Eagles Extend Carson Wentz

chiefs82

18 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

And also the fact that they haven't commited to him yet... Jerry Jones even said himself that Dak isn't worth $30million a year. He isn't that caliber of a QB, which means franchise. 

That's the going rate for FQB moving forward with the ever growing Cap.  I think Cowboy fans specifically are freaking out because they know now Dak will ask for and probably Eclipse Wentz's Contract numbers being the next QB in line. 

Jerry just changed his Depends after this Wentz extension. Thats what He gets for slow playing Daks extension trying to low ball him. Good luck!

Edited by Nabbs4u

I don't see Dak getting more than Wentz. I think most people realize this is the market. People were being unrealistic with $26-28M. If Wentz with his last 2 years can land this contract then yes Dak will get his $30M. I actually think Dak is thrilled that Wentz went first because his only other comparisons were people like Rodgers, Wilson, and Ben who all are way more accomplished than he is. That would have been easily used against his asking of $30M but with Wentz getting $32 then that $30M doesn't seem so big anymore.,

Dak was never going below $30M and rightfully in this market. This just makes it look better, IMO. 

19 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

And also the fact that they haven't commited to him yet... Jerry Jones even said himself that Dak isn't worth $30million a year. He isn't that caliber of a QB, which means franchise. 

1st of - those same posters hated Romo. They hate Cowboys QB. 

2nd - LOL for using a message board as your source

3rd - Weve been negotiating with Dak all offseason. 

4th - Jerry never said Dak wasnt worth $30m. Dont make poop up to support your ridiculous opinion.

"Dak is the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys," Jones said on "The Fan" KRLD-FM (105.3). "He's young, and he's going to get extended."

"I'd generally say [the negotiations are] going well," Jones told Rapoport. "These things never have a definitive answer. Because you never know if you've done it until you've done it." 

Prescott is reportedly seeking an extension "worth at least $30 million per year," NFL Network's Jeremy Bergman reports. He sent a counteroffer to the Cowboys on Wednesday after receiving an initial offer from Jones and Co. earlier in the offseason, according to NFL Network's Jane Slater.

That number will approach $30 million annually, according to a source, if not more.

While he didn’t get into numbers, owner Jerry Jones reflected the team’s attitude toward Prescott during a visit with former Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin on the Rich Eisen Show on Monday.

And he said emphatically, “I am confident we will get this (deal) done.”

"We're gonna take our future and bet it on Dak,'' Jones said of the organizational plan.

The Cowboys are very open about their plans for making the Prescott the highest-paid player in team history, which obviously means more than $65 million guaranteed given to defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence. The idea that the annual number -- with a long-term contract that includes "escape hatches'' -- will be in the range of $30 million is hardly a secret, either.

https://wcbs880.radio.com/articles/jerry-jones-bet-dallas-cowboys-future-dak-prescott-megadeal

"He's going to get his extraordinary contract," Jones also said Saturday of Prescott. "But while we can put the team together and take advantage when he is on this contract right now, we've got to be real astute to maximize that advantage."

Bro - You just straight up lied.

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

That's the going rate for FQB moving forward with the ever growing Cap.  I think Cowboy fans specifically are freaking out because they know now Dak will ask for and probably Eclipse Wentz's Contract numbers being the next QB in line. 

Jerry just changed his Depends after this Wentz extension. Thats what He gets for slow playing Daks extension trying to low ball him. Good luck!

Dak's camp: "Oh, Carson got how much?"

- 3rd most wins in the league
- 2nd most GWD's
- Two division titles
- Playoff win
- Better stats than Wentz
- Better h2h record vs Wentz
- Never missed a game

"Pay up, Jerruh." Seriously, Dak's value won't be higher than it is right now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ACO said:

The Jones family are cheap AF billionaires. It is what it is

This is the most far thing from the truth that has ever been said. 

They are notorious for over paying players. They built the most expensive stadium ever seen. That wasnt enough, so they built a practice facility the size of a neighborhood. 

They spend more money on the Cowboys than any other owner in the entire NFL. 

3 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Dak's camp: "Oh, Carson got how much?"

- 3rd most wins in the league
- 2nd most GWD's
- Two division titles
- Playoff win
- Better stats than Wentz
- Better h2h record vs Wentz
- Never missed a game

"Pay up, Jerruh." Seriously, Dak's value won't be higher than it is right now.

Yeah were effed. We should have signed first. So dumb. 

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

1st of - those same posters hated Romo. They hate Cowboys QB. 

2nd - LOL for using a message board as your source

3rd - Weve been negotiating with Dak all offseason. 

4th - Jerry never said Dak wasnt worth $30m. Dont make poop up to support your ridiculous opinion.

Bro - You just straight up lied.

What funny is that you're a message board poster, so we have to believe what you say, but not what others say about Dak!! Ok bro got it. 

So please tell me why they haven't paid him??? if they love him and believe in him so much?? It would have been smart right? His on his last year, Wentz has 2 more years. Pay him before Wentz would have been smart?? So why the slow process??? Why the hold up?

