Who will have the #1 pick?

onejayhawk

13 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Foles has dede westbrook, marquise lee, keelan cole, dj chark, chris Conley, terrelle pryer and some random fodder at wr.

Save for Westbrook (who might be a great #2 elsewhere) pretty much every single name on this list is "random fodder at WR."

I'd say this WR unit is close to the worst WR unit in the league, if it's not already the worst WR unit in the league. I sincerely don't know who the #2 is on that list.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Save for Westbrook (who might be a great #2 elsewhere) pretty much every single name on this list is "random fodder at WR."

I'd say this WR unit is close to the worst WR unit in the league, if it's not already the worst WR unit in the league. I sincerely don't know who the #2 is on that list.

The 49ers receivers are pretty bad if there young guys don't step up (not counting kittle, of course). Dante Pettis, Deebo, Jalen Hurd, Trent Taylor, Jordan Matthews, Richie James, and Kendrick Bourne aren't inspiring fear in anyone right now

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

The 49ers receivers are pretty bad if there young guys don't step up (not counting kittle, of course). Dante Pettis, Deebo, Jalen Hurd, Trent Taylor, Jordan Matthews, Richie James, and Kendrick Bourne aren't inspiring fear in anyone right now

You don’t have a true #1, but Pettis is gonna be a good #2 and Deebo will be an elite slot WR. I don’t think SF is putrid at WR. 

39 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

You don’t have a true #1, but Pettis is gonna be a good #2 and Deebo will be an elite slot WR. I don’t think SF is putrid at WR. 

It's just about them stepping up. Right now, they aren't scary..obviously a lot of potential to be scary. Though Deebo will be on the outside. I'm sure he'll play some in the slot as well (I think Shanny is looking to have a positionless offensive scheme between all the guys), but he should be the starting Z receiver. 

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

Most of those guys are of the 2/3 variety.  Lee probably is our 1 while dede is our 2.  Chark was a 2nd rounder just last year.  Cole lead us in recieving in 2017 as an udfa from Kentucky weselyn but crashed hard last year to the point of being benched.  Conley is one of those sparq guys but we signed him this year and he has a decent rapport with foles. 

Problem with the jags wr corps is 1) no true number 1 wr(thanks alot caldwell for keeping lee over allen Robinson) and 2) they are young and havent had an accurate qb throwing to them. 

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Most of those guys are of the 2/3 variety.  Lee probably is our 1 while dede is our 2.  Chark was a 2nd rounder just last year.  Cole lead us in recieving in 2017 as an udfa from Kentucky weselyn but crashed hard last year to the point of being benched.  Conley is one of those sparq guys but we signed him this year and he has a decent rapport with foles. 

Problem with the jags wr corps is 1) no true number 1 wr(thanks alot caldwell for keeping lee over allen Robinson) and 2) they are young and havent had an accurate qb throwing to them. 

I know who all of these guys are - Chark has some upside, but the entire unit is very underwhelming overall. 

Guys like this CAN work if you have a very elite QB - we've seen Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson perform magic with an underwhelming cast at times. Can we say that Foles is on THAT level? I'd say no, he needed a 1/2 tweener like Alshon Jeffrey and a dominant TE like Zach Ertz. It's not a huge knock on Foles, there are only 4-5 guys on the planet who can play QB at that level.

While I like Josh Allen as a BPA selection for the Jags, I sincerely wonder if it was a luxury the Jags didn't need - TJ Hockenstein would have been a much better selection in that spot, a do-everything TE who presents a huge threat to catch the ball and create plays on his own.

On 6/7/2019 at 4:47 PM, ClutchDJ said:

It would be really surprising if Arizona finished with the #1 pick.

Looking at their roster, it’s not the best, but I don’t think it’s horrific or even bottom 3.

Possibly the NFL's worst offensive line for 2018, maybe they fixed it for 2019. They are in a salary cap mess. Now they have a rookie HC and yet another rookie QB. Their all-world cornerback PP is banned for PED's. Playing in a division vs Super Bowl Rams, Russell Wilson, and Jimmy G. Other games vs the Ravens, Saints, Steelers and Browns.

Sure they could come out of the gate on fire after the coaching change, but is it likely? Was signing the nearly 37-year-old LB Suggs the crafty move that will put them over the top?

This is why we watch the games, to see how things play out. 

21 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Possibly the NFL's worst offensive line for 2018, maybe they fixed it for 2019. They are in a salary cap mess. Now they have a rookie HC and yet another rookie QB. Their all-world cornerback PP is banned for PED's. Playing in a division vs Super Bowl Rams, Russell Wilson, and Jimmy G. Other games vs the Ravens, Saints, Steelers and Browns.

Sure they could come out of the gate on fire after the coaching change, but is it likely? Was signing the nearly 37-year-old LB Suggs the crafty move that will put them over the top?

This is why we watch the games, to see how things play out. 

I’m very high on Kyler. Just like Mahomes, I think people are heavily overthinking him. I think he’s going to have a really good rookie year. He’ll be able to uplift the team around him, something Rosen failed to do.

What has Jimmy G proven to be anything other than injury prone? I’m definitely not sold on the 49ers as a threat or even a sleeper.

I think the AFC North takes a huge step back this season, sans Cleveland. I think Pitt & Baltimore will be middling 7-9/8-8 teams. 

I think 6-10 is very likely for them. I just find it extremely hard to have back-to-back seasons with the #1 pick, unless you’re Cleveland.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I know who all of these guys are - Chark has some upside, but the entire unit is very underwhelming overall. 

Guys like this CAN work if you have a very elite QB - we've seen Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson perform magic with an underwhelming cast at times. Can we say that Foles is on THAT level? I'd say no, he needed a 1/2 tweener like Alshon Jeffrey and a dominant TE like Zach Ertz. It's not a huge knock on Foles, there are only 4-5 guys on the planet who can play QB at that level.

While I like Josh Allen as a BPA selection for the Jags, I sincerely wonder if it was a luxury the Jags didn't need - TJ Hockenstein would have been a much better selection in that spot, a do-everything TE who presents a huge threat to catch the ball and create plays on his own.

I think the Jags management knows they're a defensive team at this point that will need to run effectively and get a jump from one of their young WRs.  Titans were in a similar position last year after Delanie went down, and the results were....mixed.  Could work out better for the Jags though, both Westbrook and Chark could be up for big jumps, and Lee is a reliable No. 2/3 type guy at this point in his career.

In a lesser division, they'd be OK, but with the Texans being contenders while Watson is on his feet, the Colts being the Colts again, and the Titans being essentially one step ahead of the Jags offensively, it's hard to see them making much noise unless the injury bug hits all three other teams hard, or Foles surprises and works out this time.  I think no one in the AFCS is in contention for the first overall pick, really.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think no one in the AFCS is in contention for the first overall pick, really.

This? I firmly agree with. I really think any four of these teams could break into the playoffs.