Eagles Extend Carson Wentz

chiefs82

1 minute ago, ACO said:

They are cheap. I don't see the difference. They will refuse to overpay just to keep someone. They will let you walk before that. That is the definition of cheap especially when the difference could be less than 3M which was the issue with Tank. They paying people what I think they are worth. Who on that list was not worth what their numbers say. Lee's numbers not even that bad now and he is more like a coach for these young studs and well worth the price especially with the pay cut. They being smart with their money. The same with Witten's contract.

There will be big contracts. No avoiding that. You will eventually pay your good players well. That is the point.

Cheap is used as a term who wont spend money. Or a cheapskate:

Definition of cheapskate

: a miserly or stingy personespecially : one who tries to avoid paying a fair share of costs or expenses

We will pay the "fair" cost. We dont overpay, often, anymore. But thats not because the Owner/Jones family became misers. Hell, Jones himself said he would write a check right now for $250m if it meant his team would win the 'bowl. 

We have a large scouting department, large/expensive coaching staff, we spend to the cap almost every single year. 

Were not cheap. But we are finally being smart with contracts. 

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think he’s going to get much better than he already is as a passer - which is above average - and I don’t think he’s going to get worse as a passer until he’s older and he starts to lose his mobility which makes him a dual threat and allows him to extend plays so WRs can get wide open for him bc he rarely makes tight window throws.

Dak made the highest percentage of tight window throws in 2017. I think he was 3rd last year. 

He was the 10th most aggressive passer last year. 

Dak throws, on average, further than Wentz, Brady, Brees and a lot of others

Daks first 24 games he was borderline top 5 in stats.

Daks last 11 games he was top 10 in almost every single stat (ypg, comp%, TDs, INT, Passer rating, etc).

There is a period from Falcons '17 to Titans '18 when his OL was complete butt (ranked 28th) and his WRs were ranked *DEAD LAST* by the NFL at getting open. That stretch is literally the only time in Dak's career that he wasnt a clear top 10 QB, pushing top 5 at times. 

3 minutes ago, ACO said:

How are Dallas in a bad position? Trade Dak? For what? For who? He has been quality for them. And they not franchise tagging him. His contract is up.He is a free agent next year. It is either pay him or don't at this point.

They’re in a bad position bc I don’t think Dak is elite but given the way the QB market is going good QBs like say Kirk Cousins - who puts up better stats than Dak - are getting paid elite money.

When a guy who isn’t elite gets paid elite money that hurts your entire team bc then you have less money to pay on good to great players at other positions. 

The Cowboys will soon find themselves back in salary cap hell like they were when they paid Romo and Des years ago if they give Dak a Wentz type contract.

The eagles team as a whole will be negatively affected by Wentz’s huge contract eventually too. It happens to most teams, just look at Seattle before and after Wilson’s huge deal, the Ravens before and after Flacco’s big deal, the Giants before and after Eli’s big deal and the Packers before and after Rodgers’ big deal. Etc, etc.

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak made the highest percentage of tight window throws in 2017. I think he was 3rd last year. 

He was the 10th most aggressive passer last year. 

Dak throws, on average, further than Wentz, Brady, Brees and a lot of others

Daks first 24 games he was borderline top 5 in stats.

Daks last 11 games he was top 10 in almost every single stat (ypg, comp%, TDs, INT, Passer rating, etc).

There is a period from Falcons '17 to Titans '18 when his OL was complete butt (ranked 28th) and his WRs were ranked *DEAD LAST* by the NFL at getting open. That stretch is literally the only time in Dak's career that he wasnt a clear top 10 QB, pushing top 5 at times. 

Sorry, I don’t believe that. Maybe you can point me as to where you’ve seen these statistics.

And the reason he puts up stats like that is because he’s a dual threat QB and because of Elliot. Teams are afraid of the Cowboys running game so bc of that they sometimes have better success in the passing game when teams load up to stop the run.

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Sorry, I don’t believe that. And the reason he puts up stats like that is because he’s a dual threat QB and because of Elliot. Teams are afraid of the Cowboys running game so bc of that they sometimes have better success in the passing game when teams load up to stop the run.

What do you not believe? I can provide you all the links you could need. 

https://twitter.com/Marcus_Mosher/status/1090794435615617024/photo/1

The Zeke effect has been debunked many times. Some of Daks worst games come with Zeke on the field. Some of his best games came without Zeke. 

Edited by Matts4313

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What do you not believe? I can provide you all the links you could need. 

https://twitter.com/Marcus_Mosher/status/1090794435615617024/photo/1

The Zeke effect has been debunked many times. Some of Daks worst games come with Zeke on the field. Some of his best games came without Zeke. 

I have no idea who that guy is. Looks like a nerd from Silicon Valley haha 😆 

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

like if it's a bad thing. Wtf man.

Nah, I only meant that even if they wanted to move on from him, they really can’t. 

I think Goff is good, he just has to prove that the way the Bears and Patriots played him last year isn’t an effective method of beating the Rams going forward, because you can bet that strategy will be replicated league-wide against them this year. 

• Like 1

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Nah, I only meant that even if they wanted to move on from him, they really can’t. 

I think Goff is good, he just has to prove that the way the Bears and Patriots played him last year isn’t an effective method of beating the Rams going forward, because you can bet that strategy will be replicated league-wide against them this year. 

they said the same thing about the Vikings the year before that. He was figured out can't make reads. It was In Chi in cold weather..

And against the greatest dynasty in sports history. I ain't tripping.. Goff stats are insanely good for his age.. He's only going to get better.. And his numbers with Kupp >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> without Kupp.. 

10 minutes ago, El ramster said:

they said the same thing about the Vikings the year before that. He was figured out can't make reads. It was In Chi in cold weather..

And against the greatest dynasty in sports history. I ain't tripping.. Goff stats are insanely good for his age.. He's only going to get better.. And his numbers with Kupp >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> without Kupp.. 

He played the Boston Celtics?

7 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Since they havent played the same amount of games, lets look at efficiency:

Dak:  66% comp, 4.5 TD%, 1.7 INT%, 6.56 ANY/A, 96 rating => 25

Goff: 62% comp, 5.2 TD%, 2.1 INT%, 6.85 ANY/A, 95 rating => 24

Wentz: 64%, 4.8 TD%, 1.9 INT%, 6.3 ANY/A, 93 Rating => 26

Looking at this, if Goff bounces back from the superbowl, there is a good chance he gets fat paid. Did you read that article about how the Lions/Bears/Pats all used the same strategy to beat Goff? He's got some stuff to work on.