Bold Prediction: Miami Dolphins will win AT LEAST 5 GAMES

Activated10

Miami Dolphins   

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with OP?

• Yes, I can see Dolphins surprising people this year
    • Haha, hell no! No way Dolphins win more than 4 games!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/01/2019 at 01:02 PM

Also beyond the more logical approach or actual football analysis side of things that drive me to my assumptions or predictions... alot of it is predicated on "just football". The ebbs and flows of football and just how parody trends in the NFL are consistent. Ive noticed alot more than not, in mainly football whatever the consensus opinion is prior to the start of the season... its a safer bet to pick against that than not. It's like most fans seem to be so short sighted to these trends that have so much empirical data to backup how sporadic the NFL is year in and year out. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

They’re similar to Buffalo. Strong back 7 on defense, QB with potential, but no playmakers on offense.

They have some explosive playmakers, but 2 of them got injured halfway through the season. They're a big reason why Miami started the season 4-2.

They really need an OL who can pass protect. 

I'm still a little miffed about passing on Dallas Goedert in favor of Mike Gesicki at #40. Hopefully I'm proven wrong. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

They’re similar to Buffalo. Strong back 7 on defense, QB with potential, but no playmakers on offense.

They have playmakers. I’d say they’re around the middle of the pack when it comes to offensive skill players. Their OL and pass rush is so bad that it does make them a candidate for worst in the NFL, but it’s not exactly like they have a barren cupboard. If Rosen is as good as he was supposed to be, Miami will be in the playoffs in the next year or two. I think Rosen outplays Murray by the way. 

21 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Seems like a fair comparison.  I'd have way more confidence in Buffalo though.  Allen showed more life last year than Rosen, and he's in the same system with the same team going into this year.  Rosen is starting over.

But yeah, I had Wilkins ranked pretty much identically to Ed Oliver, so they both landed class A defensive tackles and good overall drafts this year.  As much as I think the OP has unrealistic expectations for the team, if Rosen finally catches up to NFL speed this season, they could win some games.  I just don't expect that to happen with him starting from scratch.

DTs don't usually do much in year 1 either.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

They have playmakers. I’d say they’re around the middle of the pack when it comes to offensive skill players. Their OL and pass rush is so bad that it does make them a candidate for worst in the NFL, but it’s not exactly like they have a barren cupboard. If Rosen is as good as he was supposed to be, Miami will be in the playoffs in the next year or two. I think Rosen outplays Murray by the way. 

I wish I could put Drake, X Howard, and our 3 good WR's in a cryo chamber for 1-2 years until the OL became good. 

On 6/9/2019 at 10:26 AM, Bearerofnews said:

IMainly... Dolphins were 7-9 with the 26th & 27th scoring offense and defense. One of those units will drastically improve and get them 3 to 4 extra wins. 

You're the first person I've seen who noticed that little tidbit of information about them being ranked near the bottom in both offense and defense yet stealing 7 wins regardless. Gase was good at the grind-it-out ugly wins where the offensive and defensive stats are horrific yet the team would pull a win outta their butt anyway. 

But you can't sustain the Butt Wins like that over time, the ball bounces a different way a few times and suddenly the 10-6 team is a 2-14 team. At some point you have to get actually good and earn some lopsided wins with talent and coaching. 

I'm not going to lie that I hate that we  have to play there early in the season.

Miami's stadium is really brutal for visiting teams to play in during day games early in the year when it is hot. The stadium is literally designed so that the home sideline is in the shade and the visiting sideline is in the sun.

That and the Chargers haven't won there since like 1981.