Zappaz

Will winning actually bring Charger "fans"?

After a great season last year as well as a strong finish the previous year, the team has come back to the winning side of things more often than not. There once again is hype about the team.  The question though is will the recent success bring Charger "fans" to the stadium? If so, will it be enough to actually have some sort of home field advantage?

We could get some fairweather fans like the rams but there are barely chargers fans as it is.

We'll be lucky to sell half the tickets to our own fans this year,

No, not until the ticket prices drop considerably and the team moves into the new stadium. We had more fans show up to the @Rams game than we did any at the stubhub and the main reason for that was the ticket prices. This franchise is badly past due for a Super Bowl appearance and needs to go to one to bring in the fans. 

Posted (edited)

I think it could and already has helped bring back some of the SD fans. A lot of people I know who originally disowned the team were very excited about the Chargers after they had beaten the Chiefs in Arrowhead this past year.

As far as building a fanbase in LA - It'll take a lot of time being a consistent winner. I think the team will be fine in 20-30 years, but it's going to take awhile to establish itself in LA unless they have some kind of dynasty. (Winning like 3 SB's in 4/5 years, which isn't likely)

Edited by Bolts223

On 6/7/2019 at 11:59 PM, Classic said:

No, not until the ticket prices drop considerably and the team moves into the new stadium. We had more fans show up to the @Rams game than we did any at the stubhub and the main reason for that was the ticket prices. This franchise is badly past due for a Super Bowl appearance and needs to go to one to bring in the fans. 

This.  Plus the fact that with such a limited capacity, games are going to be sparsely populated by Chargers fans because Spanos refuses to put any restriction, or even waiting period, on season ticket sales to ticket resale agencies, so people even wanting to go to games effectively have to buy through a reseller... or hope that there's a Groupon available week-of the game which is kind of difficult to plan around.

Also... it's now called Dignity Health Sports Park, and no  i'm not kidding.  They did change the name.

If we win a SB, I promise I'll have at least one kid. We should all do our part to increase our fanbase.

On 8/8/2019 at 8:58 PM, Oregon Ducks said:

If we win a SB, I promise I'll have at least one kid. We should all do our part to increase our fanbase.

dad-what-sa-super-bowl-nflmemez-i-dont-k

Sincerely, the Los Angeles Rams

On 2019-08-11 at 8:47 PM, HoboRocket said:

dad-what-sa-super-bowl-nflmemez-i-dont-k

Sincerely, the Los Angeles Rams

Good showing by you guys in last years SB. Congratulations.

1 hour ago, kyle21121 said:

Good showing by you guys in last years SB. Congratulations.

Hey, there is! The Charger forum isn't dead after all! You all must have been plugged in... charging.

You guys are my pick to win the AFC this year, even over my Houston Texans (and the team that shan't be named), so... Good luck!