Dolphinmeister

New head Coaches in the losing Era 05 till now.

Posted (edited)

With a new HC this year I looked back at other new Miami head coaches in the losing era which I am counting as 2004 season until now. Dave Wanstedt was the last coach Miami has had  what I consider a winning tenure. He had in order 11-5, 11-5, 9-7, 10-6 seasons his first 4 years as head coach but only 1 playoff win and that was his first year as coach. in 2004 he and the Dolphins started the season 1-8 and he  was fired at that point, Jim Bates finished up the season as HC with a respectable 3-4 end to the season.

With a 4- 12 season in 2004 it has been pretty much mediocrity ever since with each new coach  pretty much having their best season the first season of there tenure.

Saban ……………….. 9-7, 6-10- quit

Camron...…………….1-15 - fired

Sparano...…………. 11-5, 7-9, 7-9, 4-9 - fired

Philbin………………… 7-9, 8-8, 8-8, 1-3 - fired

Gase.…………………..10-6, 6-10, 7-9, - fired 

I have no clue what to expect this season but based on the last 5 coaches it is going to be about as good as it is going to get unde Flores this season? I hope not but since 2004 this franchise has become expert at being lukewarm and there are not many things in life that are good lukewarm. If this season goes well and Miami should happen to win 7 to nine games it will only make me the more skeptical about next season, I almost think a 3-5 game winning seasons would be reason for a little more hope for the future instead of a so so non playoff 7 to 9 win season for Flores first year.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Dolphinmeister

Sparano...first season, playoffs.

Gase...first season, playoffs.

B-Flo...first season, playoffs. 

Trend witness!