Which training camp battle are you looking forward to most?

bigben07MVP

Here is my top five:

5. Benny Snell vs Jaylen Samuels for Backup Running back

4. LB - Mark Barron vs Devin Bush for ILB

3. Artie Burns vs Joe Haden for #1 CB

2. Mason Rudolph vs Joshua Dobbs for backup QB

1. Matt Feiler vs Chuks Okorafor vs Jerald Hawkins For starting RG

Barron vs Williams vs Bush will be a nice battle. Someone mentioned all 3 could be on the field at the same time and that sounds good. I'd rotate them until the hot hand shows itself and go with the better two who I think will be Barron and Bush.

Gilbert III vs Matakevich vs Spillane vs Scales will be interesting to watch. Gilbert is a fast LB who thrives in space and is more Weakside LB than Mike. Matakevich always looked underwhelmed and outmatched during his limited playing time. Spillane and Scales are more similar to Vince Williams. If Matakevich loses the 4th Mike LB spot, does he stay due to ST or will he be supplanted by the younger talent? I see Dirty Red not making the 53 man roster for the Steelers. I also think Spillane and Scales go to PS.

Kelly vs Layne vs Burns vs Sutton vs Hilton vs Brian Allen will be a fun experience. Kelly is my dark horse for the Steelers. I think he has starter potential which could shift Nelson into the Slot CB. Layne has to grow on me as he lacks fluidity to cover any inside breaking route ala Sensabaugh. Sutton has been a disappointment so far and I'm not expecting much from him. Hilton is great near the LOS but gets worse as he covers downfield. Allen has shown nothing so I'm not expecting anything.

PJ Locke will make the 53 man roster. I love his skill set and compare him to Ryan Clark. He can play CB, Slot, FS, and SS and does it at a high level. Locke is also a big hitter and solid Blitzer. STs will be huge for him.

On 6/21/2019 at 6:06 PM, DR43 said:

What's so funny?

If you are being serious, I pray for your soul.

Burns, at best, will be competing for the 4th CB spot.   If he wasnt a former first rounder, he might not even have made it through preseason.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Money said:

Ola vs Bud Dupree.

I doubt this is actually a camp battle. Dupree, at $9M+ will get the start unless he is hurt. What could happen is that Ola could get more snaps as the season goes on, and if dupree gets hurt, then possibly be the replacement. Then if he shows to be more effective, the team will have to decide about your battle, but until then dupree is the starter (again). OLB appears to have depth but not 2 true starters . Watt is legit, but dupree still hasn't proved he is a legit starter . Porter might have held him back, see how the new coaching goes.

• Like 1

Is everyone sure Cam Sutton is going to make the team? He is the typical Steelers player from 10 years ago. Jack of all trades and a master of none. He's not a good outside corner, and he's not a good slot corner. He's not good a the dimebacker role(not that he would need to play it this year). He's not a standout on ST. He's basically a slightly better, corner version, of Darnell Stapleton. He can play everywhere but he's not really good anywhere. I could see him and Artie really battling this camp. I mean, honestly Burns has shown more in his career than Sutton has. I'm really excited to see how the secondary shakes out. 

Just thought this might lead to some interesting discussion. 

• Like 1