The Forgotten Man

RSkinGM

32 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I mean maybe? His 3.5 ypc wasn't ideal either. 

That's a point too but he's still young. 6.0 ypc at Okla. and 49 TD's in 3 years . I just want to see him get a fair chance. 

I don’t think Samaje is a forgotten man. I do think he has talent and flashed some as a rookie in 2017, but if Guice shows he’s healthy then Samaje will once again be inactive most of the year or even cut/traded before the season starts.

It sucks, because I loved the selection of Samaje and I really wanted him to take the starting RB job by the horns as a rookie and show he was head and shoulders above Rob Kelley, but Samaje didn’t do that. 

He’ll get a chance once again to prove he deserves to make the team but sadly, I think he’s either going to be inactive most of all of this season again or cut/traded before the season starts.

I thought this was a Jimmy Moreland thread, guys is seriously underrated and unappreciated. Can't believe he was a 7th round pick!!

Anyways, Jay Gruden is not to be taken seriously. PErine got 8 carries last year, so either he's not very good (and Gruden this praise means nothing), or he really is good and Jay is an idiot for not getting him the ball at all last year. I'd say it's probably more the former than the latter. Samaje doesn't offer much as a spell back, and isn't good enough to be an every down back.

• Like 1

Another thing, if we hadn't signed Peterson after Guice tore his ACL last year then, Perine would have been our main back most of the season. The sad thing is that Perine had weeks to prove that he could be our future back last training camp and preseason and he didn't do it for the second year in a row. Let's not forget that Rob Kelly beat Perine out in 2017 & 18.

So, as Jeezy said, is Perine the forgotten man, or is he just not that good?

Perine is a thumper who doesn't have much speed and explosion. That's an issue in today NFL. He'd do himself some good by dropping 10-15 pounds and becoming quicker and faster but to my knowledge he hasn't done that.

With the drafting of Bryce Love in April, it's my thought that Perine will be traded or cut in August if Bryce is healthy enough to play or sometime during the season if Bryce starts the season on PUP and becomes active in say December.

I think best scenario Perine can hope for is that Bryce is redshirted the entire 2019 season and so Perine remains on team all season. Still though, if that happens, he could see himself traded next offseason if Guice & Bryce are healthy.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

Just now, turtle28 said:

Another thing, if we hadn't signed Peterson after Guice tore his ACL last year then, Perine would have been our main back most of the season. The sad thing is that Perine had weeks to prove that he could be our future back last training camp and preseason and he didn't do it for the second year in a row. Let's not forget that Rob Kelly beat Perine out in 2017 & 18.

So, as Jeezy said, is Perine the forgotten man, or is he just not that good?

Perine is a thumper who doesn't have much speed and explosion. That's an issue in today NFL. He'd do himself some good by dropping 10-15 pounds and becoming quicker and faster but to my knowledge he hasn't done that.

So ... umm ... yeah ... was gonna write that.

Way for stealing my words before I knew I was going to put them down! :D:D:D

• Like 2