Your Starting LG --->

Ghostnote

So, I was looking at the picture of Martin & RossP again and the only difference I see between the two is that Ross P has a slightly bigger belly and Martin has a bigger Jersey on and Martin’s Jersey is not tucked in.

I think that perhaps Martin having a bigger Jersey on and it’s untucked makes Martin look in a lot better shape when I’m not sure that there’s really a huge difference. I also don’t think it matters much for interior OL what kind of shape they’re in as long as they’re not way, way out of shape.

Edited by turtle28

On 6/26/2019 at 2:22 PM, turtle28 said:

I also don’t think it matters much for interior OL what kind of shape they’re in as long as they’re not way, way out of shape.

And that they put in the effort.

Something that is likely not going to be the case for Ereck Flowers.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Word is that so far Wes Martin hasn't been consistent in camp and doesn't look like he's ready to be a starter. He's been up and down and that's probably why the Redskins signed Hugh Thornton.

That's too bad. How about Ross? I was bigger on him anyway. 

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

That's too bad. How about Ross? I was bigger on him anyway. 

Haven't heard anything pro/con about him, but given that Washington cut Casey Dunn (the only other center beyond Roullier) to sign Thornton, I think Pierschbacher's roster spot is pretty much guaranteed at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

If players do NOT want to be here, you trade them. It's that simple. I think we could get back a late first round pick for TW. Being as though we're looking at a 4-6 win season, that sounds like a nice return for a team that should be rebuilding. 

Yep and put me in the 2nd round pick & mid round pick category too.

I don’t know if Minny would do this, but I think Kirk would like to have Trent back protecting his left side.

If would swing a Trent to Minny trade and get back their starting LT Riley Reiff and a mid round pick, I’d be for that.

It’d suck for Donald Penn, but that’s football. I think Penn could transition to guard and play a few more seasons. He’s a huge dude, bigger and stronger than Erek Flowers and a better OL than Flowers. Penn at LG would be a nice stop gap for a year or 2 until hopefully Wes Martin, Ross P or someone else we acquire is ready to take over.

• Like 1