Edited by Eagles $5$

1 minute ago, Eagles $5$ said:

So please tell me why they haven't paid him??? if they love him and believe in him so much?? It would have been smart right? His on his last year, Wentz has 2 more years. Pay him before Wentz would have been smart?? So why the slow process??? Why the hold up?

Thats how the Cowboys negotiate. Always have. They do this weird slow play thing and then knock it all out in like 2 days. Wouldnt surprise me if it was at training camp. 

Or, they will do what the Dez/DT/Julio camp did. They will simply plop Wentz's contract down on the table and say "We will give you the same thing".

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is the most far thing from the truth that has ever been said. 

They are notorious for over paying players. They built the most expensive stadium ever seen. That wasnt enough, so they built a practice facility the size of a neighborhood. 

They spend more money on the Cowboys than any other owner in the entire NFL. 

They invest in themselves (their properties)  and used to overpay. They haven't done that in awhile because of the hole they dug themselves into. They finally in a decent financial position and they not trying to screw it up. Who in recent years have they drastically overpaid? I think the last big contracts were Dez and Tony and at the time they made sense. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I agree. Dallas is in an awful position. I would say they should trade Dak now but I don’t know what team needs just a good but not great starting QB as a starter this year so they can make the playoffs but lose in the first round like the Cowboys at best can hope for.

If I’m them, I just can’t justify making Dak the highest paid player in the NFL. I’m also sure no one else will make Dak the highest paid player in the NFL.

If I’m Dallas I franchise tag Dak non-exclusive next year and let him negotiate with other teams. Then, I’d match whatever his best offer is or I’d work out a trade with whatever team wants him after he’s franchised. This is what the Redskins should have done with Cousins in 2016 & 17 but they put the exclusive tag on Cousins which meant he couldn’t shop himself to other teams.

7 minutes ago, ACO said:

Who in recent years have they drastically overpaid? I think the last big contracts were Dez and Tony and at the time they made sense. 

You said cheap. That is very different than not overpaying. 

Big contracts on the team:

Fredbeard => highest in the NFL at the time

Martin => Highest in the nfl at the time

Smith => highest in the NFL at the time

DLaw => highest in the NFL currently

Sean Lee - big for a back up

Coopers 5th year option is decently sized

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I agree. Dallas is in an awful position. I would say they should trade Dak now but I don’t know what team needs just a good but not great starting QB as a starter this year so they can make the playoffs but lose in the first round like the Cowboys at best can hope for.

If I’m them, I just can’t justify making Dak the highest paid player in the NFL. I’m also sure no one else will make Dak the highest paid player in the NFL.

If I’m Dallas I franchise tag Dak non-exclusive next year and let him negotiate with other teams. Then, I’d match whatever his best offer is or I’d work out a trade with whatever team wants him after he’s franchised. This is what the Redskins should have done with Cousins in 2016 & 17 but they put the exclusive tag on Cousins which meant he couldn’t shop himself to other teams.

Did you read that NFL article a few weeks back? 

Called Dak the best QB in the NFC East. Said he was on the verge of being elite. 

Dak is a borderline top 10 QB. He is going no where. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

You said cheap. That is very different than not overpaying. 

Big contracts on the team:

Fredbeard => highest in the NFL at the time

Martin => Highest in the nfl at the time

Smith => highest in the NFL at the time

DLaw => highest in the NFL currently

Sean Lee - big for a back up

Coopers 5th year option is decently sized

They are cheap. I don't see the difference. They will refuse to overpay just to keep someone. They will let you walk before that. That is the definition of cheap especially when the difference could be less than 3M which was the issue with Tank. They paying people what I think they are worth. Who on that list was not worth what their numbers say. Lee's numbers not even that bad now and he is more like a coach for these young studs and well worth the price especially with the pay cut. They being smart with their money. The same with Witten's contract.

There will be big contracts. No avoiding that. You will eventually pay your good players well. That is the point.

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Did you read that NFL article a few weeks back? 

Called Dak the best QB in the NFC East. Said he was on the verge of being elite. 

Dak is a borderline top 10 QB. He is going no where. 

One articles opinion doesn’t make it true. The best QB in the NFCE if healthy is Carson Wentz. 

Dak being the second best QB in a division that has no elite QBs at the moment is not exactly a ringing endorsement for making him the highest paid player in the NFL.

My personal opinion is that Dak’s ceiling is low and his floor is low as well. I don’t think he’s going to get much better than he already is as a passer - which is above average - and I don’t think he’s going to get worse as a passer until he’s older and he starts to lose his mobility which makes him a dual threat and allows him to extend plays so WRs can get wide open for him bc he rarely makes tight window throws.

I don’t think he’s a top 10 Qb in the NFL. He’s somewhere in the teens depending on what your metrics are for a QB and that in no way in my eyes means the Cowboys should pay him a contract like Wentz who can be Aaron Rodgers like if healthy. 

I’m sorry, but Dak just doesn’t have that ability as a a passer.

Edited by turtle28

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

How are Dallas in a bad position? Trade Dak? For what? For who? He has been quality for them. And they not franchise tagging him. His contract is up.He is a free agent next year. It is either pay him or don't at this point.

Edited by ACO