Cut deadline 4pm EST - Swann, Mauti, Maulet, Dural, Victor get axed

Dome

Cut tracker on Canal Street Cronicles

Full list of cuts:

[4:38 p.m.] Damian Swann, CB; Erik Harris, S; Elijah Mitchell, CB; Justin Zimmer, DT; De’Quan Hampton, WR (source)

[4:34 p.m.] Bryan Braman, LB and Corey Fuller, WR to IR (source)

[4:08 p.m.] Malik Foreman, CB (source); Braedon Bowman, TE (source)

[3:57 p.m.] Jonathan Walton, LB (source)

[3:56 p.m.] Audie Cole, LB (source)

[3:55 p.m.] Jerry Ugokwe, OT (source)

[3:45 p.m.] Khalif Barnes, OT (source)

[3:37 p.m.] Ashaad Mabry, DT (source)

[3:25 p.m.] Michael Mauti, LB (source)

Aug. 29 - Justin Drescher, LS(Injury Settlement) *Jon Dorenbos acquired via trade

Aug. 28 - Jason Jones, DL

2 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Mauti is a bit of a surprise. Bighill might've cost him his job.

Bighill showed versatility playing both mike, will and special teams... Mauti was a sam LB only.

Read somewhere that DT Tony McDaniel was released. Im hoping Zimmer makes it to the PS, he has potential as a NT.

17 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Bighill showed versatility playing both mike, will and special teams... Mauti was a sam LB only.

Read somewhere that DT Tony McDaniel was released. Im hoping Zimmer makes it to the PS, he has potential as a NT.

Zimmer may not have shown enough for a team to pick him up so he should make our PS. 

With McDaniel out, a wonder if Loewan (SP) makes the 53.

1 hour ago, whodatworm23 said:

Team obviously not ready to move on from Anthony... Have to wonder if his gaurenteed salary had any sway in the decision???

Ya just know the Saints are gonna add 1-2 players from other teams in the next few days.

I can and will not lie, but I basically though he was gonna be gone. But it could be the salary, and again would you want him to go to a rival? Or maybe they would use him as some sort of trade?

I also wonder if Bighill and Mauti will make the PS. As an LSU fan, I also hope Dural gets another shot somewhere somehow.

1 hour ago, NS922 said:

Sure, let's cut someone who can play football in favor of some players who might be able to maybe play football.

He offered nothing to special teams and that may have been the deciding factor. 

Archived