Bold Prediction: Miami Dolphins will win AT LEAST 5 GAMES

Activated10

Miami Dolphins   

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with OP?

• Yes, I can see Dolphins surprising people this year
    • Haha, hell no! No way Dolphins win more than 4 games!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/01/2019 at 01:02 PM

Miami Dolphins are currently the betting favorite of being the worst team in the NFL. Due to lack of roster talent, rookie HC and no confidence in QBs.

I believe the Miami Dolphins will struggle in the first half of the season, winning a game or 2. Then in the 2nd half of the season, the players will be more comfortable with the system and play with more confidence leading to more Ws. Overall I got Dolphins finishing 6-10.

I believe Brian Flores was a great hire for Miami Dolphins and will become the first successful coach from Belichick tree (Maybe 2nd if you believe O'Brian is a success, seems like Texans fans either love him or hate him so there's no consensus if he's good coach or not.)

Brian Flores has the right personality to be successful head coach. He demands respect and hard work from his players but is also approachable and relatable to his players based on the interviews I've watched. He isn't going to be my or the highway prick like Patricia or sneaky can't be trusted backstabber like McDaniels. 

Also it seems like Brian Flores and his staff actually coach their players to work on weaknesses and are actually HONEST WITH THEIR PLAYERS, something Adam Gase and his coaching staff failed to do, look at the quote from Minak Fitzpatrick 

An example: When the former first-round pick reported to work Monday, he sat down with defensive coordinator Patrick Graham to review his practice tape.

Most specifically, they went through a cut-up of Fitzpatrick’s bad plays.

“He was telling me, ‘This is what you need to focus on. This is what you need to do. This is what you need to get better,’” Fitzpatrick recalled. “Then they showed me some of the good plays. Some of the things that I was doing well. Some of the things I’ve improved on. It really helped me. Because it’s humbling. They’re not going to lie to you. I love and appreciate it, because great coaches are not going to lie to players. I think it’s definitely good that they coach us like that.”

Honesty is an important trait for Coaches, seems like Brian Flores and his coaching staff have that in spades. 

Dolphins don't look like they have talent atm but I believe Flores and his staff will coach these players well enough to unearth some hidden gems this season. 

Last but not least, Josh Rosen will be the franchise QB the Dolphins fans have been crying for since Marino. He might struggle at first but playing in Caldwell/Oshea system is going to be perfect fit for Rosen. Caldwell coached Peyton Manning, Rosen has similar personalty to Peyton as he's always going to want to keep asking more and more questions to get more answers to become more intelligent to improve his game. Caldwell can handle that personality and will thrive in it. Oshea came from Patriots and you damn well know Billicheck encourages his players to ask questions. So Rosen personality fits the coaches great, now let's to his game. 

What are Peyton and Brady game style, pure pocket passers who know how to diagnose the defenses pre snap. 

Those are Rosen strengths from his draft profile and you could see flashes of that during his rookie season so not only his personality match with Dolphins coaches, his playstyle does as well. It's a beautiful match. 

Be excited Dolphins fans, it's going to be rough early on but by the end of the season, it's going to be a fun ride! 

Final Prediction = 6-10 (It could go down to 5-11 when I do my final season predictions, no less than 5 wins though.) 

Edited by Activated10

On 2019-06-07 at 8:25 AM, freak_of_nature said:

I predict 4-12 right now. Miami has talent, but has no pass rush and the OL is very shaky. The DB group is good. The LB are fine. RB and WR are fine. (I actually really like our WR and RB personnel)

I see the Dolphins having an above average defense, maybe top 10. Pass defense is going to be your guys speciality. 

On 2019-06-07 at 5:54 PM, ClutchDJ said:

I’ll be extremely surprised. I think there’s a good chance Miami goes 2-14.

Roster is lacking talent & imagine hiring a DC in today’s game WHILE being a Belichick Assistant. 

Sheesh.

I believe Flores is different from the Patriots coaching tree. He seems to be his own man and isn't trying to be copy of Belichick. Dolphins look like they won't have talent now but I believe they'll unearth some hidden gems. 

28 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Im being serious. I see a Colts like surge. Everyone thought theyd be the worst team last year. 

Can you give more of detailed analysis why you see this happening because that's big statement you're making. 

13 hours ago, Activated10 said:

Can you give more of detailed analysis why you see this happening because that's big statement you're making. 

I think Miami will have a top 5 rushing offense with Drake. I like Stills, Parker and Brice with some Wilson sprinkled in on screens enough to get Fitz some fitzmagic games early. I think Gesicki has a breakout year in year 2. Plus i think Allen will be used alot more in Mia with Gesicki once Rosen takes over. I think if Fitzzy starts early, he will use his outside guys.

I think when Rosen takes over by week 7, you will see Oshea's effect on a high percentage, short passing game with tons of play action for some big plays.

I think Flores will have that secondary with X, Minkah, TJ and company playing at a very high level and creating tons of turnovers (Rowe will surprise in his play). I think their rush defense will struggle. Im not crazy about their dline. I do love Wilkins tho. I like Kiko and think Baker has a big 2nd year. But they will mainly contribute in the passing game.

Mainly... Dolphins were 7-9 with the 26th & 27th scoring offense and defense. One of those units will drastically improve and get them 3 to 4 extra wins.  Dolphins if not mistaken open the season 4 of 5 at home... im not crazy about the NFCE this year. I think AFCN as a whole takes a step back.

I legit like Miami for 10 to 11 wins. I know this is the beaten donkey in the room. But i think this is finally.....18 years later that NE takes a considerable step back.

Edited by Bearerofnews