Texans fire GM Brian Gaine

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

Pretty much everyone in Houston is saying that Caserio will be named GM on (or before) Friday. There's also talk that it's going to be a "three headed monster" for the Texans FO, with Caserio, BOB and Jack Easterby making the decisions on the roster.

We'll see, but it's been an interesting four days. Rare to have this sort of action this late in the off-season.

i think like, best case scenario: we get our new GM and let OB have this season and see what he does with it. It seems like its going to be a difficult year so it will be interesting to see how we do. If its a bad year, i think they let OB go and our new GM gets to pick a new guy, sort of like what the browns did last year. ((im reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hoping theres a tiny tiny chance Tomlin becomes available))

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tab said:

i think like, best case scenario: we get our new GM and let OB have this season and see what he does with it. It seems like its going to be a difficult year so it will be interesting to see how we do. If its a bad year, i think they let OB go and our new GM gets to pick a new guy, sort of like what the browns did last year. ((im reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hoping theres a tiny tiny chance Tomlin becomes available))

lol if y'all hire Caserio, it will be McDaniels in 2020

6 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

lol if y'all hire Caserio, it will be McDaniels in 2020

This is my thought as well. Either McDaniels or Patricia (who I think won't make it this season in Motown).

Or, Caserio goes for the kill and tries to offer Dante Scarnecchia a HC gig. That would be pretty awesome...

On 6/8/2019 at 6:11 PM, candyman93 said:

Houston needs to look at Scot Mccloughan. He’s a drinker, but he knows talent. He was a huge reason we drafted Nick Chubb and I know he wanted Baker Mayfield.

McCloughan accepted, and later assisted with the team's drafting of notable players in later rounds of the draft such as Russell Wilson, Kam Chancellor, and Richard Sherman.

Eliot Wolf and Alonzo Highsmith are other names

where did you get this quote from? I would like to post this in the niners forum. There is some discussion in there about Mike Nolan being an amazing GM when we had Scotty McC during that time period. 

Another poster insinuated that he had nothing to do with any of those guys who seattle drafted

On 6/9/2019 at 5:19 PM, ET80 said:

On a serious note - I'm very glad none of the name are former Patriots players. That tells me that it's not a BOB move.

This being said - Jack Weatherby is the Texans SVP of Personnel Development, a role he had in New England. He's been listed as a very big influence in the FO already in Houston and will be instrumental in the hiring of the new GM per the media here. Last week, he was in New England for the ring ceremony, and was sitting and chatting with Nick Caserio the whole time...

...the very next day, Gaine was fired. Coincidence?

Nailed it!

TAM-PER-ING! TAM-PER-ING! TAM-PER-ING!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ET80 said:
On 6/9/2019 at 5:19 PM, ET80 said:

On a serious note - I'm very glad none of the name are former Patriots players. That tells me that it's not a BOB move.

This being said - Jack Weatherby is the Texans SVP of Personnel Development, a role he had in New England. He's been listed as a very big influence in the FO already in Houston and will be instrumental in the hiring of the new GM per the media here. Last week, he was in New England for the ring ceremony, and was sitting and chatting with Nick Caserio the whole time...

...the very next day, Gaine was fired. Coincidence?

Nailed it!

TAM-PER-ING! TAM-PER-ING! TAM-PER-ING!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

My sources tell me that your post was seen by the powers that be in the Patriot organization and is the sole reason tampering charges were made.

Well, my sources say you stink!

On 11.6.2019 at 1:43 PM, ET80 said:

Pretty much everyone in Houston is saying that Caserio will be named GM on (or before) Friday. There's also talk that it's going to be a "three headed monster" for the Texans FO, with Caserio, BOB and Jack Easterby making the decisions on the roster.

We'll see, but it's been an interesting four days. Rare to have this sort of action this late in the off-season.

Easterby planned all of this and used Krafts 'visits' in Florida as an excuse because he is 'Christian'.

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

Easterby planned all of this and used Krafts 'visits' in Florida as an excuse because he is 'Christian'.

Oh, it totally is. The onus is on Cal McNair and Bill O'Brien not seeing this as a tampering case waiting to happen. 

Hope it's a monetary fine only...