Mafia Registration and General Discussion Thread

rackcs

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

To Baltimore with you

Woah woah, I said I expected to be modelled, not sent straight to the depths of hell

Never mind I see the autocorrect mistake. Goddamn thing.

Edited by rackcs

14 hours ago, Malfatron said:

anyone else for Death Note mafia?

Writing down's someone name in mafia will finally make god damn sense. Also yes. 

14 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

You really shouldn't let some idiotic kids keep you from enjoying what is probably the best cat and mouse story ever written, tbh.

I'm not a huge fan of anime either (but I've been coming around to a few) but Death Note is fantastic and its story transcends the medium. It's wholly worth the watch.

Double this, one of the few anime I've watched and it is pretty much the one anime you can recommend to anyone. 

9 hours ago, Malfatron said:

the anime is on netflix too

do not watch the live action movie

FYI the movie is getting a sequel and is the most viewed death note media ever. 

4 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

absolutely sickened by this bureaucracy

but also have a game i’d like to run early june if possible if y’all can bear with my timezone differences and my busy schedule

I hope you mean july otherwise you might need to turn your calendar upside down. 

• Like 3

i mean, you cant. because the movie is like 90 minutes and the anime is like 26 episodes.

Only half of them are worth watching though. We all know when it falls apart

• Like 2

i mean, you cant. because the movie is like 90 minutes and the anime is like 26 episodes.

Never tell me the odds. 

I have a fast forward button, as well as slo-mo

• Like 1

Just now, Malfatron said:

thats 100 percent true.

theres a big dropoff in quality after a perfect place

Weirdly, I thought the Japanese live action adaptation (not the Netflix version) handled what had to happen better than the anime did. Had the anime ended in that manner, it would have been perfect (even if it would have had to be like 8 episodes shorter)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Only half of them are worth watching though. We all know when it falls apart

I disagree. While there's a drop off in quality after that event, I still enjoyed the episodes after. Still worth watching.

I must say though - I wish they went with the ending of the Japanese Live Action Movies. That was, by far, the best ending for Death Note.

If you never watched the Japanese Live Action Movies, they wrap up by:

L writing his own name in the death note (with the time of death being the maximum time of death which iirc was a couple weeks later) so when Rem tries to kill him it fails since the Death Note was already used on him. He later catches Light in a sting operation .

Loved this ending because it allowed L to defeat Light but he still had to sacrifice himself to do it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I disagree. While there's a drop off in quality after that event, I still enjoyed the episodes after. Still worth watching.

I must say though - I wish they went with the ending of the Japanese Live Action Movies. That was, by far, the best ending for Death Note.

If you never watched the Japanese Live Action Movies, they wrap up by:

Reveal hidden contents

L writing his own name in the death note (with the time of death being the maximum time of death which iirc was a couple weeks later) so when Light finds out L's name and tries to write down his name, he catches Light in a sting operation because L can't die due to his name already being written down.

Loved this ending because it allowed L to defeat Light but he still had to sacrifice himself to do it.

Yup, agree wholeheartedly about the live action ending. Definitely should have been the way they went