If NFL expands again, what cities are possibilities?

turtle28

42 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Maybe they view it as being too close to Atlanta? Not sure.

I agree with OKC though. I think they'd be the most likely to get an expansion team, followed by Portland and Toronto.

I could honestly see Vancouver or somewhere in British Columbia as more likely than Portland.  I think you stand a chance of picking up some of those non-coastal state Northwest fans (Montana, Idaho, possibly even some of the Dakotas), though those are relatively low population states.  I wouldn't be surprised if Omaha was a higher priority than Portland, as a standalone location; though I have trouble seeing them being keen on going into both Oklahoma City and Omaha simultaneously.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DigInBoys said:

Why?

There would be next to no tailgating in Toronto and the lots that allowed it would still be public lots for the rest of the city.

Quebec supports their football team and hockey team always. The same can't be said in Toronto unless the teams are winning (see current Blue Jay attendance numbers). The issue with both cities is they are filled with fans for all 32 teams. The NFL would have to be very, very confident that those fans would jump ship to support a local team. It certainly isn't a guarantee and the Bills in Toronto series kind of proves that as the Bills have a huge following in Western Ontario but they couldn't sell out those games and the attendees were supporting jerseys from Cincinnati to Arizona. Those games were like the united nations of NFL fans. 

On 6/9/2019 at 5:04 AM, candyman93 said:

They would probably hope Canada supports a Toronto team the same way they do the Raptors. However, they’d be competing with the CFL on their turf.

Toronto has the bills already though. I mean, its right there

I agree that 32 teams is a great size.  Anymore and it might reduce the skill of the game as well and might cause for fans to lose interest.

Tailgating in Ontario is in the process of being approved. 

If it were a Canadian city the most deserving would be Saskatchewan. For such a small city they go crazy for the Roughriders. It won't be them though.

Just now, SwoleXmad said:

Pick the 2 teams you'd send to oblivion then. 

Probably one of the LA teams and one of the New York teams. No reason to have 2 teams in each city. Jacksonville and Carolina were the last to join so I wouldn't be sad if they were gone.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Probably one of the LA teams and one of the New York teams. No reason to have 2 teams in each city. Jacksonville and Carolina were the last to join so I wouldn't be sad if they were gone.

nobody would notice the chargers disspearing and the jets haven't been relevant since the 70's so fair. 

• Like 2

32 is perfect but I would be fine if the Chargers & New England went away. Isn't Buffalo & 2 NY teams enough for the New England area? 

I feel like the Browns & Bengals should merge since the Bengals play at Paul Brown Stadium and what not. 

Edited by UtahUtesFan