Texans fire GM Brian Gaine

RaidersAreOne

Was this like a "Draft class looked bad in OTAs" thing?  I can see firing a guy right after the draft (you decided to fire him months ago, but you didn't want to bring someone else in to run a draft they didn't prepare) but like "during organized team activities" I don't get.

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

Wow, this is shocking. Now with a 3rd GM under his watch, I wonder how hot Bill O'Brien seat will be for this season.

Texans fans, I need answers....is this as shocking to you guys as it is to me?

This is pretty completely out of the blue.

I mean, there were people unhappy with the draft, but that was mostly just fans. Nothing I'd read saying there was likely a shakeup imminent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Wow, this is shocking. Now with a 3rd GM under his watch, I wonder how hot Bill O'Brien seat will be for this season.

Texans fans, I need answers....is this as shocking to you guys as it is to me?

STUNNED...

So they hire a new GM in 2 weeks let's say, does that GM still have a pool of free agent scouts to hire? I don't hate the timing honestly, better then right after the season. This way the new GM gets control over most of the off-season, the 53 selection, all season for waiver pickups, and the full year for scouting. 

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1