back

Just saying - DEN had 10-15k no shows the last 3 home games in 2018 and everyone took notice.     Zero coincidence we got 2 prime time games and both early.   Besides bad play empty stadiums are what the NFL doesn’t want aired nationally.  

I know Snyder personally doesn’t care but the national media / league PR would.   That’s about the only recourse the fans who’ve paid have.  

Edited by Broncofan