Eagles Extend Carson Wentz

chiefs82

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

except for the ~30+ games he has been pushing top 5. 

I live in Texas and watch the Cowboys every week.  Dak is nowhere near that good.  I know you care deeply about stats.  I will say, I did like him better as the year went on and he was pretty good last year.  He's nowhere near top 5.  To me, he's MUCH closer to Alex Smith or another average-ish QB than he is to guys like Russell Wilson (Wilson is top 5 or right near it).

As far as Dak and Wentz go, it actually is a tough debate.  The year Wentz got hurt and was on an MVP run is far more impressive than anything Dak has ever done, IMO.  But he came back last year and didn't look the same.  Wentz has durability issues and unfortunately, that's one of the worst things you can have because it doesn't matter how good you are if you can't play.  In a perfect world were everyone is guaranteed to be healthy, I'm taking Wentz EASILY over Dak.  But in the real world, I can see an argument for Dak over Wentz.

• Like 4

Just now, showtime said:

I live in Texas and watch the Cowboys every week.  Dak is nowhere near that good.  I know you care deeply about stats.  I will say, I did like him better as the year went on and he was pretty good last year.  He's nowhere near top 5.  To me, he's MUCH closer to Alex Smith or another average-ish QB than he is to guys like Russell Wilson (Wilson is top 5 or right near it).

As far as Dak and Wentz go, it actually is a tough debate.  The year Wentz got hurt and was on an MVP run is far more impressive than anything Dak has ever done, IMO.  But he came back last year and didn't look the same.  Wentz has durability issues and unfortunately, that's one of the worst things you can have because it doesn't matter how good you are if you can't play.  In a perfect world were everyone is guaranteed to be healthy, I'm taking Wentz EASILY over Dak.  But in the real world, I can see an argument for Dak over Wentz.

I dont disagree with any of this. 

@ all the eagles fans to read it.

Dak is not a top 5 QB. He 'pushes' those stats like 75% of his career, but he is not a Wilson, Rodgers, Brady, whatever QB. 

Wentz and Dak are close. And Dak has a very legitimate argument over Wentz when you factor everything. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Heres the thing. Almost no one disagrees with me that they are in the same ballpark (10-15 range). 

Here is also the thing, I never said Dak > Wentz in terms of ability, I said Dak is better statistically (true) and in durability (true).

Here the thing, Dak lost his LT for parts of the year, C, new LG, no #1 WR for a good stretch (Dez was hurt, didnt have Cooper to start the year).  His OL was ranked 28 and his WR's ranked 32. A worse situation than the Cardinals, Browns, Fins, whomever.

Heres the thing, those ~10ish games were horrific. The other almost 30+ games.... Dak = or > Wentz statistically. 

similar statistics yet you have to argue on his behalf against so many... 

If Carson stays healthy, this may be one of the smartest things they’ve ever done. Although, of course, a gamble. If Carson had an MVP caliber season this year he could of demanded around 37M per year. Yikes. 

Cowboys and Eagles will both be fun to watch this year. Both teams are legitimate Super Bowl contenders, especially the Cowboys. That roster is stacked. Not many teams would be in SB contention with Dak at the helm, but they are quite loaded, especially on defense. Cowboys could win the Super Bowl, although unlikely. I see a similar situation as last year. 9-11 wins, WC loss. Why? Garrett and Dak, mostly. 

Eagles are a nice dark horse team as always. Easily could be 8-8, easily could be 12-4. They’ll need great QB play and great coaching for the latter. 

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Both teams are legitimate Super Bowl contenders, especially the Cowboys

A team led by Jason Garrett and Dak Prescott can't be considered serious contenders. They do have a good team and will likely make the playoffs but..... Garrett and Dak in a SB? Nah.

3 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

A team led by Jason Garrett and Dak Prescott can't be considered serious contenders. They do have a good team and will likely make the playoffs but..... Garrett and Dak in a SB? Nah.

Which was the reason I said they probably would never win it. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I'd say it's 50/50 the Cowboys make the playoffs. Rams, Saints, Eagles, Vikings, Packers, Bears, Falcons, and Cowboys all look strong. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

It's more likely than Nick Foles winning a SB.

12 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I am not even sure about that. 

Dallas had an unsustainable record in one score games last year and they didn't have many blowout wins. They seem like a prime regression candidate (along with Chicago) IMO.  

from Warren Sharp:

Carson Wentz recorded the best 3rd-year in NFL history:
#1 Highest rating (102.2)
#1 Highest comp % (69.6%) (min 400 att)
He did so coming off a torn ACL & playing with a broken bone in his back. He did so w/ no WR catching over 65 passes & no RB avg over 4.3 YPC.
Worth it.