Top 50 Prospects Currently in the NFL

tannenballs

With it being mid-season in baseball, I thought I would try and create my own version of a "Top 50 Prospect List"

A couple of notes:

1) The players considered are from 2017-2019 draft classes

2) Certain players have already broken out such as Mahomes, Watson, Barkley, etc so if someone isn't listed, that's probably why

TOP 50 PROSPECTS 

1. Devin White ILB TB

2. Quinnen Williams DL NYJ

3. Minkah Fitzpatrick DB MIA

4. Nick Bosa DE SF

5. Montez Sweat OLB WAS

6. Kyler Murray QB ARI

7. Devin Bush ILB PIT

8. Andre Dillard OT PHI

9. Jonathan Allen DL WAS

10. Malik Hooker FS IND

11. Marcus Davenport DE NO

12. Ed Oliver DT BUF

13. TJ Hockenson TE DET

14. Josh Allen DE JAX

15. Dwayne Haskins QB WAS

16. Garrett Bradbury OC MIN

17. Da’Ron Payne DL WAS

18. Tremaine Edmunds ILB BUF

19. Josh Rosen QB MIA

20. Sam Darnold QB NYJ

21. Byron Murphy CB ARI

22. Dalvin Cook RB MIN

23. Mike McGlinchey OT SF

24. Frank Ragnow OC DET

25. Calvin Ridley WR ATL

26. DJ Moore WR CAR

27. AJ Brown WR TEN

28. Jerry Tillery DT LAC

29. Jeffrey Simmons DL TEN

30. Noah Fant TE DEN

31. Eric McCoy OC NO

32. Greedy Williams CB CLE

33. Mike Williams WR LAC

34. Derrius Guice RB WAS

35. Vita Vea NT TB

36. Will Hernandez OG NYG

37. Carl Lawson DE CIN

38. Derek Barnett DE PHI

39. Chris Godwin WR TB

40. Damontae Kazee DB ATL

41. Harold Landry OLB TEN

42. Dallas Goedert TE PHI

43. Da’Shawn Hand DL DET

44. Justin Reid S HOU

45. Jessie Bates FS CIN

46. Sony Michel RB NE

47. Kerryon Johnson RB DET

48. Mike Gesicki TE MIA

49. Chris Herndon TE NYJ

50. Sidney Jones CB PHI

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

10% of that list are Redskins?  Have a like.

They've been crushing the draft the last few years. I almost didn't list Allen because of the year he had but I think he takes an even bigger step forward. 

• Like 2

8. Andre Dillard OT PHI

38. Derek Barnett DE PHI

42. Dallas Goedert TE PHI

50. Sidney Jones CB PHI

Would be nice if Sidney can shed the injury bug and Barnett comes back from his shoulder injury. Both have tons of upside if healthy!

• Like 1

If we're including the 2017 class, ILB Zach Cunningham should be in consideration. He's quietly turned into a great ILB for the Texans and a big component of the Texans run defense.

I'd rate him significantly higher than Justin Reid, but I wouldn't think he's broken out yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

If we're including the 2017 class, ILB Zach Cunningham should be in consideration. He's quietly turned into a great ILB for the Texans and a big component of the Texans run defense.

I'd rate him significantly higher than Justin Reid, but I wouldn't think he's broken out yet.

I like Reid and Cunningham is going on year 3 as a starter. You'd really take Cunningham over Reid?

6 minutes ago, tannenballs said:

I like Reid and Cunningham is going on year 3 as a starter. You'd really take Cunningham over Reid?

Specifically for the Texans? No - simply because the secondary was a mess last season and the Texans lost Kareem Jackson, Tyrann Mathieu to free agency and Andre Hal to retirement. Reid is the only guy on the DC who has experience in Romeo Crennell's defense, and Jahleel Addae isn't exactly someone you want to see on the field that often.

Cunningham is at a position of strength at ILB, with Berdnardrick McKinney as a keystone defender and Dylan Cole as a very capable backup. If Cunningham got hurt, Cole could step in and play well (there's a drop off, but not much - certainly not as much as from Reid to Addae). 

If I'm creating a defense from scratch and looking at each player in a vacuum? I go Cunningham over Reid, because Cunningham has proven to be very skilled in coverage and a dynamo as a run stopper.

My comment was under the impression we're looking at these guys in a vacuum.

If you watched the Texans v Cowboys game, you'd see what I am talking about - Cunningham was a monster that game, with 10 tackles (7 unassisted) and was one of the biggest reasons Zeke Elliott could only muster up 54 yards on 20 carries - Cunningham drew a bullseye on Zeke and hit him every opportunity, including a pivotal 4th and 2 that led to the Texans tying the game and eventually winning in OT. It was a wrecking ball kinda day for Zach, that's for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tannenballs said:

Go ahead and explain why 

Let's start at the top - why is Devin White of all people ranked #1? I get that he's good, but the top prospect in the entire NFL?

I don't think he even thinks that.

• Like 1

Is this supposed to be viewed as how they were viewed coming out, or how they’re viewed now? 

If the latter, not sure how you can have Bush at #1 (others too).

If the former, not sure how you can have Bush at #1.

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

Let's start at the top - why is Devin White of all people ranked #1? I get that he's good, but the top prospect in the entire NFL?

I don't think he even thinks that.

Because he's going to have an even bigger impact than Darius Leonard last year. He's going to be the best linebacker in the NFL for 10 years.