Ahtyba Rubin could be out in Seattle

turtle28

With Sheldon Richardson in, Ahtyba Rubin could be out

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/02/with-sheldon-richardson-in-ahtyba-rubin-could-be-out/ via @ProFootballTalk

"The swap-happy Seahawks may still have more moves to make, especially with defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson now in town. There’s currently chatter in some league circles that veteran defensive lineman Ahtyba Rubin will be traded on Saturday.

Which of course means that, if he’s not traded, he could be cut."

56 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

With Sheldon Richardson in, Ahtyba Rubin could be out

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/02/with-sheldon-richardson-in-ahtyba-rubin-could-be-out/ via @ProFootballTalk

"The swap-happy Seahawks may still have more moves to make, especially with defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson now in town. There’s currently chatter in some league circles that veteran defensive lineman Ahtyba Rubin will be traded on Saturday.

Which of course means that, if he’s not traded, he could be cut."

Can he play NT and how good was he ? 

4 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Can he play NT and how good was he ? 

His position is NT. He's been a good run defender since he came into the NFL. The last time the Browns D was good, they had Rubin at NT & Phil Taylor playing the DE spot in their 3-4.

20 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

His position is NT. He's been a good run defender since he came into the NFL. The last time the brown D wax good, they had Rubin at NT & Phil Taylor playing the DE spot in their 3-4.

While technically true, the Browns also felt the need to draft a nose tackle at #12 to replace Rubin (and Taylor) in 2015. 

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

McGee will play NT for us.  He's listed as 340 lbs and is primarily a run stuffer.

I'm not so sure because he's a 5-technique which is the only one of our DL who two-gaps. I think we need him to stay at that position but I could be wrong. It's anyone's guess at this point. I just hope Johnathan Allen starts. If he doesn't, I think  we'll all be really upset.

Just now, turtle28 said:

I'm not so sure because he's a 5-technique which is the only one of our DL who two-gaps. I think we need him to stay at that position but I could be wrong. It's anyone's guess at this point.

He shouldn't be playing 5 tech he's a run stuffer.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

He shouldn't be playing 5 tech he's a run stuffer.

The 5-tech two gaps, the others don't. For a two-gap DE you need them to have long arms, that's why he's been starting and playing that position. He's the only one on the DL who is occupying an OL, the other 2 DL are shooting gaps.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

The 5-tech two gaps, the others don't. For a two-gap DE you need them to have long arms, that's why he's been starting and playing that position. He's the only one on the DL who is occupying an OL, the other 2 DL are shooting gaps.

He's occupying OL, other two are attacking.  That's a NT.

Archived