The Run Game doesnt matter

Matts4313

31 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Zeke has only played 7 games in which he did not eclipse 70 yards. 

0-7

@car <6

@Hou <6

@was >6

@ten >6

@Den<6

@NYG<6

@LAR>6

Strange that even when you pick out a random cut off number, it still lines up pretty well with Dak being good or not. 

2 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Matts, just do my challenge... compare Dak’s stats when Zeke plays well compared to when doesn’t play or gets stopped.

So I provide you league-wide analysis by multiple researchers, and your response is for me to go do anecdotal leg work on a very small sample set.

Dont think that holds up in court. 

Daks best games by AY/A:

NYG 2018 10.6, Zeke 0 yards

WAS 2018 10.6, Zeke 121 yards

NO 2018  9.6, Zeke 75

DET 2018 10.9, Zeke 152

ARZ 2017 12.4, Zeke 80 yards

SFO 2017 11.7, Zeke 147

NYG 2017 13.1, Zeke 0 yards

DET 2016 13.6, Zeke 80 yards

CLE 2016 11.4, Zeke 92 yards

PIT 2016 11.2, Zeke 114

CHI 2016 11.2, Zeke 140

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ His best 3-4 games each year.

The top 3? Zeke had 80, 80 and 0 yards. 

So even your little trial proves you wrong @The_Slamman 

53 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

@car <6

@Hou <6

@was >6

@ten >6

@Den<6

@NYG<6

@LAR>6

Strange that even when you pick out a random cut off number, it still lines up pretty well with Dak being good or not. 

No it doesn't. 

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Does it bother you that you are the only one that feels the way you do?

Not at all. Truly, not at all. I posted this same debate like 3 years ago but I did it with 25 year studies. Nothing was different. 

People have been taught mantra's about football their entire life. They start to believe them. And those beliefs dont change over night. 

10 years ago HS football was ground and pound. Now its basically air raid. One of the best HS coach in the country has a philosophy - he never punts the ball no matter what down or distance. Crazy right? He also onside kicks every game. And he is winning a lot of football. 

Just last year teams started toying with the idea of going for 2 on every single extra point.

You guys are a bunch of flat earthers. But one day you will realize its round. Think outside the box. 

The game evolves. 

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

No it doesn't. 

3-4, so losing record. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

@DaBoys => Does it bother you that I know you have googled it, and you cant find anything that supports running helps you win football games? 

I've already listed our record when our running game does well vs. when it doesn't.

Multiple other people have seen it too. That's all the proof I need.

52 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Not at all. Truly, not at all. I posted this same debate like 3 years ago but I did it with 25 year studies. Nothing was different. 

People have been taught mantra's about football their entire life. They start to believe them. And those beliefs dont change over night. 

10 years ago HS football was ground and pound. Now its basically air raid. One of the best HS coach in the country has a philosophy - he never punts the ball no matter what down or distance. Crazy right? He also onside kicks every game. And he is winning a lot of football. 

Just last year teams started toying with the idea of going for 2 on every single extra point.

You guys are a bunch of flat earthers. But one day you will realize its round. Think outside the box. 

The game evolves. 

3-4, so losing record. 

Well I can respect that.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

If the running game doesn’t matter, then every team would run the Mike Leach Air Raid offense or the June Jones Run N’ Shoot. Yet, they don’t. Hmm, wonder why...

Then again, even those offenses ran the ball. So weird....

This is a common misinterpretation. That because the run game doesnt have a huge correlation, then you should pass every single play. 

That is *NOT* the findings. 

They have found whether you run 70 times or 7 times, it doesnt matter as much as passing efficiently. The #1 goal should be passing better and stopping the other team from passing well. 

14 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I don't want to go through all of the articles now, but didn't AdamJT13 do some extensive work on this topic?

He inspired me to look into this a long time ago. And there have been studies every single year that all come to the same conclusion he had 10 years ago.

12 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

This is a common misinterpretation. That because the run game doesnt have a huge correlation, then you should pass every single play. 

That is *NOT* the findings. 

They have found whether you run 70 times or 7 times, it doesnt matter as much as passing efficiently. The #1 goal should be passing better and stopping the other team from passing well. 

He inspired me to look into this a long time ago. And there have been studies every single year that all come to the same conclusion he had 10 years ago.

So do you ever think Daks best games are because the defenses are selling out to stop Zeke?

Regardless if Zeke goes for 50 or 150, you can see defenses stacking the box to stop Zeke. 

Numerous defensive players for other teams have stated, stop Zeke and force Dak to beat you.

So when Dak is on, we typically win because he is efficient. The issue I have with Dak is for him to earn $30 plus million, he needs to be consistent.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

So do you ever think Daks best games are because the defenses are selling out to stop Zeke?

Regardless if Zeke goes for 50 or 150, you can see defenses stacking the box to stop Zeke. 

Numerous defensive players for other teams have stated, stop Zeke and force Dak to beat you.

So when Dak is on, we typically win because he is efficient. The issue I have with Dak is for him to earn $30 plus million, he needs to be consistent.

Actually this is all proven false as well. 

Zeke doesnt face stacked boxes more than any other RB.  And Daks best games have no correlation to Zeke. 

And stacked boxes are by formation. 

"Let Thurman Thomas rush for 100 and I guarantee we win the Superbowl" - Bill Belichick. 

You guys smarter than him?

Edited by Matts4313