Texans fire GM Brian Gaine

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Elky said:

More than likely a Rooney rule obligation, but we'll have to put @ET80 on suicide watch if they seriously hire him.

If this happens, I'm done.

39 minutes ago, game3525 said:

ET should apply for the job and then pull the ultimate power move and fire Bob. 

Fire him... From a cannon... Into the sun.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ET80 said:

Oh. My. God. 

It's my time. Destiny has presented itself. I am going to be the NEXT EFFING GM OF THE HOUSTON TEXANS!

@Forge!!!!

BRING ME SAQUAN!!!

Real talk about farmer- if he had his way we woulda drafted Mack and OBJ instead of Gilbert and Manziel but he’s literally lacks a spine and gave in to pressure

23 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Real talk about farmer- if he had his way we woulda drafted Mack and OBJ instead of Gilbert and Manziel but he’s literally lacks a spine and gave in to pressure

So - in essence - Bill O'Brien will become the GM. Because he's basically bullied two GMs out of town (it was warranted for Rick Smith, but not this one).

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So - in essence - Bill O'Brien will become the GM. Because he's basically bullied two GMs out of town (it was warranted for Rick Smith, but not this one).

I'm still trying to figure out the Infatuation with O'Brien? Does He have some incriminating evidence he is holding over the Owner?

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm still trying to figure out the Infatuation with O'Brien? Does He have some incriminating evidence he is holding over the Owner?

The more I think about it, the more I think this might be the first step in O'Brien getting fired. You're not able to fire OB right now, training camp is up in a month, a coaching change right now would be a disaster - so you start with OBs buddy and work from there.

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

The more I think about it, the more I think this might be the first step in O'Brien getting fired. You're not able to fire OB right now, training camp is up in a month, a coaching change right now would be a disaster - so you start with OBs buddy and work from there.

Or is that just what you hope is the case? ;) 

Houston needs to look at Scot Mccloughan. He’s a drinker, but he knows talent. He was a huge reason we drafted Nick Chubb and I know he wanted Baker Mayfield.

McCloughan accepted, and later assisted with the team's drafting of notable players in later rounds of the draft such as Russell Wilson, Kam Chancellor, and Richard Sherman.

Eliot Wolf and Alonzo Highsmith are other names.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Or is that just what you hope is the case? ;) 

It's possible as well, but that's what a lot of local media is thinking - Cal is making his mark on the team in his way, starting with BOBs buddy. If 11-5/division title doesn't happen (which is assuredly not going to happen, outside of an Andrew Luck injury) them Cal has the ammo he needs to remove BOB. 

The off-season as a whole - losing on Trent Brown, Roger Saffold, Tyrann Mathieu, letting Kareem Jackson walk without a phone call, getting hopped for Andre Dillard - that's ammo to make a move like this, and Cal didn't hesitate.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Houston needs to look at Scot Mccloughan. He’s a drinker, but he knows talent. He was a huge reason we drafted Nick Chubb and I know he wanted Baker Mayfield.

Eliot Wolf and Alonzo Highsmith are other names.

I think mccloughlan is a better behind the scenes guy, as another poster in the niners forum mentioned. Very nice evaluator of talent, but when he's actually been the guy in charge and making decisions, his history has been less than stellar