Jump to content
chiefs82

Eagles Extend Carson Wentz

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Overall he's making 2 Million more per year at this point than I think he was going to get otherwise. Throw in the fact that Dak is completely at the whim of the talent around him then I think he's being pretty overpaid at this rate.

If Dak continues to keep them in the post season like he has done 2 out of 3 years then that is a win for the Cowboys. I am not interested in the Wentz vs Dak debate because I think they both quality players. So far Dak has proved himself. He not the best but he has achieved plenty. Wentz had a MVP season that was cut short and then last year was a mess. He is very talented but his durability is a major concern. So hopefully this year proves everyone wrong because with this extra money that pressure is stronger than ever. That goes for Dak too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Watson and Goff going to get paid

Mahoney going to really get paid

Mayfield going to get 200 milli fully guaranteed

 

If Baker has the year people think he will.... whew, Mahames already gong to see silly money. Goff will get paid but not as much as the other two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dak going to get the first fully guaranteed contract somehow whereas Wentz is gonna shatter into 20 million pieces.

Also the eagles let the wrong QB and paid the wrong one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ACO said:

If Baker has the year people think he will.... whew, Mahames already gong to see silly money. Goff will get paid but not as much as the other two.

If I'm them, I'm not upset if I have to wait until 2022 to get the new contract. Cap numbers are up substantially then, they get even more massive deals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DingoLadd said:

Dak going to get the first fully guaranteed contract somehow whereas Wentz is gonna shatter into 20 million pieces.

Also the eagles let the wrong QB and paid the wrong one. 

Man, this Dingo is bricked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ACO said:

If Dak continues to keep them in the post season like he has done 2 out of 3 years then that is a win for the Cowboys. I am not interested in the Wentz vs Dak debate because I think they both quality players. So far Dak has proved himself. He not the best but he has achieved plenty. Wentz had a MVP season that was cut short and then last year was a mess. He is very talented but his durability is a major concern. So hopefully this year proves everyone wrong because with this extra money that pressure is stronger than ever. That goes for Dak too. 

how was last year a mess? I mean for a guy with a broken back I'd say a 102 passer rating is pretty good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

how was last year a mess? I mean for a guy with a broken back I'd say a 102 passer rating is pretty good. 

No running game either TBH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Danger said:

If I'm them, I'm not upset if I have to wait until 2022 to get the new contract. Cap numbers are up substantially then, they get even more massive deals.

No doubt. By the time Baker is due his extension these contracts will look like nothing, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Danger said:

Man, this Dingo is bricked.

Let me put it this way, what other team has let a Superbowl winning starting QB walk ? (Short of injury/Old Age) I'll wait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Dak going to get the first fully guaranteed contract somehow whereas Wentz is gonna shatter into 20 million pieces.

Also the eagles let the wrong QB and paid the wrong one. 

Mahoney or Mayfield will get the first one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Danger said:

No, he wasn't lmfao.

Dak played better in his last 8-9 games, but you LOVE to ignore that Dak wasn't bottom 5 in the league for an entire season's stretch less than a year ago. You can cherry pick your statistics all you want, it doesn't make you right. You're comparing cherry picked stats to natural progression.

The only knock on Carson you can legitimately have is his durability concerns. 

Ok homie. Here are the stats again. Last 11 games each player played:

Dak 3061 yards

Wentz 3167 yards

Dak 70% completion on a 7.74 YPA (7.94 ANY/A)

Wentz 69.6% comp on a 7.7 YPA (7.9 ANY/A)

Dak 101 QB rating

Wentz 102 QB rating

Dak and Wentz both 22 total TDs

Dak 11 total INT/Fumbles

Wentz 16 total INT/Fumbles

 

Would you agree they are pretty much the same? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First 24 games:

Dak 5819 yards -  474/718 - 66% comp - 49 TDs - 8 INTS  - 109 QB Rating <=== not perfect, includes run totals

Wentz 6037 yards -  540/871 - 62% comp - 37 TDs - 19 INTs - 88 QB Rating. <=== not perfect, includes run totals

 

So again. Dak>>> Wentz their first 24 games. 

Edited by Matts4313

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

how was last year a mess? I mean for a guy with a broken back I'd say a 102 passer rating is pretty good. 

I mean he was. He never should have came back so soon. It clearly messed up his game and he was very predictable though they had success, somewhat. I think even he would admit that that. I do agree the lack of run game did not help either. The Eagles are stacked this year so there really is zero excuse for them not to take the division. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Let me put it this way, what other team has let a Superbowl winning starting QB walk ? (Short of injury/Old Age) I'll wait. 

You don't see the forrest through the trees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×