Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GetDownandDirty

Lions sign a wide receiver

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, GetDownandDirty said:

I was surprised that he didn't sign when he came before. Maybe he thought he had some other opportunities that didn't pan out. At least there is familiarity with the offense which should help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a solid move. Our receiver depth was really lacking once Tate was traded. No one stepped up. Between Amendola and Kearse I think that we should be able to find a good third/fourth receiver. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

This is a solid move. Our receiver depth was really lacking once Tate was traded. No one stepped up. Between Amendola and Kearse I think that we should be able to find a good third/fourth receiver. 

This is especially helpful in getting all of the WR's up to speed in Bevell's offense. Especially the younger guys like Fulgham who will already have a lot on their plate coming into the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really like moves like this and would rather give the younger guys them reps good or bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

I don't really like moves like this and would rather give the younger guys them reps good or bad

He knows Bevell's offense and something tells me come week 7 or 8 that will come in handy.

I'll tell you something else, the stories I've seen the last week about how Tabor was looking really good and might turn things around... to be honest those stories make me deeply worried about the receiving corps far more than they make me optimistic about Tabor. Another veteran can't hurt imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Superduperman said:

He knows Bevell's offense and something tells me come week 7 or 8 that will come in handy.

I'll tell you something else, the stories I've seen the last week about how Tabor was looking really good and might turn things around... to be honest those stories make me deeply worried about the receiving corps far more than they make me optimistic about Tabor. Another veteran can't hurt imo

I get it.. but a one year deal isn't worth taking away from our younger guys for me.. kinda like Ellington last yr when we could of really seen what we had in someone else who's on the team...

Can't learn on the sidelines

Why draft and sign guys if ur never gonna play em

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

I get it.. but a one year deal isn't worth taking away from our younger guys for me.. kinda like Ellington last yr when we could of really seen what we had in someone else who's on the team...

Can't learn on the sidelines

Why draft and sign guys if ur never gonna play em

We also are a team that is looking to win now. We've got a young guy going into year 3 in KG, three established guys in Marvin, Danny and Kearse. We'll wind up with 5-6 WR's on the final roster. JK is going to help get all of the receiving group on track with the system. If these younger guys play well enough to deserve it, then they will get their opportunities. JK had a rough year and is looking to bounce back. He's not a lock to make the cut but these younger guys aren't just going to be given the spot either.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

We also are a team that is looking to win now. We've got a young guy going into year 3 in KG, three established guys in Marvin, Danny and Kearse. We'll wind up with 5-6 WR's on the final roster. JK is going to help get all of the receiving group on track with the system. If these younger guys play well enough to deserve it, then they will get their opportunities. JK had a rough year and is looking to bounce back. He's not a lock to make the cut but these younger guys aren't just going to be given the spot either.

 

We need to sign a wr to teach them the offence wtf... who gives a crap if he knows the offence what's he gonna say that a coach can't 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

We need to sign a wr to teach them the offence wtf... who gives a crap if he knows the offence what's he gonna say that a coach can't 

This old cliche is one of my pet peeves. Players play, coaches coach. Players don't get signed to mentor other players. They get signed to produce on the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2019 at 8:43 PM, Superduperman said:

He knows Bevell's offense and something tells me come week 7 or 8 that will come in handy.

I'll tell you something else, the stories I've seen the last week about how Tabor was looking really good and might turn things around... to be honest those stories make me deeply worried about the receiving corps far more than they make me optimistic about Tabor. Another veteran can't hurt imo

Andy Jones has done nothing but own Teez...

But this is kinda what I'm talking about.. if slay is there Teez doesn't get this type of experience 

Now you bring in jk and take away this type of experience from our younger guys for a one year deal and for that price..wtf..this imo is a problem 

Now every other wr knows there's what one spot available and jk has proved nothing 

I'd rather gave that cash to snacks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear you with all that. But I also remember decades and decades of the Lions having young guys getting experience as the #3 or #4 receivers and producing nothing, like NOTHING. Guys like TJ Jones or Corey Fuller or Derrick Williams or Scotty Anderson and on and on into infinity.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess. I just think that if Kearse makes the team, as the season goes on and guys get hurt, or are no good, like maybe Amendola has nothing left or whatever, it'll be good to have a guy who knows what route to run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Superduperman said:

I hear you with all that. But I also remember decades and decades of the Lions having young guys getting experience as the #3 or #4 receivers and producing nothing, like NOTHING. Guys like TJ Jones or Corey Fuller or Derrick Williams or Scotty Anderson and on and on into infinity.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess. I just think that if Kearse makes the team, as the season goes on and guys get hurt, or are no good, like maybe Amendola has nothing left or whatever, it'll be good to have a guy who knows what route to run.

At least those other guys had st value

Kearse couldn't get signed and we were his fall back.. which erks me

Who's to say he wouldn't be available later.. or a guy like dez Bryant plenty that fit what kearse can do.. Imo he wasn't even the best available iyam. Ya ya he knows some of the offence but if your forth string you got time and we could just use the #8 pick in the draft to help patch things.. Imo we needed more of a speed guy anyway... I'd rather give Andy Jones a shot at half the cost.. shoot kearse is making more than our #1..

As far as I know kearse has not much if any experience in the slot or produced there.. again all for just a one year deal 

Stupid to argue about but I just don't like taking away from guys that probably be and will want to be here next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 4:37 PM, Rockcity2 said:

We need to sign a wr to teach them the offence wtf... who gives a crap if he knows the offence what's he gonna say that a coach can't 

 

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 10:46 PM, Superduperman said:

This old cliche is one of my pet peeves. Players play, coaches coach. Players don't get signed to mentor other players. They get signed to produce on the field.

Everybody is learning the offensive scheme. They are sitting there in the position group room watching film and breaking down the plays, responsibilities, signals, etc. Kearse wasn't brought on to be a coach, otherwise they'd have just hired him as the WR coach. He is here because of the scheme familiarity and he's hoping it will help him career wise (as opposed to his time in NY). Guys are going to be asking him questions and he's going to help to whatever extent doesn't take away from his own play.

Kearse has to produce in order to stick around but the team wins when everybody is on the same page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

 

Everybody is learning the offensive scheme. They are sitting there in the position group room watching film and breaking down the plays, responsibilities, signals, etc. Kearse wasn't brought on to be a coach, otherwise they'd have just hired him as the WR coach. He is here because of the scheme familiarity and he's hoping it will help him career wise (as opposed to his time in NY). Guys are going to be asking him questions and he's going to help to whatever extent doesn't take away from his own play.

Kearse has to produce in order to stick around but the team wins when everybody is on the same page.

You have no clue if kearse is even that type of guy.....

Why help guys trying to take your job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×