Kawhi Leonard's ALL TIME STATUS??

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Good chance he’ll be a top 25 player of all time when he retires. He’s currently the best 2-way player this game has seen since, Jordan maybe?

For all the people who got to watch MJ, was he as good of a defender as Kawhi was in his prime?

MJ was a better off-ball defender. I don't think anyone read and jumped passing lanes as well as MJ. Leonard is a better on-ball defender though. MJ gambled a lot (pun intended).

He’s possibly going to be a 2 time Finals MVP

but other than that his resume isn’t impressive(when talking GOAT)

just 3 all stars and 3 all nba teams

his 2 defensive POY awards and multiple all defensive teams is pretty unique among multiple time finals MVP 

he has a long way to go but he’s got all the tools  

my question is whether or not he plays enough  

is he going to take 20-25 games off every year? 

Hes definately making a statement to say he’s the best in the league right now  

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

He’s possibly going to be a 2 time Finals MVP

but other than that his resume isn’t impressive(when talking GOAT)

just 3 all stars and 3 all nba teams

his 2 defensive POY awards and multiple all defensive teams is pretty unique among multiple time finals MVP 

he has a long way to go but he’s got all the tools  

my question is whether or not he plays enough  

is he going to take 20-25 games off every year? 

Hes definately making a statement to say he’s the best in the league right now  

Yes and No. who will remember one day that he takes off that many games? But if Kawhi continues to kill in both regular season and PLAYOFFS (in bold for a reason) for the next 4-5 years, he should have a chance. Kawhi AT TIMES, looks like the top player in the NBA. 4-5 more years of this and Bullseye!!! 

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Yes and No. who will remember one day that he takes off that many games? But if Kawhi continues to kill in both regular season and PLAYOFFS (in bold for a reason) for the next 4-5 years, he should have a chance. Kawhi AT TIMES, looks like the top player in the NBA. 4-5 more years of this and Bullseye!!! 

I think missing 20-25 games will mean he gets no MVPs and no 1st team all NBAs. That’s gonna hurt him, especially when he’s not winning rings every season. 

This is why they need a Playoffs MVP award. Kawhi could get that and Finals MVP this year. And let's say they blow a 3-1 lead, I'd still give him Playoffs MVP, and maybe just give Finals MVP to Curry or Klay or something like that.

That way you can still give Regular Season MVP to Giannis, award Kawhi for his great year, and then, if you want to, you can give a consolation prize to someone on the Finals loser.

Here are the people usually considered as top 10 guys:

Michael Jordan

Kareem Abdul Jabbar

LeBron James

Bill Russell

Magic Johnson

Tim Duncan

Shaquille O'Neal

Hakeem Olajuwon

Larry Bird

Wilt Chamberlain

Also: Kobe Bryant, Jerry West, Oscar Robertson, Kevin Durant?

Who is Kawhi bumping out?

12 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Here are the people usually considered as top 10 guys:

Michael Jordan

Kareem Abdul Jabbar

LeBron James

Bill Russell

Magic Johnson

Tim Duncan

Shaquille O'Neal

Hakeem Olajuwon

Larry Bird

Wilt Chamberlain

Also: Kobe Bryant, Jerry West, Oscar Robertson, Kevin Durant?

Who is Kawhi bumping out?

As of now certainly no one. But you'll be surprised how in 3-4 years things can change in people's minds whether they deserve to be or not. I'm still not over Tim Duncan is better than Hakeem Olajuwon but Tim Duncan's been a flavor for the last decade so I see why just saying

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

As of now certainly no one. But you'll be surprised how in 3-4 years things can change in people's minds whether they deserve to be or not. I'm still not over Tim Duncan is better than Hakeem Olajuwon but Tim Duncan's been a flavor for the last decade so I see why just saying

I can see Kawhi passing some of them in terms of peak but in carrer accolades it's going to be really tough. Especially if he keeps taking 1/4 of the regular season off. The dude has less career points than Giannis. His pace is far off.

16 hours ago, the lone star said:

This is why they need a Playoffs MVP award. Kawhi could get that and Finals MVP this year. And let's say they blow a 3-1 lead, I'd still give him Playoffs MVP, and maybe just give Finals MVP to Curry or Klay or something like that.

That way you can still give Regular Season MVP to Giannis, award Kawhi for his great year, and then, if you want to, you can give a consolation prize to someone on the Finals loser.

i disagree, a playoffs MVP seems like a consolation prize for someone who didnt win the finals. Once the playoffs start, winning the finals is all that matters. 

PLus I think you can make the argument that if the warriors win the finals, Curry would deserve playoff MVP over Leonard anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

So where we at for this? Potential to be top 30 all time with a peak that is closer to 10-15?

This is more or less what I would say I guess. He did look slow as hell at this point in the series. I'm wondering how much longer he will be able to maintain his Peak. Perhaps his legs are not his best asset anymore

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

So where we at for this? Potential to be top 30 all time with a peak that is closer to 10-15?

Would agree with this. Career started too slow, coupled with the missed time/eventual missed time. Doubt he ever cracks the top ten. Possibly top 30 when it's all said & over with.

5 minutes ago, Glen said:

Would agree with this. Career started too slow, coupled with the missed time/eventual missed time. Doubt he ever cracks the top ten. Possibly top 30 when it's all said & over with.

Yep, exactly. The quality of the player of all time isn't in question. Just didn't have the ideal beginning for an all time career.