Around the NFL

ChazStandard

This used to be a fixture in the old forum - and I couldn't see one up yet.

Essentially this is a thread for non-Patriots NFL news, gossip etc. Interesting FAs that might fill a need here, or surprise cuts. You get the idea.

Case in point - Devin Taylor (DE) just cut by the Giants, he had some decent years in Detroit, might be worth a look.

55 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Devin Taylor (DE) just cut by the Giants, he had some decent years in Detroit, might be worth a look.

I had the impression he's an OK rotational pass rusher. Now that Brooks is off the market, I'd like the Pats to take a shot.

1 minute ago, PatriotsWin! said:

The Patriots are trading QB Jacoby Brissett to the Colts for WR Phillip Dorsett, league source tells ESPN.

-not sure if true or not, just tweeted by Yates

That's weird if true - they are more than OK at WR. Would have to think Brissett is worth more than that.

17 hours ago, atmer said:

T.J. Ward has just been released by the Broncos. That was unexpected, at least to me.

Good, Gronk's knee is all the safer for not having to play him every year. Playing Ward infuriated me, he has zero tackle technique, and just dives bomb knees. 

What about Dial who just got cut from San Fran. Perfect 3-4 fit everyone is saying. Would be interesting for some 4-3 with Flowers-Branch-Dial-Marsh/Wise JR.

With backups in Guy-Valentine-Brown-Butler to rotate in.  Feels like a lot of DTs though... Hopefully would free up Linebackers to blitz more with such a formidable defense against the run.

Archived