Trent Williams to report to Redskins?

Art_Vandalay

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The Redskins drafted Geron Christian in the 3rd round last year to be Trent Williams backup.  Letting a guy throw a tantrum and demand a trade out of town can set a bad precedent too, especially for a supposed team captain.  

The reality is this, the chance that he decides to come back play this season is worth more than any trade compensation they get for him after he's demanded a trade.  

Props for saying we should have traded him a while ago.  When did you first bring this up?  2017?

1 minute ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Props for saying we should have traded him a while ago.  When did you first bring this up?  2017?

Not sure.  Its blurred between my we should trade Preston Smith now and we should trade Alfred Morris now threads.  

edit - I got crucified in all of those threads btw.

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The Redskins drafted Geron Christian in the 3rd round last year to be Trent Williams backup.  Letting a guy throw a tantrum and demand a trade out of town can set a bad precedent too, especially for a supposed team captain.  

The reality is this, the chance that he decides to come back play this season is worth more than any trade compensation they get for him after he's demanded a trade.  

yall drafted him in the 3rd round last year

smiley-face-sick.png?w=560 that is as bad as the idea of Flowers being your Starting week 1 LT.  

the reality is the redskins are gonna wind up getting Haskins killed on the field cuz they decided to not to invest a real premium pick on a lt and instead roll with flowers at LT. 

fwiw if i recall the last trade truely demanded by a quality LT was Duane Brown and he recouped a 2nd and 5th round pick which is reasonable compensation for a LT and both are about the same age.   a 2nd round pick for a team not likely making the playoffs seems like a good idea to stock pile resources so u can build around haskins. 

Just now, LinderFournette said:

that is as bad as the idea of Flowers being your Starting week 1 LT. 

Anything is better than Flowers.

Just now, LinderFournette said:

the reality is the redskins are gonna wind up getting Haskins killed on the field cuz they decided to not to invest a real premium pick on a lt and instead roll with flowers at LT. 

How do you suggest we invest a premium pick on LT when the draft was over a month ago?  

49 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm only like 33% serious right now, but Trent Williams should say he thinks the nickname 'Redskins' is offensive and that he's embarrassed to play for the team as a result. That way he makes Dan Snyder infuriated and he'd be willing to trade him for anything.

Explain to me how that could backfire. I'm pretty sure it's the perfect plan.

Two can play at that game. If I were Snyder I would do an about-face and act outraged, on behalf of all those who are genuinely offended by the name 'Redskins', that Trent Williams would stoop to such blatant "ideological appropriation." And now he must play for us in order to atone for his sins. :D

On a slightly more serious note, if you're an owner or coach, do you want a guy who lied and whipped up a phony controversy in the media just to get off his previous team?

37 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Two can play at that game. If I were Snyder I would do an about-face and act outraged, on behalf of all those who are genuinely offended by the name 'Redskins', that Trent Williams would stoop to such blatant "ideological appropriation." And now he must play for us in order to atone for his sins. :D

On a slightly more serious note, if you're an owner or coach, do you want a guy who lied and whipped up a phony controversy in the media just to get off his previous team?

That's true there's like a 10% chance Snyder acts like a child and basically says he's willing to have everyone lose so long as Trent Williams doesn't win. That probably ends with Williams being benched and Snyder yelling racial slurs at him for 9 months a year.

15 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

That's true there's like a 10% chance Snyder acts like a child and basically says he's willing to have everyone lose so long as Trent Williams doesn't win. That probably ends with Williams being benched and Snyder yelling racial slurs at him for 9 months a year.

More than a 10% chance with Snyder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

How do you suggest we invest a premium pick on LT when the draft was over a month ago?  

Well, in theory, if they knew he was unhappy before the draft, they could have done something about it.

If he didn't say anything until now (or there was something that set him off recently, perhaps from the training staff) ... well, obviously, they done screwed up by not being psychic.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

honestly thats false.  i watched Josh walker play LT for us and he was way worse then flowers at left tackle. 

obviously the redskins front office should have known there was a problem regarding trent williams and his availability and should have used a premium pick last month. 

the best option IMO is too either Fire the Incompentent Medical staff you have(thats directly correlated to why he wants out) or you trade him for a premium pick, sign Penn for a year and see what happens.