Eagles extend Wentz through 2024 season

DeJack_10

25 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You are weirding me out about the OL.

Smith is slightly better than Peters - both have injury concerns 

Whomever your LG is was light years better than ours (they gave up 15.5 sacks)

Kelce>>>>> Joe Looney

Zack Martin >>>>> Your RG

Lane Johnson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lael Collins.

You guys win 3 positions, we win 1, and we tie-ish on one.

Am I missing something? 

I wasn’t too enamored about our OL last year. Peters is constantly beat up, Wiz or Isaac at LG are forgettable, Kelce is great, Brooks is really good, and Lane is one of, if not the best, RT in the league. I’m probably being too hard on them. They were overall good. And better than the Cowboys with all their injuries. 

44 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You are weirding me out about the OL.

Smith is slightly better than Peters - both have injury concerns 

Whomever your LG is was light years better than ours (they gave up 15.5 sacks)

Kelce>>>>> Joe Looney

Zack Martin >>>>> Your RG

Lane Johnson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lael Collins.

You guys win 3 positions, we win 1, and we tie-ish on one.

Am I missing something? 

The difference between Zack Martin and Bradnon Brooks is not the same as Kelce and Joe Looney come on. While Zack Martin is great, Brandon Brooks is a very good RG.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

The difference between Zack Martin and Bradnon Brooks is not the same as Kelce and Joe Looney come on. While Zack Martin is great, Brandon Brooks is a very good RG.

O.o

Thats what you took from that? 

It wasnt supposed to be accurate. I just held the button down for a few seconds. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

O.o

Thats what you took from that? 

It wasnt supposed to be accurate. I just held the button down for a few seconds. 

I wasn´t going to go into your daily Dak vs Wentz thread. Specially when you have admitted Wentz is better but still (for some reason) argue otherwise. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

The big win, and the reason I am upset Dak didnt sign first, is the new CBA is expected to give another couple percentage points of TV contracts to the salary cap.

We could see the cap jump ~$25-50m that year. By the time Mahomes signs, it wouldnt shock me if he is over $40m+/year. 

The issue is, you can’t assume you’re actually “locking up” these guys before the new TV contract kicks in. Guess what happens when all that new money starts rolling in... players on the last 1 or 2 years of their contracts start demanding more, just ask Trent Williams, Darius Slay, Leveon Bell, Damon Harrison, the Seahawks players after Wilson got paid, etc. I imagine it’ll be far more widespread of a problem once the new CBA kicks in. When you see a “bargain” contract two-three years from now, the players will too, and most of them will do something about it. 

Edited by HTTRG3Dynasty

41 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

The issue is, you can’t assume you’re actually “locking up” these guys before the new TV contract kicks in. Guess what happens when all that new money starts rolling in... players on the last 1 or 2 years of their contracts start demanding more, just ask Trent Williams, Darius Slay, Leveon Bell, Damon Harrison, the Seahawks players after Wilson got paid, etc. I imagine it’ll be far more widespread of a problem once the new CBA kicks in. When you see a “bargain” contract two-three years from now, the players will too, and most of them will do something about it. 

Wentz's contract doesnt kick in until the new CBA. 

The Eagles were really smart here. I hate them for it. 

17 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

It is what it is. If you’re a franchise QB, you will likely at one point become the most highest paid player ever lol. 

The good news is Dak and co could use this as their bench mark in negotiations. What kind of message would Cowboys brass be sending Dak’s team if they’re not willing to sign him to Carson money?

This.  Jerry just changed his soiled pair of Depends after this news. It's  going to be comical watching them tell Dak and his Agent, you're the Man,  our FQBOTF but we need you to sign for 25M in order to win a possible SB. Ignore the market! Remember,  you have the Star on your helmet!!

I generally don't participate in the daily wentz dak debates. I will say however, that the Eagles oline for the first third of the season was not anywhere as good as they were for the rest of the season. Wentz was getting blasted, so was foles when he was in early. Lane was playing on a high ankle sprain for weeks and was giving up pressures practically every play until he was healed.

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Yeah they have two years to chip away at that number, and the cap pool will be going way up soon. Was so smart to get it done now.

It did screw you guys with Dak, I’m sure the Cowboys would’ve preferred a Cousins type deal. Or a front loaded one with optionality later on. Now they are stuck. Even more so if Goff gets done too.

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah they have two years to chip away at that number, and the cap pool will be going way up soon. Was so smart to get it done now.

It did screw you guys with Dak, I’m sure the Cowboys would’ve preferred a Cousins type deal. Or a front loaded one with optionality later on. Now they are stuck. Even more so if Goff gets done too.

With cap-carry over, there is really no point in front loading deals any more. But the rumor for Dak was $30m/yr. Number probably just jumped 5-10%

6 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Looking at the NFL News thread. I didn´t realize Carson is actually underrated 

Dude gets literally no respect. He's basically just Andy Dalton maybe slightly better to most people.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:
10 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Looking at the NFL News thread. I didn´t realize Carson is actually underrated 

Dude gets literally no respect. He's basically just Andy Dalton maybe slightly better to most people.

I dont know man. I think he is just extremely overrated on this particular forum. Even on Reddit if you post "Wentz is overrated" you are guaranteed to get upvoted to the heavens.... and the Eagles fanbase is the largest on Reddit. 

Realistically Wentz would be right around a #10 QB currently. You are going to find people who would take players like Baker Mayfield over him, because Wentz is made of glass. Others who look at Wentz and see the same thing I do. A guy who tore the NFL up for one ~10 game stretch his sophomore season and really has not looked like that in the other 30 games. Which is ironic. Because Dak has been better for all but 10 games and you all think he is a pile of flaming dog poop.

People have short memories. All they remember is Wentz being hurt. Again. For the 3rd year in 3 years. He needs to change the narrative.

Next year is going to be really important for him. If he lights the league on fire, people will start throwing him in/near the top 5 again. And really, he has no reason not to. One of the better OL, TE, WR groups in the entire league. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

A guy who tore the NFL up for one ~10 game stretch his sophomore season and really has not looked like that in the other 30 games.

This is just a false rhetoric.

Carson had a passer rating over 98.0 in 9 of 11 games this past season, over 108.0 in 7 of 11 games. His only truly BAD performance came on the road at the Saints.

The Rookie season for QBs over the past decade has proven time and time again to be relatively unimportant in a QBs  long term performance.