Texans fire GM Brian Gaine

RaidersAreOne

31 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I don’t know why people keep wanting New England guys when every one of them tanks hardcore when they leave. 

Coaches, sure. GMs have done better - Thomas Dimitrioff is doing a good job in Atlanta, Scott Pioli did a surprisingly good job in KC, but picked the wrong HCs (Romeo and Todd Haley). 

I'm holding onto some skepticism, but I'm actually encouraged by the tampering charge. Belicheck really feels strongly about what Caseiro brings to that organization, and he's not just letting him walk like others have in the past.

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I don’t know why people keep wanting New England guys when every one of them tanks hardcore when they leave. 

ive never seen the Pats care like this when a guy leaves

or maybe they dont care and just want free picks

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tab said:

does it help that we already fired him

I guess thats less terrible than keeping around a dude who systematically got rid of all the black people.

Though I struggle to see how there is a work environment in 2019 that minorities are scared to have lunch together. I thought we were 50 years past that by now. 

11 hours ago, tab said:

ive never seen the Pats care like this when a guy leaves

or maybe they dont care and just want free picks

From what Ive read and heard Esterby and Caserio are both just awesome at what they do and kind of wanted to get out of the shadow of the Pats org and do it on their own. I mean they could win superbowls and no one bats an eye. 

BUT

If they bring a FOOTBALL Championship to Houston, they'll be immortalized 

• Like 3

i dont know if this guy would have been a great GM or not, so i dont really care about losing out on him but its super embarrassing to let another team body us out of our guy. Like even if we tampered, just have the balls to admit it and get him. So lame. 

Edited by tab
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, tab said:

i dont know if this guy would have been a great GM or not, so i dont really care about losing out on him but its super embarrassing to let another team body us out of our guy. Like even if we tampered, just have the balls to admit it and get him. So lame. 

Yeah, I'm expecting the Cal McNair regime to talk big... but fail spectacularly.

• Like 2

Supposedly Belichick asked for a 1st as compensation. So with Caserio’s contract up after this season, will just not have a GM this season and hire him after the season. I don’t fault Cal for not wanting to give up Belichicks ridiculous compensation, and the majority of the GMs duties aren’t done during the season. We have a whole department of scouts and other upper personnel. Will be fine.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Supposedly Belichick asked for a 1st as compensation. So with Caserio’s contract up after this season, will just not have a GM this season and hire him after the season. I don’t fault Cal for not wanting to give up Belichicks ridiculous compensation, and the majority of the GMs duties aren’t done during the season. We have a whole department of scouts and other upper personnel. Will be fine.

Part of bringing in a GM is to bring in the scouts/upper personnel that he wants - the guys currently in the job are all holdovers from the Brian Gaine era.

In season, the street FAs that are brought in to supplant injuries (DeAndre Carter, Sharice Wright, etc) are vetted by the GM and HC, so now it's strictly on BOB. Better hope we stay healthier than usual. Also, all of our scouting for the 2020 draft begins in-season; So we better hope the list Caseiro is looking in to is the same as the guys we're looking at, or we're really shooting blind during next draft.

It's a mess of a situation.

• 1 month later...