E3 2019 discussion

1 minute ago, Danger said:

If I could pick one word to describe that conference. It would be boring.

Other Options would be:
Underwhelming
Pointless

We didn't get anything worthwhile that we didn't already know out of this entire press conference. It was a waste of time.

Which is exactly why Sony decided not to even bother this year... We're in a transitional period with games being developed for the new consoles but not ready to be shown yet and the games still coming on current consoles already having been shown... No one really has anything new to show right now.

• Like 1

I don't see how it was underwhelming.  Most people expected Gamepass stuff, Gears 5, Halo Infinite and the new console.  They even threw in the next elite controller, which some people were not expecting.

They pretty much covered everything most people expected them to cover.  Also, learn more about the console?  It doesn't come out until November 2020.  It doesn't make any sense to know more than what they showed today.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't see how it was underwhelming.  Most people expected Gamepass stuff, Gears 5, Halo Infinite and the new console.  They even threw in the next elite controller, which some people were not expecting.

They pretty much covered everything most people expected them to cover.  Also, learn more about the console?  It doesn't come out until November 2020.  It doesn't make any sense to know more than what they showed today.

Literally everything they highlighted was announced months ago... Some over a year ago. 

Even the stuff they said about the console was almost word for word the info Sony confirmed for the PS5...

It was underwhelming because there was nothing new.

Just now, rob_shadows said:

Literally everything they highlighted was announced months ago... Some over a year ago. 

Even the stuff they said about the console was almost word for word the info Sony confirmed for the PS5...

It was underwhelming because there was nothing new.

I didn't expect anything new, though.  I just wanted to know release dates.  I love Gears, so I wanted a release date for Gears 5.  I got that.  I've been wanting to get an Elite controller, but I don't want the current one.  I've been waiting for them to officially announce the next version.  I got that.  We also pretty much got a release date for the new console and Halo Infinite.

I'm actually pretty excited because I wasn't expecting Gears 5 in three months.  I was expecting it would come out in November, not early September.

We knew everything they've shown about Halo and then next console before now. They gave no new information on either. Also keep in mind there was wide speculation we'd get some Fable 4, but nope. We got no gameplay out of this whole E3. 

No Gears 5 gameplay or campaign info. (They'll be having a gameplay presentation of "Escape" in like 3 hours on mixer) but no one is going to watch that there, and quite frankly Escape looked boring.

We just got nothing we didn't already have essentially. All the games they've been developing seem to be AA or A titles. No AAA aside from their already established flagships of Halo and Gears. Which is also a letdown. I thought we were going to get at least 1 new AAA IP this E3. We didn't.

I mean, if you're letdown that's on you.  Like, Nintendo's E3 is happening in a few days.  I already pretty much know everything they're going to talk about.  They're more than likely are not going to announce any new major IP's or anything that we haven't heard about.  People main just want concrete release dates from most stuff - like Animal Crossing, for example.

As far as Gears 5 goes, I agree they should have shown game play.  For some reason they really wanted to hype up this new game mode.  It's a coop mode, so that does sound exciting since their Horde mode has always been so well done. 

It's like Cyberpunk 2077.  They just showed some trailer of the game, which we've seen those already.  People just wanted a release date (if possible) and they got one.

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

If only their exclusives didnt suck.

Gears 5 or Halo at 120 FPS is nice.  I love Gears... Halo I'm kind of meh about.  I'm not even sure if they can go 120 FPS, but it would be great if they could.

Even other multiplayer games.  120 FPS really isn't necessary for a single player game.

I always wanted 120 FPS, but I've never heard it mentioned until now.  Personally, I don't really care about 4K or 8K, I just want higher FPS.  I'm getting this and the PS5 at launch, and I'm assuming the PS5 will also be able to do 120 FPS, but they haven't confirmed that yet.

• Like 1

There's some people who saying they don't like the health bars and damage numbers.  I'm assuming those things aren't going to be in multiplayer.  One of the devs said they did this in these coop modes because when you get a card that says, "increase x gun damage by 12%, it's good for the player to be able to see the changes". 

Also, something to note, the characters in this particular mode have ultimate abilities, which is pretty unique. 

It's great to have another coop mode in addition to Horde.  Gears does these modes so well.

Xbox has had a pretty formulaic conference for the past few years. The concentration is definitely on games, but not the next big AAA game, usually some smaller games that will probably end up solid. Some games do get a bit more spotlight, usually their bigger franchises. Lastly, they spare a few moments to share updates on hardware and services, both of which are secret strengths of Xbox IMO. They don't have the next big franchise, but I don't think that is their aim anymore. I think they try to avoid games like Days Gone that get a lot of hype and absolutely crash and burn lol. I think they made a push with games like Scalebound, then when everything fell apart, I think they decided to avoid the big budget AAA games. Especially since they aren't trying to fight the exclusive war anymore.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, showtime said:

Gears 5... Release September 10th.  You can play 4 days early with the Ultimate edition of the game or by having Gamepass Ultimate.  Wow.  That's earlier than I thought it would come out.

Man It's crazy how much I don't care about Gears 5 considering how good Gears 1 was. Like I would rate gears 1 as the second best console shooter ever, above Halo 3, COD4, all the rest of them but all of the sequels/prequels so far have been so lackluster imo.