E3 2019 discussion

Figured it would be a good idea to get a general E3 thread up before the conferences tomorrow since I'm sure we'll have plenty to talk about and having individual threads for every announcement can get cluttered.

So far the EA play event sucked, really underwhelming.

Tomorrow should be fun if the rumors about Microsoft showing the next gen Xbox are true, newv hardware announcements are always fun. 

Really does suck that Sony skipped this year though... They were typically the conference I would look forward to the most.

Edited by rob_shadows

What the heck.... E3 is starting?  I knew about that EA Play thing, but I didn't associate it with E3 for some reason.  I thought E3 was going to be this week.  Thank goodness you made this thread.

Really looking forward to what Microsoft will be showing tomorrow.  What to see some new hardware, if possible.  I don't really care about most games shown at E3, but hopefully some good ones are there.  I'm also hoping Nintendo does something as well.  I know they just had that Pokemon direct, but there's been rumors for a while that a new Switch model would be shown during this E3 weekend.

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/e3/280811/e3-2019-conference-dates-tickets-location-schedule-games-news

E3 schedule for the lazy. 

E3 2019 Conference Schedule: Dates and Times

EA Play Live Stream: Saturday, June 8 - 12:15 PM ET

Microsoft: Sunday, June 9 - 4:00 PM ET

Bethesda: Sunday, June 9 - 8:30 PM ET

Devolver Digital: Sunday, June 9 - 10:00 PM ET

PC Gaming Show: Monday, June 10 - 1:00 PM ET

Ubisoft: Monday, June 10 - 4:00 PM ET

Square Enix: Monday, June 10 - 9:00 PM ET

Nintendo Direct: Tuesday, June 11 - 12 PM ET

3 hours ago, animaltested said:

Baldurs Gate 3 by Larian (Divinity OS games) got my attention.

But yeah, really only care about hearing Cyberpunk 2077 stuff (which probably wont). Maybe Bethesda Fallout/Elder Scrolls stuff? IDK, not much I care about anymore. 

A google stadia exclusive (?) probably not but Baldurs gate looks real good. 

We got a 40 minute gameplay demo last year, expect some trailers and fluff this year but noting concrete. Bethesda confirmed no ES/Starfield at E3 but Todd Howard said 76 would be good so...

3 hours ago, showtime said:

What the heck.... E3 is starting?  I knew about that EA Play thing, but I didn't associate it with E3 for some reason.  I thought E3 was going to be this week.  Thank goodness you made this thread.

Really looking forward to what Microsoft will be showing tomorrow.  What to see some new hardware, if possible.  I don't really care about most games shown at E3, but hopefully some good ones are there.  I'm also hoping Nintendo does something as well.  I know they just had that Pokemon direct, but there's been rumors for a while that a new Switch model would be shown during this E3 weekend.

Nintendo always does new models for their handhelds, the switch is a handheld so expect something. But then again maybe they don't wanna screw with a home console. 

54 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Only interested in hearing who the last 2 dlc chars are for Smash. I heard Banjo is 90% to be revealed tomorrow.

Rayman, Master Chief would be my bets. 

Also there's 4 more to be revealed potentially more if Nintendo shoves out the $. 

52 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Fallen Order looks so okay. It looks like something I want to like but it's missing something and I'm not sure what it is. 

It's an EA game, expect the worst until it's actually somehow good.

I fully expect to pay 9.99$ for a lightsaber color. 

13 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Nintendo always does new models for their handhelds, the switch is a handheld so expect something. But then again maybe they don't wanna screw with a home console.

Nintendo just deconfirmed a new Switch model this week, again.  I'll still keep an eye out.  Also, hoping for more news regarding Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3 and a bunch of other huge Nintendo titles.

Microsoft should be showing Gears of War 5, which I'm super excited about.  I've always loved Gears.  I'm also expecting to see more of the new Halo game.  They teasted it last E3, so they should show a lot more of it this year unless it's coming out in 2020.  If they show a new console, I'm assuming it would be coming out this year, but I'm not sure.  Maybe 2020 for the new console and Halo.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Nintendo just deconfirmed a new Switch model this week, again.  I'll still keep an eye out.  Also, hoping for more news regarding Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3 and a bunch of other huge Nintendo titles.

Nintendo always does that. They did it for the New 3DS XL or whatever new model they released in 2017. 

1 hour ago, DingoLadd said:

Nintendo always does that. They did it for the New 3DS XL or whatever new model they released in 2017. 

I guess they could announce one this week, you never know.  Looks more like Animal Crossing, Remaster of Zelda Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokemon, Mario Maker 2, etc.

hf37j6lvj6331.png