Who Is Better, Luka, Jrue, or Draymond?

the lone star

Who Is Better, Luka, Jrue, or Draymond?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Better, Luka, Jrue, or Draymond?

• Draymond Green
    • Jrue Holiday
    • Luka Doncic

8 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

there is 0% chance Luka was better than Booker 

Luka edged out Booker in VORP, DRTG, DBPM, BPM, WS, DWS, Rebounds, Steals, Blocks, Turnovers, Personal Fouls, Games Played, and 3P% (just barely). Booker played more minutes and had a higher usage% too.

6 minutes ago, the lone star said:

VORP, DRTG, DBPM, BPM, WS, DWS,

if you can tell me what any of that means I'll allow it. Also I think you have to win games to get win shares lol. 

8 minutes ago, the lone star said:

Steals, Blocks, Turnovers, 3PT%, Games Played

insignificant differences 

9 minutes ago, the lone star said:

Personal Fouls

ok

11 minutes ago, the lone star said:

Rebounds

this is one that matters

But Booker averaged more PPG, APG, had a higher FG%, TS%, assist%, PER

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

if you can tell me what any of that means I'll allow it. Also I think you have to win games to get win shares lol. 

insignificant differences 

ok

this is one that matters

But Booker averaged more PPG, APG, had a higher FG%, TS%, assist%, PER

Fouls are important, as they can put players on the line, create foul troubles for your team, and may even cause turnovers (offensive fouls). And yes, you have to win games to get win shares, and that's precisely the point. Looks like Luka is more capable of getting wins than Booker. 

If we look at their Per 100 Poss numbers, then assists are "insignificant" too. 

VORP = Value Over Replacement Player
DRTG = Defensive Rating
WS = Win Shares
DWS = Defensive Win Shares
BPM = Box Plus Minus
DBPM = Defensive Box Plus Minus

I can see why you would take Booker, but the chance that Luka is better than him is definitely more than 0, especially when you consider that after the Porzingis trade, Luka didn't have much to work with on his team.

23 minutes ago, the lone star said:

Looks like Luka is more capable of getting wins than Booker. 

your entire team fell apart when barea went out lol. I think Luka had a negative +/- until Barea got hurt. you guys were winning because the bench came in and destroyed the other team's bench. and then jj got hurt and you guys couldn't win a game.

24 minutes ago, the lone star said:

If we look at their Per 100 Poss numbers, then assists are "insignificant" too. 

sure

25 minutes ago, the lone star said:

VORP = Value Over Replacement Player
DRTG = Defensive Rating
WS = Win Shares
DWS = Defensive Win Shares
BPM = Box Plus Minus
DBPM = Defensive Box Plus Minus

I know what they stand for lol

26 minutes ago, the lone star said:

, especially when you consider that after the Porzingis trade, Luka didn't have much to work with on his team.

you know the top minute getters on the Suns (besides Booker) this year were two rookies, josh jackson, richaun holmes, jamal crawford. you had players that had actually ever helped a team win games before in barnes, wes, jordan, & barea. when we got kelly oubre it was a blessing lmao,

7 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

your entire team fell apart when barea went out lol. I think Luka had a negative +/- until Barea got hurt. you guys were winning because the bench came in and destroyed the other team's bench. and then jj got hurt and you guys couldn't win a game.

sure

I know what they stand for lol

you know the top minute getters on the Suns (besides Booker) this year were two rookies, josh jackson, richaun holmes, jamal crawford. you had players that had actually ever helped a team win games before in barnes, wes, jordan, & barea. when we got kelly oubre it was a blessing lmao,

Barnes got traded at the deadline, and Wes + Jordan were packaged away too, while Barea went down, like you said. Ayton as the #2 was still better than what the Mavs had as their #2. Maybe a deeper team, but ifer Devin Booker is better than Luka, and Ayton is (most probably) better than Barnes, and I believe Melton was picked before Brunson, then I think the Suns should have won more games for sure, especially when you consider Jamal Crawford, as he was probably the best bench player on either team. 

Maybe give the credit to coaching though.

Even so, there were guys there to take the load off of Booker towards the end of the year. Doncic had to carry the team at thee end of the season (except for when they decided to feed Dirk), so he routinely drew the toughest defensive matchups and didn't really have anyone to pass to. Brunson, Kleber, Dwight Powell, Devin Harris, Salah Mejri, Dorian-Finney Smith, Daryl Macon, Tim Hardaway Jr., Courtney Lee, No-legs Dirk, Trey Burke, and Justin Jackson. That's absolutely terrible!

Top 5 Minute Getters For The Mavs This Past Season
1. Luka
2. Dorian-Finney Smith
3. Dwight Powell
4. Jalen Brunson
5. Harrison Barnes

That's abysmal right there. Aside from Luka and MAYBE Harrison Barnes (he's worse than people think), those guys are all probably best-suite for the bench.

4 minutes ago, amac said:

I can only understand Draymond but Jrue is comfortably better than Luka on both ends. 

Jrue is better on defense for sure, but I'd like to see Jrue try to operate as a team's #1 nowadays. But that's not necessarily the best test/standard to employ here, because if we are going to look at successful #1s, then might as well go with LaMarcus Aldridge or DeMar DeRozan at this spot instead. Heck, maybe even Dipo.

11 minutes ago, the lone star said:

Jamal Crawford

is easily the worst defensive player in the nba, nothing about him is good lol. 

Luka: -3.9 +/-

Booker: +3.8 +/-

so the mavs were worse when luka was on the court and the suns were better when booker was on the court