Sign in to follow this  
RaidersAreOne

Texans fire GM Brian Gaine

Odd timing?! I would have liked for him to have a couple of years. Wonder what broke the camel's back?!

I...um...wow.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Because like... where in blue blazes did this come from?

Whoever they put in the job, they better have a check on O'Brien.

I wonder too if BOB weighed in on the firing. Did they even talk to him before they did it, or announced it.

7 minutes ago, Dawgtx said:

I wonder too if BOB weighed in on the firing. Did they even talk to him before they did it, or announced it.

He had to have a word on this. Question is, what happened? Maybe a disagreement on Trent Williams? 

maybe this is a lesson to not just hire a GM because hes pals with BoB?

This doesn't look good. He was the first GM we had to actually attempt to fix our problem areas. The moves didn't pay off great, but to sack a guy after one year for that is pretty dumb. I have to imagine this can only mean BOB succeeded in another power grab, that means he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

i dont see how this is a power grab for BOB, and I actually think this really looks bad for him, bc this was a BOB guy. Like I wouldnt be surprised if BOB gets fired next

Hopefully this means that we are going to reboot everything after BOB screws us over again this off season. 

2 hours ago, tab said:

i dont see how this is a power grab for BOB, and I actually think this really looks bad for him, bc this was a BOB guy. Like I wouldnt be surprised if BOB gets fired next

I think the next GM hire will tell us what it is. If it's one of the NE guys (or - worse still - BOB) then I see it going sideways quickly. If it's someone outside of the NE pipeline, it's a countdown to the end of BOB.

I get it that Gaine was "BOB's guy" but remember that Nick Caserio was 1a on that list, but the request was shot down quickly and the team had to move - so they got guy #2 and went there.

I hope I'm wrong.