Eagles extend Wentz through 2024 season

DeJack_10

1 hour ago, RBreezy said:

Matt’s sits in his basement all day, crunching numbers on Prescott vs Wentz, scouring the internet for any Dak/Wentz argument he can jump into 

I dont even remember the last time we got in a Wentz/Dak debate. So I started getting an itch. And a twitch. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Thoroughly convinced the Eagles front office was content with franchising Wentz next year if they couldnt get a team friendly deal. Then someone said you know if we make him the highest paid QB, we can really screw Dallas.

Dont be so full of yourselves....

...we did it to screw Andy Reid. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Dont be so full of yourselves....

...we did it to screw Andy Reid. 

I heard that Mahomes agent wont even allow him to sign major endorsement deals yet. I think it Nike that wanted to sign him mid last season, and they were like, nah, triple that offer or no deal 

KC is going to be screwed. 

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I heard that Mahomes agent wont even allow him to sign major endorsement deals yet. I think it Nike that wanted to sign him mid last season, and they were like, nah, triple that offer or no deal 

KC is going to be screwed. 

If he keeps it up, he’s going to be a megastar. They might as well give him a piece of the Chiefs. 

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

If he keeps it up, he’s going to be a megastar. They might as well give him a piece of the Chiefs. 

go full robert downey jr. ask for a percentage of all future sales while he's still in the league. quickest billionaire to ever exist.

7 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Matt’s sits in his basement all day, crunching numbers on Prescott vs Wentz, scouring the internet for any Dak/Wentz argument he can jump into 

I wish everyone would just stop responding to his posts.

He's clearly never going to even consider changing his mind. What's the point?

On 6/7/2019 at 8:35 AM, Matts4313 said:

Last thing on the Dak/Wentz, because I dont want to flood your Wentz contract thread:

When Dak had the better weapons, he was a 100+ QB rating guy and Wentz was <80. 

When Dak had the worse weapons, he was mid 80s QB rating guy and Wentz was >100.

When Dak had worse weapons, but Wentz was coming back from injury, they were both ~100 QB rating guys. 

Those are their careers in a nutshell. I think going forward (barring injuries, surrounding talent) both QBs will be consistently in that ~100-108 QB rating range. 

hey man to each their own.. if you're a Dak guy, you're a Dak guy... We'll continue to be a Wentz guy even if he wasn't Philly's QB 

On 6/7/2019 at 5:28 PM, SweetFancyMoses said:

Thoroughly convinced the Eagles front office was content with franchising Wentz next year if they couldnt get a team friendly deal. Then someone said you know if we make him the highest paid QB, we can really screw Dallas.

there are a lot of young qbs in the nfl right now signing yours first is the smartest move.

LOL
I don't have a problem with Matts coming here and questioning the Eagles.
The Eagles have not been perfect.
No team has.
So, have at it.

But, the Eagles were astute in extending Wentz now.
By every indication he will be one of the best QB's in the near-to-extended future.
A good contract, coupled with the extra picks, will give the Eagles flexibility ..... flexibility that other teams won't have.

The criticism of Wentz is obscure.
A veritable what-if-o-rama.
Bully for them.

Everyone is acting like this is baseball analytics.
"On 3rd down and >10 yards to go in road games against at least three DB's over 6'2" he farts in the huddle."
Seriously.
It is all random.

Why does everyone feel the need to match statistics with other statistics.

Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Eli Manning and, oh yeah, Nick Foles.
Statistics?

2 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

LOL
No team has.
So, have at it.

But, the Eagles were astute in extending Wentz now.
By every indication he will be one of the best QB's in the near-to-extended future.
A good contract, coupled with the extra picks, will give the Eagles flexibility ..... flexibility that other teams won't have.

The criticism of Wentz is obscure.
A veritable what-if-o-rama.
Bully for them.

Everyone is acting like this is baseball analytics.
"On 3rd down and >10 yards to go in road games against at least three DB's over 6'2" he farts in the huddle."
Seriously.
It is all random.

Why does everyone feel the need to match statistics with other statistics.

Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Eli Manning and, oh yeah, Nick Foles.
Statistics?

Lol😆🤣 sorry, but you’re being super wishful rn.  

7 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

Just to go on the record, again, I think the Eagles did the smart thing locking him up first. A tad bit on the high side, but overall a good choice. 

8 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Lol😆🤣 sorry, but you’re being super wishful rn.  

I don't see what's wishful about it. It's likely that in the last 2-3 years of this deal Wentz will be making $28 Million AAV and the guys who are just signing extensions like Mayfield and Mahomes will be getting closer to an AAV of $40 million a season. Not to mention the cap is going to skyrocket between now and then.

Edited by Danger