Eagles extend Wentz through 2024 season

DeJack_10

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

$26m under this year.

$42M over the cap next year. 

EDIT: ^^^^ that maybe wrong. They have Wentz listed twice. Maybe just $20m over in 2020. 

Eagles were also over the cap going into this offseason and look how that turned out...

Howie makes the salary cap his ***** 

47 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Eagles were also over the cap going into this offseason and look how that turned out...

Howie makes the salary cap his ***** 

Matts said the same exact thing going into this offseason too. He’ll pick it up eventually. 

15 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

Matt’s is literally everywhere pumping up Dak / putting down Wentz 😂

He’s obsessed. I’ve said it before, I’ve never seen anyone try to tell me that someone’s a good footballer so much in my entire life. Either he is or he isn’t. Or he’s just average. Which is ok. Not everyone is Joe Montana. But don’t pee on my leg and tell me it’s raining. I shouldn’t have to debate whether it’s pee or rain over and over and over. Just let it be. It is what it is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

He’s obsessed. I’ve said it before, I’ve never seen anyone try to tell me that someone’s a good footballer so much in my entire life. Either he is or he isn’t. Or he’s just average. Which is ok. Not everyone is Joe Montana. But don’t pee on my leg and tell me it’s raining. I shouldn’t have to debate whether it’s pee or rain over and over and over. Just let it be. It is what it is. 

To be fair, I feel the same exact way about the entire eagles fanbase and Wentz. 

14 minutes ago, Phire said:

Yup. If you're a top QB you're gonna get paid. Might as well lock him in now before the market moves even higher with some of these other young QBs about to get paid too. I'm good with it.

The big win, and the reason I am upset Dak didnt sign first, is the new CBA is expected to give another couple percentage points of TV contracts to the salary cap.

We could see the cap jump ~$25-50m that year. By the time Mahomes signs, it wouldnt shock me if he is over $40m+/year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

What’s all the issues with the money, injuries aside? Of course it’s a lot of money. It’s the most important position in sports. 

6 years 154M. 25.6 per. Good for about 8th most for QBs. Looks like a good deal to me. I hear the injury concern but assuming he’s healthy this is a home run for the Eagles FO. 

Posted in another thread but what’s the problem?

Just now, Jroc04 said:

If you don’t know that Carson is a good football player, I don’t know what to tell you. 

You guys hype Wentz like he is top 5 QB in the NFL. Because you all are insane and no one agrees with you. 

Wentz and Dak are both firmly in the #10-15 range right now. Wentz maybe #11 and Dak 13 or something, but the gap is much more small than this forum believes. 

Most the time you all arguing I am "Hyping Dak" and "Bashing Wentz", when really I am just explaining that the two are in the same ball park. So whenever you all say "LOL Cowboys screwed with Dak, Were so smart with Wentz" I have to respond "You guys are super biased". 

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Also, by this guys terms had the best second year ever by a QB right under Marino. Arbitrary stats or whatever you want, but producing is producing. You can’t negate all of that. 

Daks last 11 games (after new OL coach and Cooper) - which is the same amount of games that Wentz played (both 11):

101 QB rating

70% completions

Both had 22 TDs

Both had the same amount ballpark of yard

Dak had less INT/Fumbles

Dak had like a 8-3 record, Wentz 5-6.

But one is a god and the other is dogish - right? 

Edited by Matts4313

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You guys hype Wentz like he is top 5 QB in the NFL. Because you all are insane and no one agrees with you. 

Wentz and Dak are both firmly in the #10-15 range right now. Wentz maybe #11 and Dak 13 or something, but the gap is much more small than this forum believes. 

Most the time you all arguing I am "Hyping Dak" and "Bashing Wentz", when really I am just explaining that the two are in the same ball park. So whenever you all say "LOL Cowboys screwed with Dak, Were so smart with Wentz" I have to respond "You guys are super biased". 

Optimally, Wentz is top 5 easy. Optimally Dak is top 10. What’s to not understand?