Jets hire Eagles VP Joe Douglas as GM

Matts4313

17 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

FWIW

The fact that people like McShay and Mayock are getting high-level jobs in NFL FOs dispels any concerns that I had of whether I am capable of doing it. If McShay can do it, so too can many of us. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

The fact that people like McShay and Mayock are getting high-level jobs in NFL FOs dispels any concerns that I had of whether I am capable of doing it. If McShay can do it, so too can many of us. 

I nominate @Forge as tribute 

• Like 3

The fact Joe Douglas is considering Tod McShay is disturbing.   A good GM should consider bringing in the best qualified people instead of the people you know or are most comfortable with.   In the end, I don't care who comes in as long as they get results.  WIN!!!!!

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Difference between you and both of them is they actually have relationships with Dozens of College HC, Area Scouts, Regional Scouts, Combine Personnel, Actuall Football Programs, ect. So there really isn't any comparison to yourself, sorry. Outside of the fact you too can make a Mock Draft.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

No. Just those of us that have friends that work in the NFL can.

The fact Joe Douglas is considering Tod McShay is disturbing.   A good GM should consider bringing in the best qualified people instead of the people you know or are most comfortable with.   In the end, I don't care who comes in as long as they get results.  WIN!!!!!

That's how 90% of NFL hiring works. They know a guy.

Edited by Malik
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Difference between you and both of them is they actually have relationships with Dozens of College HC, Area Scouts, Regional Scouts, Combine Personnel, Actuall Football Programs, ect. So there really isn't any comparison to yourself, sorry. Outside of the fact you too can make a Mock Draft.

No, the difference between us is that they're friends with the right people. Do you think it's difficult to make those relationships when you're on the job? Do you think that college HCs don't want their players getting drafted? I've watched those guys analyze players for years. Neither is anything special. You get better analysis on here from certain posters. 

BTW, I can actually put my money where my mouth is. I've been running a sim for years that allows me to draft real time along with the NFL teams. Let's just say that I held my own. I'm not going to put these people on a pedestal. There's nothing special about Mayock or McShay. The fact that they're getting high-level jobs in NFL FOs tells me that NFL teams really aren't owed deference on the decisions they make.

1 hour ago, FinSting said:

Guy is already getting Personal, first day on the job? Hello HR. 

I'd like to think Joe or any Legit Candidate already has several people in mind for filling out their Staff, "if hired". Be shocked really if private conversations hadn't already occured before Joe's Interview with the Jets FO. This way he can actually present them with "potential hires" for his staff.

Edited by Nabbs4u